Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-25-2020, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I think Lost Boys is overrated. Near Dark is much better.

Hi, sum1! I hope you got enough sleep.

I saw both, actually. I like them both, but I enjoyed The Lost Boys more. Near Dark has a similar plotline, but it's more of a vampire western. I did like Kathryn Bigelow's direction and that's the movie that convinced me that she was going to be a great director.

Hi, dragonfire! Yep, everyone's okay.

Yes, I'd still like to have seen what Snyder's Darkseid would've been like. I'd brace for disappointment, though.

ANYTHING is better than Batman & Robin. And no, I do not want that Batgirl in the DCEU. Technically, she's not a Burtonverse character, she's a Schumacher character.

Thanks for the info on Henry Cavill. If that's true then I hope he hurries up and does another Superman film.

That's interesting about Michael Keaton, but does that mean that the DCEU has given up on Batman? Pattinson's Batman is gonna be in an alternate universe, like Phoenix's Joker.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, dragonfire! Yep, everyone's okay.

Yes, I'd still like to have seen what Snyder's Darkseid would've been like. I'd brace for disappointment, though.

ANYTHING is better than Batman & Robin. And no, I do not want that Batgirl in the DCEU. Technically, she's not a Burtonverse character, she's a Schumacher character.

Thanks for the info on Henry Cavill. If that's true then I hope he hurries up and does another Superman film.

That's interesting about Michael Keaton, but does that mean that the DCEU has given up on Batman? Pattinson's Batman is gonna be in an alternate universe, like Phoenix's Joker.
Hey Alex. Good.

Me too. I think what will be more disappointing if this is the only thing we see from a live-action Darkseid for years to come.

The Last Jedi says hello. I'm not talking about Barbata Wilson I'm talking about a Batgirl who is related to Burtonverse Alfred.

See there's this rumor report that the Batgirl movie may be like Batman Beyond with Keaton's Batman taking in a young female protege as Batgirl.

Well, there's speculation that she's related to Burtonverse Gordon but what if she's related to Burtonverse Alfred instead?

I mean in the Burtonverse unlike Batman&Gordon we did see the relationship between Batman&Alfred in both movies, and between the two Alfred was more focused on in both movies as well.

I don't know I'm just thinking about what would make more sense storywise.

Oh, I almost forgot if Keaton returns as Batman seems they'll retcon Forever, Batman&Robin, and pick up like 30 years after Returns which I wonder if that's why they have The Flash's release date set for Summer 2022?

No problem. He's been wanting to it's the studios who's been hesitant on making another one.

If you ask me I think it's more like they're leaning heavily on Batman, and not just any Batman but Keaton's Batman. I wouldn't be surprised if The Flash ends up sidelined in his own movie by Batman.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam watch your backs because WB/DC may want to put Batman in your movies.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well, there's speculation that she's related to Burtonverse Gordon but what if she's related to Burtonverse Alfred instead?
Alfred was the same actor in both Burton and Schumacher's Batmans. And it was in the latter that Batgirl was Alfred's niece.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Alfred was the same actor in both Burton and Schumacher's Batmans. And it was in the latter that Batgirl was Alfred's niece.
I know that but since it seems if Keaton returns they'll retcon the Schumacher's films, and pick up 30 years after Returns they can have the Batgirl be related to Alfred, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do it just to rehash that from Batman&Robin.

I mean isn't that what Hollywood does now rehash old things as supposedly new things?

Honestly, I wouldn't even be bringing up the idea of it if it wasn't for the news about Keaton may return as Batman.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Screen Rant
How Batman Used Green Lantern’s OWN RING To Beat Him
https://screenrant.com/batman-uses-green-lantern-ring/
Old 06-26-2020, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1! I hope you got some sleep.

Hi, draonfire! Yep, we're all okay.

sum1's right, dragonfire. Schumacher's films technically pick up where Burton's left off, so they're in the same universe. Not only is Alfred played by the same actor, Commissioner Gordon is also. And once again, the idea of making Batgirl Alfred's niece was stupid the first time they did it. I will never accept any Batgirl other than Barbara Gordon, so let's leave it at that. She's the only character who has earned the right to be Batgirl in the movies.

And I meant any Batman film is better than Batman and Robin. Of course The Last Jedi is total crap. I don't like the idea of Keaton's Batman training some other girl to be Batgirl. The fact that anyone would consider having someone other than Barbara Gordon in the role when she's never been given her due on screen is a sacrilege.

