Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1! I hope you got some sleep and feel okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Roseanne is a bloody idiot. She keeps saying stupid and ignorant things. A volcano is hitting Hawaiii? Is that the same one that was causing trouble a while back? And a tropical storm? When will the crazy weather end? As for North Korea, I've given up trying to predict what's going to happen with that. Russia.... gah. Putin the alien.
Oh, I know she is. This is the same woman who got into trouble back in 1990 for singing the national anthem at a baseball game(badly) and then grabbing her crotch and spitting, imitating a baseball player. And Samantha Bee just got into trouble for calling Ivanka the "C" word because she tweeted a pic of herself hugging her child. I'm no Trump supporter, but I think that's going way too far. It just makes the Trump critics seem just as crazy and vulgar as he is. Attack him, yeah, but a mom and her child? But the point is, the news has been obsessing about both of these stories while there's actually more important things to be reporting, along with the situation in Puerto Rico and a potential trade war. But this is how the news is today.

Volcanoes have nothing to do with the weather, sum1. That's geological, not meteorological. And it's the volcano on the large island of Hawaii that's been spewing lava and destroying homes for the past week.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, sum1! I hope you got some sleep and feel okay.
I didn't get sleep and I feel like crap.

Quote:
Oh, I know she is. This is the same woman who got into trouble back in 1990 for singing the national anthem at a baseball game(badly) and then grabbing her crotch and spitting, imitating a baseball player. And Samantha Bee just got into trouble for calling Ivanka the "C" word because she tweeted a pic of herself hugging her child. I'm no Trump supporter, but I think that's going way too far. It just makes the Trump critics seem just as crazy and vulgar as he is. Attack him, yeah, but a mom and her child? But the point is, the news has been obsessing about both of these stories while there's actually more important things to be reporting, along with the situation in Puerto Rico and a potential trade war. But this is how the news is today.

Volcanoes have nothing to do with the weather, sum1. That's geological, not meteorological. And it's the volcano on the large island of Hawaii that's been spewing lava and destroying homes for the past week.
If you pay attention to what I actually wrote you'll see that I put the comment about the weather after my comment on the tropical storm. It was nothing to do with the volcano. I know volcanoes have nothing to do with the weather. I'm not some idiot, so please don't treat me as one. Now, when you're finshed laughing at me, we can move on.

Who the hell is Samantha Bee?

The trade war is on and off. I've given up on following it.

We haven't heard about Puerto Rico over here. What's it, the storm? Trump is always so offensive to them.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I'm sorry, sum1. I wasn't laughing at you. I figured it was a typo or something. I apologize.

Samantha Bee is a political comedian on TBS like Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert.

I'm sorry you didn't get any sleep. I hope you can get some tonight.

There was a hurricane that hit Puerto Rico last year, along with two others that hit Texas and Florida. The ones that hit Texas and Florida were dealt with pretty quickly, but the relief efforts for Puerto Rico have bene stagnant.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok, sorry for blowing up at you. I'm feeling really rotten.

Yeah, Trump doesn't give a damn about Puerto Rico.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ok, sorry for blowing up at you. I'm feeling really rotten.

Yeah, Trump doesn't give a damn about Puerto Rico.
It's okay. I'm sorry you feel so rotten. I hope you can rest later on.

Yeah, true. But for some reason the Puerto Rico thing isn't sticking to him over here the way Katrina did to Bush, probably because it's an island and very remote, not like New Orleans.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks.

Bush wasn't responsible for what happpend in New Orleans, but Trump sure as hell needs to be called on his treatment of Puerto Rico.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome.

Yep. But like I said, it doesn't seem to be happening. That's because the entire media is spread thin covering Russia, Mueller, Stormy Daniels, Roseanne, North Korea, and every other ridiculous thing. I think the orange one actually likes this crap. I'm exhausted just hearing about this stuff all the time.

Oh, and I heard Solo flopped if that's any consolation to you, sum1.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-31-2018 at 08:03 PM
Old 06-01-2018, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay for Solo flopping.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Solo flopped in the Press according to Star Wars standards...I'm not sure what the budget was and what the estimated first week box office gain was supposed to be

Alex...I'm still on my audio book - the Outsider by Stephen King... Horror Mystery-- 560 plus pages 15 plus hours of audio book listening
Old 06-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Solo is a flop because the reshoots cost them an extra 300+ million dollars making their budget 650 million. It's too bad because I enjoyed the movie and wouldn't mind it continuing.

I'm not an obsessed star wars fan I've only seen the movies and have enjoyed most of them. Some were much better than others but none of them upset me or anything.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

my son wants to see it so I might just have to take him
Old 06-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Rita! Hi, Melissa! Hi, Dave! Hi, sum1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Solo flopped in the Press according to Star Wars standards...I'm not sure what the budget was and what the estimated first week box office gain was supposed to be

Alex...I'm still on my audio book - the Outsider by Stephen King... Horror Mystery-- 560 plus pages 15 plus hours of audio book listening
I've heard people say that it was a combination of the budget, the scheduling, and a backlash against The Last Jedi from Star Wars fans, not to mention that Solo is a prequel about a character we already know and was made iconic by Harrison Ford.

I'm glad you're happy it flopped, sum1. I haven't seen it yet, myself.

How are you liking the audio book, Dave?
Old 06-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
Solo is a flop because the reshoots cost them an extra 300+ million dollars making their budget 650 million. It's too bad because I enjoyed the movie and wouldn't mind it continuing.

I'm not an obsessed star wars fan I've only seen the movies and have enjoyed most of them. Some were much better than others but none of them upset me or anything.
Most of them upset me.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Rita! Hi, Melissa! Hi, Dave! Hi, sum1!

I've heard people say that it was a combination of the budget, the scheduling, and a backlash against The Last Jedi from Star Wars fans, not to mention that Solo is a prequel about a character we already know and was made iconic by Harrison Ford.

I'm glad you're happy it flopped, sum1. I haven't seen it yet, myself.

How are you liking the audio book, Dave?
crazy horror mystery....I probably won't read it again...lots of profanity and some graphic scenes in the book.... I've got less than 20 minutes left...then I'm done with the entire book...560 plus pages worth of audio....
Old 06-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, did you not like the book, Dave? What other Stephen King books have you read? I liked his early stuff from the 70's and 80's, but not much after that.

Quote:
Most of them upset me.

Which ones, sum1? I know the new ones have, but I thought you liked the originals.