Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Really the tour stuff wasn't from comics? that's as far as I'll agree with your statement there - your last comment, "meh"

Otherwise you feel it was the best adaption that we could have gotten from taking from comics to film?
No, the stuff from the tour was just some silliness that the movie engaged in so they could recreate the scene from the cover of the first Captain America issue in 1940 where he punches out Adolf Hitler, only in the comics he actually punched out Hitler whereas in the movie it was just an actor playing Hitler, which was totally unnecessary and illogical. Even if the Super Soldier serum was destroyed and Dr. Erksine dead, the US Army still had a super-weapon in Steve Rogers and wouldn't just waste him like that. In the comics they trained him and sent him into the field right away. And no, I think it could've been done much better. The Winter Soldier was much better and I wish the first film had been more like that. Super-Soldier was the prelude to the Weapon-X program in the X-Men comics, so it should've taken it more seriously. Steve Rogers' designation is Weapon I, just as Logan is Weapon X.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea the tour stuff was Agreed

TWS Best movie of Marvel thus far IMO
Old 09-29-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, TWS was so good I was amazed. But Iron Man 2 and 3 were an embarrassment. So was Age of Ultron.

I just think that Marvel is overdoing it and shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I still do like Iron Man 2

Bright and early Saturday morning laundry
Old 09-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)

TWS Best movie of Marvel thus far IMO
I couldn't disagree more. Heavy-handed, moronic, irresponsible politics, the Winter Soldier himself looking like a little lost puppy dog, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yep, TWS was so good I was amazed. But Iron Man 2 and 3 were an embarrassment. So was Age of Ultron.
Iron Man 1 was crap. Iron 3 was crap. Iron Man 2 had some good points, as did Age of Ultron, which was enoyable. Remember, I don't give a rat's ass whether Hank Pym is included in Ultron's story or not.

Quote:
I just think that Marvel is overdoing it and shooting themselves in the foot.
I don't think they are.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 09-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I find it hard to care about anything else to do with TWS other than how good Sebastian Stan looks. Nothing else maters
Old 09-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sebastian looks remarkable in the Cap movies also loved him as Mad Hatter
Old 09-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I know, sum1. You and I are not gonna agree on this. For the record, it's not just the absence of Hank and Janet that I find wrong about Age of Ultron, it's also Hawkeye having a heretofore unknown pregnant wife and children living in a farm in the middle of nowhere, Bruce Banner and Widow getting involved, a wasted Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, an overly simplistic and rushed story arc for Vision, and Tony Stark's illogical and foolish motivations for creating Ultron. It just seemed sloppily thrown together by Joss Whedon mostly out of his trying to follow Marvel's "anyone but Hank Pym" mandate in their attempt to accommodate Edgar Wright. Compromising an entire cinematic universe for that guy is gonna be remembered as one of their big mistakes in my opinion. As for Iron Man 2, I just really didn't like Whiplash and I think they mistreated his character, although not nearly as badly as Iron Man 3 did with The Mandarin. Jon Favreau himself apologized for Iron Man 2, claiming it was rushed into production and he subsequently quit directing MCU movies, just as Whedon did after Age of Ultron. And I know sum1's gonna disagree with me, so I'll stop here.

So did anyone see Stephen King's IT? Anyone ever read the book or see the 1990 TV miniseries? Anyone wondering if Maturin, the World Turtle, will make an appearance in the second chapter in 2019?

And I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time right now, sum1.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Morning slept about 5 hours again but my own fault why was up pass 2am - soberly not drinking but was still up
Old 10-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yes, I know, sum1. You and I are not gonna agree on this. For the record, it's not just the absence of Hank and Janet that I find wrong about Age of Ultron, it's also Hawkeye having a heretofore unknown pregnant wife and children living in a farm in the middle of nowhere, Bruce Banner and Widow getting involved, a wasted Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, an overly simplistic and rushed story arc for Vision, and Tony Stark's illogical and foolish motivations for creating Ultron. It just seemed sloppily thrown together by Joss Whedon mostly out of his trying to follow Marvel's "anyone but Hank Pym" mandate in their attempt to accommodate Edgar Wright. Compromising an entire cinematic universe for that guy is gonna be remembered as one of their big mistakes in my opinion. As for Iron Man 2, I just really didn't like Whiplash and I think they mistreated his character, although not nearly as badly as Iron Man 3 did with The Mandarin. Jon Favreau himself apologized for Iron Man 2, claiming it was rushed into production and he subsequently quit directing MCU movies, just as Whedon did after Age of Ultron. And I know sum1's gonna disagree with me, so I'll stop here.