Well, I don't think Hollywood at this point will ever be capable of adapting comics to the screen correctly. They had their chance and they blew it, so I'm giving up on them. It's too bad because Darkseid could've been awesome.

Yeah, I know you're thinking about things storywise. So do I, but I just know the comics better than you do, so that's always gonna affect my decisions. I wouldn't mind Batman Forever and Batman & Robin both being retconned, though.

They have The Flash's release date set for 2022 because they have no idea when the hell anything's gonna get released at this point. I think by then no one's gonna be in the mood for a Flash movie, sadly. Grant Gustin's Flash will probably have already exhausted the audience's interest.

Well I'm glad Cavill hasn't given up on the role.

Leaning on Keaton's Batman would be a mistake. Pattinson's Batman is coming out, and you already know how I feel about that. I just think that they're really screwing up Batman for the cinema. Putting him in all those other characters' movies would also feel intrusive. It would've been better to just try and create another Bruce Wayne similar to Christian Bale's in the Nolan films, only for the DCEU.

Hollywood rehashing old things and passing them off as new things is one of the reasons why movies suck now, dragonfire. Hollywood remakes were a lot better and more focused back in the 1970s and 1980s when they were done with talent and imagination.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-26-2020 at 04:57 PM
Old 06-26-2020, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, draonfire! Yep, we're all okay.

sum1's right, dragonfire. Schumacher's films technically pick up where Burton's left off, so they're in the same universe. Not only is Alfred played by the same actor, Commissioner Gordon is also. And once again, the idea of making Batgirl Alfred's niece was stupid the first time they did it. I will never accept any Batgirl other than Barbara Gordon, so let's leave it at that. She's the only character who has earned the right to be Batgirl in the movies.

And I meant any Batman film is better than Batman and Robin. Of course The Last Jedi is total crap. I don't like the idea of Keaton's Batman training some other girl to be Batgirl. The fact that anyone would consider having someone other than Barbara Gordon in the role when she's never been given her due on screen is a sacrilege.

Well, I don't think Hollywood at this point will ever be capable of adapting comics to the screen correctly. They had their chance and they blew it, so I'm giving up on them. It's too bad because Darkseid could've been awesome.

Yeah, I know you're thinking about things storywise. So do I, but I just know the comics better than you do, so that's always gonna affect my decisions. I wouldn't mind Batman Forever and Batman & Robin both being retconned, though.

They have The Flash's release date set for 2022 because they have no idea when the hell anything's gonna get released at this point. I think by then no one's gonna be in the mood for a Flash movie, sadly. Grant Gustin's Flash will probably have already exhausted the audience's interest.

Well I'm glad Cavill hasn't given up on the role.

Leaning on Keaton's Batman would be a mistake. Pattinson's Batman is coming out, and you already know how I feel about that. I just think that they're really screwing up Batman for the cinema. Putting him in all those other characters' movies would also feel intrusive. It would've been better to just try and create another Bruce Wayne similar to Christian Bale's in the Nolan films, only for the DCEU.

Hollywood rehashing old things and passing them off as new things is one of the reasons why movies suck now, dragonfire. Hollywood remakes were a lot better and more focused back in the 1970s and 1980s when they were done with talent and imagination.
Hey Alex. Good.

I know that but if Keaton returns as Batman they won't be. It would be like what happened to The Last Stand, and Origins in DOFP. Ok, I understand you don't like it but if it's tied to the Burtonverse then maybe expect something like that.

Actually, if it ends up being they're not using Barbara Gordon that could explain why she's rumored to be in Titans S3 even though before they couldn't use her because of the Batgirl movie.

Oh, ok. I'm glad we can at least agree on that. Plot twist if it's like Batman Beyond then the other girl will turn out to be his kid but instead of cloning his DNA she's his kid with Selina. Maybe one day she'll get her due on screen.

Wow, so you're really done with comic books movies? Speaking of is it true that Darkseid was created by Kirby?

Ok, fair. Same here. I mean I like Forever and Batman&Robin but I just can't see them as sequels to Batman 89, and Batman Returns.

Shh let them pretend the release date was always part of the plan. That's why it'll be more a Batman movie that's like a sequel to 89, Returns, and will only be a Flash movie in name only.

Me too.

Ok, but if Keaton returns as Batman then I don't see what's the problem with having 2 different versions of Batman.

I mean Pattisons Batman is a young origin, Batman, with a movie that the director wants to keep self-contained separate from the DCEU like Nolan's Batman movies.

Keaton's Batman is a long-awaited return, Batman, with movies that WB/DC wants to tie to the DCEU, and if you ask me I think it's a win, win situation here.

