Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-12-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I get what you mean, sum1. There are times when I struggle with optimism, but I have no alternative.

Yeah, Biden is a gaffe machine, but again, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I still disagree with you about the party of Reagan. I think it's still there in Romney and others, and I also think that most Republicans don't like Trump and have been reluctant to criticize him openly for fear of his voters, but after Romney's huge approval rating in his home state I think that will change. As for the Democrats, the old guard is dying out and won't be in power much longer. I don't think that traditional Democratic Party can survive the 21st century. As for Pelosi... well, we'll see. Ditto Biden's VP. Remember, there's also the strong probability that Biden is already a guaranteed one term president.

I don't trust voting by mail. Perhaps I can get my mother to drive me.

I hope you got enough sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Definitely. Thanks. Good, and no problem.

Ok. I could be wrong but I think so yeah. Maybe they were before DickBabs, Dick being Batman bound. He actually does cause he's Robin and isn't the Robins the ones who lead the Teen Titans?

I think Tim is still Red Robin.

No problem. Maybe because Clark wants to help them, and Damian is like Clark's Son Jon's BFF.

I hope everyone is ok. [/URL]
Hi, dragonfire! Yep, I'm good, thanks!

I honestly have no idea of the chronology of Dick Grayson's love life.

Well, I was sure that Dick led the Titans when he was Nightwing, correct? I think there are way too many Robins, to be honest. I never liked the idea of bringing back Bruce and Talia's son from Son of the Demon. I preferred the ending where he was given to adoptive parents and that was it. Glad that Tim is still Red Robin, although that's also the name of a restaurant.

Well, I think it's just because Clark and Bruce are BFF and that's pretty much it.

Thanks for the link, but that's wrong. Batman is not “woke." Bruce is a detective, and is rooted in facts, logic, science, and rational thought. Being woke rejects all that and embraces paranoid, hypersensitive, reactionary thinking.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, dragonfire! Yep, I'm good, thanks!

I honestly have no idea of the chronology of Dick Grayson's love life.

Well, I was sure that Dick led the Titans when he was Nightwing, correct? I think there are way too many Robins, to be honest. I never liked the idea of bringing back Bruce and Talia's son from Son of the Demon. I preferred the ending where he was given to adoptive parents and that was it. Glad that Tim is still Red Robin, although that's also the name of a restaurant.

Well, I think it's just because Clark and Bruce are BFF and that's pretty much it.

Thanks for the link, but that's wrong. Batman is not “woke." Bruce is a detective, and is rooted in facts, logic, science, and rational thought. Being woke rejects all that and embraces paranoid, hypersensitive, reactionary thinking.
Hey Alex. Good, and no problem.

Ok.

Yep. Ok, but I don't. I actually like what they're doing with the Robins. Ok, but again I gotta disagree with you. Maybe Tim can be the restaurant's mascot.

Ok, but their Sons Jon and Damian are BFF as well.

No problem, and speaking of Batman.

Quote:
Variety
Batman Comic Book Writer Denny O’Neil Dies at 81
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/den...er-1234632993/
Old 06-13-2020, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I get what you mean, sum1. There are times when I struggle with optimism, but I have no alternative.
I sure do.

Quote:
Yeah, Biden is a gaffe machine, but again, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I still disagree with you about the party of Reagan. I think it's still there in Romney and others, and I also think that most Republicans don't like Trump and have been reluctant to criticize him openly for fear of his voters, but after Romney's huge approval rating in his home state I think that will change. As for the Democrats, the old guard is dying out and won't be in power much longer. I don't think that traditional Democratic Party can survive the 21st century. As for Pelosi... well, we'll see. Ditto Biden's VP. Remember, there's also the strong probability that Biden is already a guaranteed one term president.
The moderate Democrats aren't all old. And many of the moderate Republicans are. The Republican party shows little evidence that more than a minority of them dislike The Donald.

Quote:
I don't trust voting by mail. Perhaps I can get my mother to drive me.
She could drive you out with a stick, whacking you across your behind. "Get out there, Alex, you little brat!"

Quote:
I hope you got enough sleep.
I think I did.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

if cheating is an issue, they'll do it whether you vote by mail or in person.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think cheating is the issue, Rita. I just think that people don't trust the mail with their votes.

Oh, and did you want to join us on the 80s/90s trivia game thread on the Heroes board, Rita?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I sure do.

The moderate Democrats aren't all old. And many of the moderate Republicans are. The Republican party shows little evidence that more than a minority of them dislike The Donald.

She could drive you out with a stick, whacking you across your behind. "Get out there, Alex, you little brat!"

I think I did.
Hi, sum1! Yeah, I know you do.

Well, again... we'll see. I would hope to think that there are still sane Democrats that aren't compromised by "wokeness" and I'm sure that more Republicans don't like Trump and could return the party to Reaganism. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping Romeny leads the way.

She does that when she wants me to do dishes.

I'm glad you got sleep.

Hi, dragonfire!

