Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2018, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

My sleeping patterns are messed up anyway.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish they weren't.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks. So do I.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My only problem is having to go to bed so early because I have to be at work by 5am. I'm glad I'll be off Thursday.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

You've got a crappy work schedule.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know. I'm working towards getting out of this situation.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Go to work at Marvel?
Old 03-28-2018, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
My only problem is having to go to bed so early because I have to be at work by 5am. I'm glad I'll be off Thursday.
what kind of work opens at 5am??
Old 03-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I work at Walmart, Rita. My shift begins at 5am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Go to work at Marvel?
Yeah, can you imagine me working at Marvel and telling them all what idiots they are?
Old 03-28-2018, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I can imagine.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1! I hope you got a good night's sleep. Did you know that human beings are supposed to have slept 26 years during their lifetime? Not all at once. Total combined sleep.

Yeah, I think I'd get fired in a month. I'd be like, "why did you make Luke Cage and Iron Fist two different Netflix shows when you should've just made one show called Power Man and Iron Fist?" Considering how badly the two separate shows have done, am I wrong?
Old 03-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Luke Cage show has been successful with audiences and is good stuff. Considering how badly they miscast Iron Fist, I'm glad there's not a Power Man & Iron Fist show. Luke Cage is a great show, one of the best around now, better than the comics. Iron Fist is a weak show, due particularly to the uninspired castng for the lead role.

Also, it's worth pointing out that Luke Cage was a solo hero in the comics long before he met Iron Fist and after they parted ways as well. Just because your particular memories are of them being together doesn't mean that's the only way they can be. Luke has an identity outside Power Man & Iron Fist and he wasn't originally called Power Man either, nor was he called that later on after the team-up comic ended.

Last edited by sum1; 03-29-2018 at 06:25 PM
Old 03-29-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1! I thought that the Luke Cage series got cancelled or something? Anyway, I know that Luke had his own comic first called Hero For Hire, but I grew up on the Power Man and Iron Fist comic and that's what I remember the most.

I know you don't like the Iron Fist show, but I do think that if the role had been cast better and if Danny had been teamed up with Luke, it would've been a better decision. I don't see why they needed two separate shows.

And this is Easter weekend, so it'll probably be a busy weekend. Thank goodness it's finally getting warmer.

I'm going to bed soon, so if I don't see you have a good night and I hope you sleep well!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-29-2018 at 07:52 PM
Old 03-30-2018, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, the Luke Cage series is still going. Its second season is coming out this June. Sorry to disappoint you.

What you remember most isn't necessarily the only thing existed or was important.

They need two separate shows because Luke is a character in his own right, not dependent on Danny. He had a solo run before meeting Danny and he had plenty of comics without Danny later on too. That justifies a solo Luke Cage show. Just because what you remember is the team-up doesn't mean it's the only thing Luke Cage is known for. Thank god he has his own own show separate from that whiney blond pretend Buddhist.

In the comics, Luke Cage is married to Jessica Jones, but they didn't combine their shows, so I don't see why they should combine Luke Cage and Iron Fist's shows.

Nonetheless, Iron Fist will be guest starring in the Luke Cage show, which pisses a lot of people off, including me.

I hope you had a good sleep.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, sum1. I did have a good night's sleep and then I had breakfast. It's warm today, but cloudy and it's gonna rain this week.

Yeah, I know all that, sum1. I only meant that Luke's solo comic didn't last very long and the Power Man and Iron Fist comic lasted much longer, across the 70's and 80's until it was cancelled at the end of the 80's. Then they brought it back either in the late 90's or early 2000's. But by then the comics made them look like cartoon characters instead of the superheroes they were in the original. I also didn't like Marvel changing Luke from looking like Richard Roundtree in Shaft to Tupac Shakur with the shaved head and the gold chains. Was that their attempt at being cool and gangsta? It just seemed like a stereotype.

I just think that it's not necessary to break the two up, that's all. And there was never a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones comic as far as I know.

OMG, I just realized we don't have a three word post thread. Do you want one?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-30-2018 at 03:52 PM