True.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, Darkseid was created by Jack Kirby.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1! I hope you slept enough.

Hi, dragonfire! Again, we're all good.

Yep, sum1 is correct, Jack Kirby created Darkseid. What, you couldn't tell by the shape of his head? That's classic Kirby bubblehead design. Sadly, both Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko didn't stay with Marvel long after helping Stan Lee create what would become the Marvel Universe in the 1960s. Kirby went to work with DC and Ditko decided to try working on new characters for Charlton Comics, like Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, The Question, etc.

Well, whatever they do with the Burtonverse, it'll still be like an alternate reality and not the actual DCEU. They also can't do it for very long because eventually they're gonna want to bring Batman back into the DCEU whenever the hell they finish this Rob Pattinson experiment. Yeah, I know Pattinson's Batman is intended as a stand alone story, and it looks more like Batman meets Mad Max. Sorry, dragonfire, I just do not like anything that WB and DC are doing, not to mention Marvel.

I don't like Batman Beyond either, dragonfire. So that's not gonna make me feel any better about it. But I do hope Barbara gets her due one day. If it were me, I'd have introduced Barbara in Batman Begins as Oracle and eventually Batgirl, and not even used that damn Rachel Dawes character.

Well, at this point I simply no longer trust Hollywood to respect the source material, dragonfire. Hell, Marvel and DC aren't even respecting their own material anymore. So yeah, I'm done with them. I think the window to do great comic book adaptations has closed. The franchising is also making Hollywood lazy.

Well, on that I agree, Forever and Batman & Robin were not as good as Burton's films, even though I couldn't stand Batman Returns.

Okay, let's pretend that, dragonfire. If it makes you feel better.

I just hope that Cavill does another Superman movie soon. And I don't like the idea of multiple Batman versions because it's gonna start looking like the Arrowverse, dragonfire. From what I've seen, Pattinson's Batman won't even resemble the character from the comics at all. Like I said, this is more like Mad Max and Death Wish, not Batman.

Okay, win-win for you. I would've agreed with you back in 1989 when I first saw the movie, let's put it that way. Now it's too little, way too late for me.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I slept.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! Again, we're all good.

Yep, sum1 is correct, Jack Kirby created Darkseid. What, you couldn't tell by the shape of his head? That's classic Kirby bubblehead design. Sadly, both Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko didn't stay with Marvel long after helping Stan Lee create what would become the Marvel Universe in the 1960s. Kirby went to work with DC and Ditko decided to try working on new characters for Charlton Comics, like Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, The Question, etc.

Well, whatever they do with the Burtonverse, it'll still be like an alternate reality and not the actual DCEU. They also can't do it for very long because eventually they're gonna want to bring Batman back into the DCEU whenever the hell they finish this Rob Pattinson experiment. Yeah, I know Pattinson's Batman is intended as a stand alone story, and it looks more like Batman meets Mad Max. Sorry, dragonfire, I just do not like anything that WB and DC are doing, not to mention Marvel.

I don't like Batman Beyond either, dragonfire. So that's not gonna make me feel any better about it. But I do hope Barbara gets her due one day. If it were me, I'd have introduced Barbara in Batman Begins as Oracle and eventually Batgirl, and not even used that damn Rachel Dawes character.

Well, at this point I simply no longer trust Hollywood to respect the source material, dragonfire. Hell, Marvel and DC aren't even respecting their own material anymore. So yeah, I'm done with them. I think the window to do great comic book adaptations has closed. The franchising is also making Hollywood lazy.

Well, on that I agree, Forever and Batman & Robin were not as good as Burton's films, even though I couldn't stand Batman Returns.

Okay, let's pretend that, dragonfire. If it makes you feel better.

I just hope that Cavill does another Superman movie soon. And I don't like the idea of multiple Batman versions because it's gonna start looking like the Arrowverse, dragonfire. From what I've seen, Pattinson's Batman won't even resemble the character from the comics at all. Like I said, this is more like Mad Max and Death Wish, not Batman.

Okay, win-win for you. I would've agreed with you back in 1989 when I first saw the movie, let's put it that way. Now it's too little, way too late for me.
Hey Alex. Good.

No, I didn't know about the classic bubblehead thing. I see, and thanks for telling me.

Ok. Wouldn't they already bring him back into the DCEU if Keaton returns as Batman? Batman meets Mad Max? That actually sounds interesting. I know.

You don't? Hopefully. You would?