Well of course you like what they're doing with the Robins. I was fine with Tim Drake in the 1990s, but they didn't need to bring in Damien. A mascot? Yeah, we're gonna disagree on a lot, but that's okay.

Superman's son is named Jon? Who did he have him with?

Thanks for the link, dragonfire. OMG, Denny O'Neil? Man, that's another comic legend gone.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

can I still join? You seemed to have started already.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Well of course you like what they're doing with the Robins. I was fine with Tim Drake in the 1990s, but they didn't need to bring in Damien. A mascot? Yeah, we're gonna disagree on a lot, but that's okay.

Superman's son is named Jon? Who did he have him with?

Thanks for the link, dragonfire. OMG, Denny O'Neil? Man, that's another comic legend gone.
Hey Alex.

Well, I like what they did with Dick and Damian with Dick as the mentor to his mentor's youngest son. It felt like things came full circle. Yeah, a mascot. Yep, but at least we can agree on Disney's Star Wars.

Yes, Jon/Jonathan Kent. His wife Lois Lane. Also, I think Jon made his first live-action appearance in DC/CW's Crisis as a baby.

No problem. Yep.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
BATMAN: SOUL OF THE DRAGON Animated Movie Reportedly In Development For 2021 Release
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...elease-a175978
Old 06-14-2020, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Batman: Soul of a Flying Rat.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
CBR
Batman: Who Is Gotham’s Newest Villain, the Underbroker? | CBR
https://www.cbr.com/batman-92-underbroker-debut/
Old 06-14-2020, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
can I still join? You seemed to have started already.
Of course you can join, Rita! We haven't actually started yet. That was just practice. We don't officially start until Monday.

Quote:
Batman: Soul of a Flying Rat.
Yeah, yeah...

Hi, dragonfire!

Oh, so Dick was the mentor to Damien? Wasn't he also one to Tim? I can't remember. It was the 1990s. Man, I miss that decade. I'm glad we agree on Star Wars. I really cannot stand Kathleen Kennedy.

Wait... when did Clark and Lois have a son? Was this in the Rebirth continuity? and why is his name "Jon" with no H? And he was in the CW Crisis? (CW is literally a crisis).

Thanks for the link, dragonfire. I hope DC continues its tradition of great animated features.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Oh, so Dick was the mentor to Damien? Wasn't he also one to Tim? I can't remember. It was the 1990s. Man, I miss that decade. I'm glad we agree on Star Wars. I really cannot stand Kathleen Kennedy.

Wait... when did Clark and Lois have a son? Was this in the Rebirth continuity? and why is his name "Jon" with no H? And he was in the CW Crisis? (CW is literally a crisis).

Thanks for the link, dragonfire. I hope DC continues its tradition of great animated features.
Hey Alex.

Yes, I think it happened when they thought Bruce died, and Dick became Batman until Bruce returned. I don't know wasn't Bruce the mentor to Tim? Same.

It seems he first appeared in 2015. He's in the Rebirth continuity, and his first name is Jonathan hence the Jon part. Yes, as a baby, but after CW Crisis Clark/Lois went from having a baby to now having two kids.

No problem. Hopefully.

Speaking of hope I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
CBR
LOOK: Previews for Every DC Comic Arriving Tuesday, June 16 | CBR
https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-previews-june-16-2020/
Old 06-15-2020, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm glad we agree on Star Wars. I really cannot stand Kathleen Kennedy.
She literally laughed at the idea of restoring the original films.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
She literally laughed at the idea of restoring the original films.
What the hell is her problem? Oh, what an idiot Lucas was.

Hi, dragonfire!

Oh, I remember that. Yeah, Dick briefly became Batman when people thought that Bruce had died, but instead he ended up back in time in the age of dinosaurs. Yeah, Bruce was a mentor to Tim. I just wish they hadn't done the Damien thing, that's all. And of course they had to go and have Clark and Lois have a kid. Oh, named after Jonathan Kent. That's good. OMG, CW Clark and Lois have two kids? WTF?

Everyone's okay, thanks dragonfire. I hope you are too.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Oh, I remember that. Yeah, Dick briefly became Batman when people thought that Bruce had died, but instead he ended up back in time in the age of dinosaurs. Yeah, Bruce was a mentor to Tim. I just wish they hadn't done the Damien thing, that's all. And of course they had to go and have Clark and Lois have a kid. Oh, named after Jonathan Kent. That's good. OMG, CW Clark and Lois have two kids? WTF?

Everyone's okay, thanks dragonfire. I hope you are too.
Hey Alex.

Yep. Ok. What's wrong with Clois having a kid? Yep. Yes, I told you about the 2 kids before through PM. Remember I said they kinda remind me of Archie&Jughead or something like that.

Actually I'll PM you the character descriptions of the 2 kids.

Good. Thanks I am.

Quote:
Screen Rant
Batman Merges With [SPOILER] To Create DC's DARKEST New Villain
https://screenrant.com/batman-darkse...her-dc-comics/
Old 06-16-2020, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I don't mind them having kids, but teenagers? That's ridiculous