Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2017, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Back on Netflix!Marvel discussion

Just learning that actor of Daredevil is British? that's all sum had been commenting on before he watched everything
Old 11-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
OMG, the actor playing Daredevil is also British? Man, are the British that jealous that they never came up with their own superheroes? Is that why Chris Claremont, Alan Moore, and so many others came over here to be comic book writers?
Chris Claremont didn't go over there to be a comic book writer. He went over there at the age of 3.

Quote:
So how many episodes of The Punisher did you watch, sum1?
All.
Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Back on Netflix!Marvel discussion

Just learning that actor of Daredevil is British? that's all sum had been commenting on before he watched everything
And the inappropriate blandness of the actor. And he comes off way too soft to be Daredevil.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, Chris Claremont came here when he was just 3? I had no idea. I thought he was like Grant Morrison and Alan Moore and came over here later.

And no, I didn't know that the actor playing Daredevil was English, Sarah. It seems to be a pattern these days.

Hi, sum1! Hi, Sarah! Forgive me if my posting is slow. I got home late because of the Thanksgiving mess, and I'm totally exhausted. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow and Friday, and by then all this Black Friday nonsense will be over.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I never knew he was British either
Old 11-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Which one, Chris Claremont or Charlie Cox?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Charlie
Old 11-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and to all my friends from outside the USA!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!!

Old 11-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

the famed turkey
Old 11-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

The turkey on the left seems to be getting ready to eat turkey. Or maybe turkeys eat people on Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to the relevant people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Charlie
Jeez, he's pretty damn English (despite having a little Irish and a good bit of Scottish in him). He's the sort of guy I'd pick out as being English the moment he appeared onscreen. He's also related to a bunch of baronets and earls. Not exactly Hell's Kitchen Irish.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
The turkey on the left seems to be getting ready to eat turkey. Or maybe turkeys eat people on Thanksgiving.
That would make a great horror movie, sum1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Happy Thanksgiving to the relevant people.
Jeez, he's pretty damn English (despite having a little Irish and a good bit of Scottish in him). He's the sort of guy I'd pick out as being English the moment he appeared onscreen. He's also related to a bunch of baronets and earls. Not exactly Hell's Kitchen Irish.
Thank you, sum1. Sorry if I'm not here a lot today. US holiday today, so I'm stuffed on turkey and watching NFL football.

And Ireland has a Hell's Kitchen? Or are you referring to New York City?
Old 11-23-2017, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

You mean to say that you're unaware that Hell's Kitchen (yes, in New York) traditionally has a major Irish-American population and that Daredevil is supposed to be from that section of the population?

Last edited by sum1; 11-23-2017 at 06:21 PM
Old 11-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I'm well aware of Hell's Kitchen in New York, and I'm also well aware of the heavy Irish population all over New York City. Steve Rogers is Irish as well. I think Frank Miller was the one who placed a heavy emphasis on Hell's Kitchen in the Daredevil comics. Before, Matt seemed to be all over the city. He, Spider-Man, Moon Knight, The Punisher, and Power Man & Iron Fist seemed to have established their own individual territories. NYC is crawling with vigilantes. And then you have the Avengers and Fantastic Four relaxing in their posh headquarters in Four Freedoms Plaza and Avengers Mansion in the Upper East Side next to Central Park. I was just curious if there was one in Ireland, that's all. So many of our cities are named after European cities, like New York itself.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Actually, New York was named after the Duke of York, not the place by that name. He later became James II of England and fought the first Jacobite War against William of Orange, the Dutch usurper who took over the English throne. William of Orange won and the Irish paid dearly.

New York was named New York by James's brother, Charles II of England, known as the Merry Monarch, ancestor of Kit Harington, who bears more than a passing resemblance to him.

Yes, I know Steve Rogers is Irish-American. And if I didn't originally I'd have known it after the last time you told me.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks! But I actually did know all that other stuff about James II and Charles II, and William III and Mary II from what I read on Wikipedia after watching The White Queen, The White Princess, and Outlander. I checked all the way back to William I(The Conqueror) and then forward to the current Elizabeth II. Pretty interesting and entertaining history about the royal family. I'm sorry the Irish had to suffer so much as a result, though.

Sorry for repeating Steve Rogers' origins so many times.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's good to be aware of history.