Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-16-2020, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, Rita. It is ridiculous.

What's wrong with Clois having kids? Two words, dragonfire: Franklin Richards. The Fantastic Four have been paying for that mistake for decades. That kid has been a pre-teen for nearly a half century now. I just think that characters that continue on in the comics in perpetuity having kids is a mistake, because their kids can never really grow up, not without bending logic. How can the kids grow up while the parents never age?

I got your PM. Thanks. OMG, I really hope they didn't take inspiration from Archie and Jughead for that.

You're welcome. I'm okay too.

OMG, Batman and Darkseid merged? Are they just running out of ideas?
Old 06-16-2020, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Comic book companies ran out of ideas ags ago. That''s why they keep yanking around their characters and writing shock storylines rather than writing decent comic books.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

What's wrong with Clois having kids? Two words, dragonfire: Franklin Richards. The Fantastic Four have been paying for that mistake for decades. That kid has been a pre-teen for nearly a half century now. I just think that characters that continue on in the comics in perpetuity having kids is a mistake, because their kids can never really grow up, not without bending logic. How can the kids grow up while the parents never age?

I got your PM. Thanks. OMG, I really hope they didn't take inspiration from Archie and Jughead for that.

You're welcome. I'm okay too.

OMG, Batman and Darkseid merged? Are they just running out of ideas?
Ok, but that's the F4, and as for the parents never age? Well, that would make sense with Clark, and honestly, I just don't see any problem with Clois having kids.

Good. No problem. Why? What's wrong if they did?

Thanks again. Good.

Maybe they are.

Happy Birthday Alex. I hope you have a great one. I also hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Warner Bros. To Host DC FanDome Virtual Experience Featuring Talent From DC Multiverse Films, TV And Comics
https://deadline.com/2020/06/warner-...cs-1202959941/
Old 06-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Comic book companies ran out of ideas ags ago. That''s why they keep yanking around their characters and writing shock storylines rather than writing decent comic books.
I agree, sum1. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but perhaps it's time to end them. They'll never be as good as they were in the 20th century, and as you said, all they do in the 21st century is recycle old storylines while yanking their characters around and writing shock value storylines. I think most fans are sick and tired of it.

Hi, dragonfire! Yeah, but it doesn't matter if it's the F4, that's my point. Most comic book characters don't have children for that very reason. You'll end up keeping these kids as kids forever. Well, I guess there's no problem with Clois having kids, but... you can only take that storyline so far, you know?

Well, it would be embarrassing for superhero comics to take inspiration from Archie comics.

Thanks, dragonfire! I'll try. And yes, I'm okay. Thanks. Hope you are too.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! Yeah, but it doesn't matter if it's the F4, that's my point. Most comic book characters don't have children for that very reason. You'll end up keeping these kids as kids forever. Well, I guess there's no problem with Clois having kids, but... you can only take that storyline so far, you know?

Well, it would be embarrassing for superhero comics to take inspiration from Archie comics.

Thanks, dragonfire! I'll try. And yes, I'm okay. Thanks. Hope you are too.
Hey Alex. Ok.

Ok, but to be fair just like Riverdale the Superman&Lois show is a CW show as well, so I think it's more like the CW is taking inspiration from Riverdale mix with Smallville than superhero comics taking inspiration from Archie comics.

I also think the CW is why Clois has 2 teenage sons cause with them as teens the show has the teen drama that the CW loves and especially high school teen drama which I think Smallville started that for comic book shows.

No problem. Good, and no problem. I am thanks.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Screen Rant
The Batman Script Is Phenomenal Gushes Catwoman Actress Zoe Kravitz
https://screenrant.com/batman-movie-...n-zoe-kravitz/
Old 06-18-2020, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Birthday for Alex for yesterday!
Old 06-18-2020, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, sum1!

Hi, dragonfire!

Ugh, no news on The Batman, please. I'd rather not hear about that abomination. Of course Zoe Kravitz is gonna say that. She has no other choice. I remember when Batman & Robin came out in 1997 and Arnold Schwarzenegger said that George Clooney was "the best Batman!" Yeah, right.

Okay, that's fair. But when did CW all of a sudden get so obsessed with Archie Comics?

OMG, so they're gonna make Clark and Lois the uncool parents of teenage kids? What's happening to the world?

You're welcome, dragonfire. I hope you're good too, thanks.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Ugh, no news on The Batman, please. I'd rather not hear about that abomination. Of course Zoe Kravitz is gonna say that. She has no other choice. I remember when Batman & Robin came out in 1997 and Arnold Schwarzenegger said that George Clooney was "the best Batman!" Yeah, right.

Okay, that's fair. But when did CW all of a sudden get so obsessed with Archie Comics?

OMG, so they're gonna make Clark and Lois the uncool parents of teenage kids? What's happening to the world?

You're welcome, dragonfire. I hope you're good too, thanks.
Hey Alex.

Sorry. He was the best Batman who used a bat credit card.

Not Archie Comics high school teen drama.

Maybe? I don't know.

Thanks again. Thanks, I am.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Keep up the news on the Batman film, dragonfire, please.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Keep up the news on the Batman film, dragonfire, please.
Oh no you don't!

Please, spare me that indignity, dragonfire. It's like they can never cast these characters right. Pattinson would get his ass kicked in five seconds.

Well, I actually thought of an idea to make Riverdale a feature film with everyone as 20-something adults in a kind of neo-noir crime thriller. Set in the 1980s, of course.

You're welcome. Glad we're all still doing okay.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh no you don't!

Please, spare me that indignity, dragonfire. It's like they can never cast these characters right. Pattinson would get his ass kicked in five seconds.

Well, I actually thought of an idea to make Riverdale a feature film with everyone as 20-something adults in a kind of neo-noir crime thriller. Set in the 1980s, of course.

You're welcome. Glad we're all still doing okay.
Oh, come on I could be posting stuff a lot worse than that.

That sounds cool.

Thanks again. Me too. What I'm about to post below will have to be spoiler tag, and if you click on the spoiler tag then you'll know why I did it.

Spoiler:
Old 06-20-2020, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

DorkShyte
Old 06-20-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What's that, sum1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Oh, come on I could be posting stuff a lot worse than that.

That sounds cool.

Thanks again. Me too. What I'm about to post below will have to be spoiler tag, and if you click on the spoiler tag then you'll know why I did it.

Like what, dragonfire?

Thanks for saying that. I think it's cool as well.

You know, I kinda figured that about the Snyder Cut. I knew that DS had to have shown up at some point.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I won't explain the obvious.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Like what, dragonfire?

Thanks for saying that. I think it's cool as well.

You know, I kinda figured that about the Snyder Cut. I knew that DS had to have shown up at some point.
Oh, you know the usual stuff that annoys you.

No problem.

You did?

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Cinema Blend
The Batman Star Hypes Up Robert Pattinson’s ‘Amazing’ Dark Knight
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/254...ng-dark-knight