Oh speaking of Batman Beyond. Seems there may be a new rumor that Keaton is requesting a Batman Beyond movie with Burton. If the new rumor is true I'm kinda surprised he isn't requesting a Beetlejuice 2 with Burton as well.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

You didn't like Returns? Speaking of Returns. If Keaton returns then hopefully Pfeiffer returns as well.

Hey, I'm just saying if they want WB/DC can say it was always part of the plan even though it wasn't.

Me too. We need a new Superman movie. Maybe that's the point? Like maybe WB/DC wants all their movies, and tv shows connected thru the multiverse? Ok.

Not just for me. I know there are fans who want stand-alone Batman movies, and there are also fans who want Batman Justice League movies so with this it's a win-win situation for both sides of the fandom. Sorry to hear that.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Cinema Blend
How Wonder Woman 3 Has Been Impacted By The Health Crisis, According To Patty Jenkins
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/254...-patty-jenkins
Old 06-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad that you slept, sum1. But I hope you're feeling okay.

Hi, dragonfire! What, you didn't notice the resemblance between Darkseid and many Marvel characters?

They won't bring Batman into the DCEU until they're done with this Pattinson thing, which I hope is a one-shot and fails miserably. Until then, they'll use Keaton's alternate reality Batman. I honestly don't know what the hell the DCEU is doing because it seems like they're desperately trying to catch up to Marvel but they know they botched it with their Justice League shared universe.

No, I never liked Batman Beyond, dragonfire. I don't like what they did to Bruce in that future. And yes, I would've used Barbara Gordon in Batman Begins because it would've made more sense. That Rachel Dawes love interest thing was totally unnecessary. I'd have made Barbara a lot like Carrie Kelley from The Dark Knight Returns. Oh no, a Batman Beyond movie is not what I need right now. I also don't know if a Beetlejuice 2 film would work. That movie was so much a thing of the 80s that I don't know if it'll translate into the 21st century. Tim Burton was great in the 80s and 90s, but his gimmick seems to have run its course. His last few films didn't work out so well.

Yeah, well, thanks. Too bad you'll never get to see how these movies would look if I made them.

Okay, let's just pretend it was part of the plan all along.

I think DC and WB already said they've given up on connecting all of their films. They tried and it blew up in their faces. As for having both stand alone and interconnected films, I don't know. Sounds like that might try the audiences' patience and make things very confusing. It might also oversaturate the market. Too much of anything can make people sick of it... like Disco.

Thanks for the info on Wonder Woman 3. See what I mean?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-29-2020 at 04:36 AM
Old 06-28-2020, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm glad that you slept, dragnonfire. But I hope you're feeling okay.

Hi, dragonfire! What, you didn't notice the resemblance between Darkseid and many Marvel characters?

They won't bring Batman into the DCEU until they're done with this Pattinson thing, which I hope is a one-shot and fails miserably. Until then, they'll use Keaton's alternate reality Batman. I honestly don't know what the hell the DCEU is doing because it seems like they're desperately trying to catch up to Marvel but they know they botched it with their Justice League shared universe.

No, I never liked Batman Beyond, dragonfire. I don't like what they did to Bruce in that future. And yes, I would've used Barbara Gordon in Batman Begins because it would've made more sense. That Rachel Dawes love interest thing was totally unnecessary. I'd have made Barbara a lot like Carrie Kelley from The Dark Knight Returns. Oh no, a Batman Beyond movie is not what I need right now. I also don't know if a Beetlejuice 2 film would work. That movie was so much a thing of the 80s that I don't know if it'll translate into the 21st century. Tim Burton was great in the 80s and 90s, but his gimmick seems to have run its course. His last few films didn't work out so well.

Yeah, well, thanks. Too bad you'll never get to see how these movies would look if I made them.

Okay, let's just pretend it was part of the plan all along.

I think DC and WB already said they've given up on connecting all of their films. They tried and it blew up in their faces. As for having both stand alone and interconnected films, I don't know. Sounds like that might try the audiences' patience and make things very confusing. It might also oversaturate the market. Too much of anything can make people sick of it... like Disco.

Thanks for the info on Wonder Woman 3. See what I mean?
You mean Sum right?

Hey Alex. No, but I do now thanks.

Ok.

You didn't? I didn't mind it of course back at that time I was only like 5/6 years old. Ok. I don't know if I would call Rachel totally unnecessary in the Nolanverse. I mean she did play a big part in it. You would? Ok, but if you had to choose between a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton or another BOP movie with Robbie what would it be?

True. Also true.

No, problem. Yes, too bad.

Yep.

They did? Ok, but why not try it while superhero movies are still hot right now? Disco really?

