Old 02-15-2020, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
CBR
Why Birds of Prey's Cassandra Cain Is Still the Best Batgirl
https://www.cbr.com/birds-of-prey-ca...-best-batgirl/
Old 02-16-2020, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Forget it. Alicia Silverstone is the best Batgirl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, it doesn't erase those films, but those films aren't directly tied into the same continuity as BoP. In fact, you could reboot the entire DCEU and those films would be unaffected.
Two of those films ARE tied to the same continuity as BOP.
Quote:
Okay, sum1. I'm just not that impressed by Kravitz. I saw her in First Class and Divergent, but aside from that she's just Lenny Kravitz's daughter. We'll see. I still believe in casting right, but oh well.
I've seen her do good work.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Races To $43M Overseas For $100M Global Bow; ‘Birds Of Prey’ Flaps To $143M WW – International Box Office
Quote:
UPDATE, writethru: Paramount’s Sonic The Hedgehog raced to a $100M worldwide opening this weekend, including $43M from the international box office, and a domestic record for a videogame pic. The adaptation of Sega’s globally popular property is playing in 40 offshore markets, repping 60% of the overseas footprint. Directed by Jeff Fowler, Sonic had his best restults in Latin America and Europe with No. 1s in most cases and setting up nicely for hubs that have school holidays afoot.

In like-for-like markets and excluding previews, the little blue speedster came in 95% above Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip, 61% over Peter Rabbit, 20% above Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and 6% higher than Pokemon Detective Pikachu.
Quote:
NEW
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
Sonic The Hedgehog
Paramount
With a $43M international opening, Paramount’s Sega videogame adaptation captured the global No. 1 spot this weekend at $100M. That includes a terrific domestic bow that bested expectations. Overseas, the start is above such comps as Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip, Pixels, Peter Rabbit, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Pokemon Detective Pikachu. There are school holidays ahead and not much in the way of family fare save some rollout on Disney/Fox’s The Call Of The Wild this month and then Disney/Pixar’s Onward in March.
Latin America and Europe leaned into the little blue fellow while overall moviegoing is down in Asia owing to the coronavirus. An initial February date on Sonic in China has been shelved given all cinemas are closed there for the foreseeable future. Videogame movies typically work well in the market, so hopefully it finally gets a release once the tragic epidemic is contained. Russia opens next weekend, and Japan goes March 20.

The Top 10 markets on Sonic, which stars Jim Carrey, James Masden and Ben Schwartz, are Mexico ($6.7M), the UK ($6.2M), France ($4.3M), Germany ($3.3M), Brazil ($3M), Australia ($2.8M), Spain ($2M), Italy ($1.9M), Ukraine ($1M) and Colombia ($1M).
https://deadline.com/2020/02/sonic-t...ce-1202860971/
Old 02-16-2020, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, Barbara Gordon will always be the best Batgirl. Screw Cassandra Cain.

Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm glad Birds of Prey is nosediving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Forget it. Alicia Silverstone is the best Batgirl.
Two of those films ARE tied to the same continuity as BOP.
I've seen her do good work.
I'm sorry, sum1, but I don't like Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl because she isn't from the comics. Barbara is Jim Gordon's daughter, not Alfred's niece.

I know, but Aquaman and Wonder Woman are both set in the past, prior to the events of MoS and BvS, so if they wanted to be a totally separate continuity it wouldn't be a problem. Since they're rebooting Batman they might end up doing that.

Well, she still doesn't fit Selina Kyle for me. Ditto Pattinson as Bruce Wayne.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm glad Birds of Prey is nosediving.

No problem. I know you are. Now for me, I'm glad Sonic is winning at the box office. Odds were against him, but he like overcame those odds, he earned a well-deserved win and thanks/congrats to everyone who made the movie, and of course, listening to the fans.
Quote:
TheWrap
Could 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Speed Paramount's Recovery at the Box Office?
https://www.thewrap.com/sonic-paramo...ffice-rebound/
Old 02-17-2020, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm sorry, sum1, but I don't like Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl because she isn't from the comics. Barbara is Jim Gordon's daughter, not Alfred's niece.
DC comics don't matter.

Quote:
I know, but Aquaman and Wonder Woman are both set in the past, prior to the events of MoS and BvS, so if they wanted to be a totally separate continuity it wouldn't be a problem. Since they're rebooting Batman they might end up doing that.
Aquaman and Wonder Woman have been tied directly into the DCEU's main continuity and the same goes for Harley Davidson.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

this Sonic movie must look weird
Old 02-17-2020, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't seen it, Rita.

Awesome news about Sonic, dragonfire! Well, I'm glad that you're glad that Sonic is winning. And I know you know that I love that BoP is losing. I'm glad for Paramount. They really got screwed over after Disney bought out Marvel.

Quote:
DC comics don't matter.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman have been tied directly into the DCEU's main continuity and the same goes for Harley Davidson.

They do to me, sum1.

I know, but my point is that narratively they are the least dependent on the DCEU continuity because almost nothing from the other films overlaps onto them. If WB wanted to, they could alter the entire DCEU continuity and it wouldn't affect Aquaman or Wonder Woman.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds like you haven't seen all those DC films.

And DC comics since the Crisis aren't worth shight.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Variety
How Internet Backlash Helped ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Avoid Box Office Disaster
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/s...gn-1203505411/
Old 02-18-2020, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why is a hedgehog called Sonic? And why does anyone care anyway? I don't watch films about hedgehogs.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

my feelings exactly
Old 02-18-2020, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 02-18-2020, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He's called Sonic the Hedgehog because he does super fast forward rolls that appear to be at supersonic speed.

Quote:
That sounds like you haven't seen all those DC films.

And DC comics since the Crisis aren't worth shight.
Well, I know that Aquaman and Wonder Woman both take place before the events of Man of Steel, so they wouldn't be affected by a change in continuity... like, Rob Pattinson's Batman taking over for Ben Affleck's.

Thanks for the info, dragonfire! I'm so glad that Sonic is whupping Harley's ass!
Old 02-18-2020, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for the info, dragonfire! I'm so glad that Sonic is whupping Harley's ass!
No problem. I know you are. Can you believe that HQ: BOP made $100M in like 2 weeks, and Sonic made $100M in like 3/4 days?

I wonder if WB won't make anymore HQ BOP movies after this?

Quote:

Hollywood Reporter
Box Office: 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Wakes Paramount From Hibernation
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...nation-1279685