No problem. No, what do you mean?

I hope everyone is ok.

Oh, I know it sounds crazy but this sounds like a betrayal to WB/DC.

Quote:
Hollywood Reporter
Margot Robbie, Christina Hodson Re-Team for New 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Movie (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1298722
Old 06-29-2020, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info, dragonfire.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1! I hope you got enough sleep.

Yeah, I'm sorry, dragonfire. I goofed again.

You're welcome. I hope you can see the distinctive style that Kirby had that came to define comics in the 1960s and early 70s.

Nah, I felt that Rachel was unnecessary in terms of Bruce's storyline. I'd have no problem if she were introduced as Harvey Dent's fiancé as part of his origin story, but I think there was already a female character in Harvey's life that they could've used for that role. But No, I don't think she was necessary to develop Bruce's storyline. Barbara Gordon would've worked just as well in that capacity, and wouldn't even have to be a love interest.

Those are my choices? Okay, a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as long as it was a one-shot. I don't need this dragging out too long.

Yeah, it makes me sad because I actually was a fan of Tim Burton's non-comic book related stuff, like Beetlejuice and Ed Wood. But I think time just passed him by. It makes me nostalgic for the 80s and 90s when I think of his work and how it was so much a product of that era. Movies were just brighter and a lot more fun back then.

Well, I told you that my idea for the MCU and the DCEU would be a six volume miniseries for each, which would focus on the individual characters, but the long term storylines would focus on Darkseid and Thanos.

Superhero movies are hot right now, but if you cram everything into a short time span it can get too much for any audience. Remember the slasher movie craze of the 1980s? No, you weren't alive. But that's one example. Movie genres tend to come and go in cycles.

Yeah, Disco. Really.

What I mean is that DC and WB's superhero movies just keep having one setback after another. I think they should've tried doing a shared cinematic universe back in the 1990s when they had the chance to beat Marvel to the punch, since WB has owned all of DC's titles since the 1970s.

Thanks for the article. OMG, another Pirates of the Caribbean movie? And Margot Robbie really bores me now. She's annoying.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yeah, I'm sorry, dragonfire. I goofed again.

You're welcome. I hope you can see the distinctive style that Kirby had that came to define comics in the 1960s and early 70s.

Nah, I felt that Rachel was unnecessary in terms of Bruce's storyline. I'd have no problem if she were introduced as Harvey Dent's fiancé as part of his origin story, but I think there was already a female character in Harvey's life that they could've used for that role. But No, I don't think she was necessary to develop Bruce's storyline. Barbara Gordon would've worked just as well in that capacity, and wouldn't even have to be a love interest.

Those are my choices? Okay, a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as long as it was a one-shot. I don't need this dragging out too long.

Yeah, it makes me sad because I actually was a fan of Tim Burton's non-comic book related stuff, like Beetlejuice and Ed Wood. But I think time just passed him by. It makes me nostalgic for the 80s and 90s when I think of his work and how it was so much a product of that era. Movies were just brighter and a lot more fun back then.

Well, I told you that my idea for the MCU and the DCEU would be a six volume miniseries for each, which would focus on the individual characters, but the long term storylines would focus on Darkseid and Thanos.

Superhero movies are hot right now, but if you cram everything into a short time span it can get too much for any audience. Remember the slasher movie craze of the 1980s? No, you weren't alive. But that's one example. Movie genres tend to come and go in cycles.

Yeah, Disco. Really.

What I mean is that DC and WB's superhero movies just keep having one setback after another. I think they should've tried doing a shared cinematic universe back in the 1990s when they had the chance to beat Marvel to the punch, since WB has owned all of DC's titles since the 1970s.

Thanks for the article. OMG, another Pirates of the Caribbean movie? And Margot Robbie really bores me now. She's annoying.
It's ok.

Thanks again. I see, and thanks.

Ok.

Yep. I don't know the Batman Beyond movie could lead to sequels.

You were? Did you like Pee Wee's Big Adventure? You do? It does? Yeah, they were.

Oh, yeah you did tell me that.

Ok, I get what you're saying, and let's just agree to disagree about it.

I see, thanks for telling me, and do you think Disco will ever make a comeback?

Oh, ok, but better late than never.

No problem. To me, it sounds like maybe HQ: BOP but with POTC.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Variety
Listen: Zoë Kravitz on Robert Pattinson’s ‘Perfect’ Batman and Why She Wants ‘High Fidelity’ Season 2
https://variety.com/2020/tv/podcasts...on-1234689694/