So did anyone see Stephen King's IT? Anyone ever read the book or see the 1990 TV miniseries? Anyone wondering if Maturin, the World Turtle, will make an appearance in the second chapter in 2019?

And I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time right now, sum1.
Thanks for the sympathy. How are you doing?

The Iron Man films that needed apologizing for were 1 and 3. They were crap. 2 had Scarlett's Black Widow, Don Cheadle's first time as War Machine and Mickey Rourke being effectively psycho. It was much better than the others. It also has plenty Samuel L Jackson. The weak point was Sam Rockwell insulting the character of Justin Hammer, but 1 and 3 had worse (Mandarin, anyone?)

I enjoyed Age of Ultron a lot more than I did Avengers 1. Was it perfect? No, but I think people give it too little praise and the first film too much.

If Whedon leaves the MCU I'll be happy. I hope he doesn't stick around the DCEU too long either.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sarah! I'm glad you got a bit more sleep than usual. But you still need more. And I'm glad you were sober.

I'm sorry for not being here earlier, but I was watching my team win this afternoon. The Philadelphia Eagles beat the Los Angeles Chargers 26-24 in that evil American NFL Football that sum1 despises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Thanks for the sympathy. How are you doing?

If Whedon leaves the MCU I'll be happy. I hope he doesn't stick around the DCEU too long either.
Whedon already left the MCU, sum1. He said making Age of Ultron "broke him" and was tired of Kevin Feige's interference. He's with DC/WB making Justice League and Batgirl now. And I do agree with you about Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer. I would've preferred Iron Man 2 have been more like(or exactly like) Armor War. The top three Iron Man stories have always been Armor War, Extremis, and Ten Rings To Rule The World, and Iron Man 3 managed to fk up both of those last two.

I'm doing okay. Got through the weekend, so the tough part is over. Working weekends is the worst. And only four more weeks until my Halloween week vacation.

I hope you're feeling a little better today, sum1. Whatever it was that you were going through, I hope you're okay.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well here's something I respect about NFL football: All those players kneeling during the US anthem to stick it to Trump and protest mistreatment of black people by law enforcement in the US. And it's spread to basketball, baseball and music. From basketball, LeBron James called Trump "you bum" and told him that going to the White House used to to be a great honour "until you showed up." I cheered when I read that.

I'm glad Whedon's gone from the MCU. Marvel must have been glad to see the back of him. The guy's a pain. I remember when he got all that acclaim for the first Avengers film, I knew it couldn't last. The guy has a habit of pissing on his fans and his characters. As a Buffy fan, I've suffered a lot of crap from that guy over the years. The guy puts himself forward as a feminist, but he pissed off a lot of his most feminist fans with his horrible "Buffy Season 8" comics.

I'm worried what Whedon will do to the DCEU. I prefer Snyder any day.

Iron Man 3 did horrible things. Me and Tar have long agreed that it's one incredibly awful movie. I torture Anakin by making him watch it in a loop.

Thanks for the sympathy. I'm still going through a rough patch, but I'm managing at present.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, both the MCU and DCEU have left me disillusioned, but at least the Fox X-Universe seems to be on the right track lately.

Yeah, I heard about LeBron. Let's just hope there are police reforms that take place. And it's not just African Americans. That Justine Damond case in Minneapolis, Minnesota involving that Australian woman who got shot by cops also got a lot of attention, and this was just a year after the Philando Castile shooting in that same city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Thanks for the sympathy. I'm still going through a rough patch, but I'm managing at present.
Well if you ever need to talk, just let me know. You can PM me anytime.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I heard about the Justine Damond case. American police are way too into deadly force and Trump's Attorney General Sessions has been rolling back all the reforms designed to control police behvior. Sessions is a guy who once joked favorably about the KKK, so you can guess what he wants.

They acquitted the bastard that did the Philando Castile shooting. Wtf? The police officer who shot 50 year old Walter Scott 8 times in the back got off lightly too. It seems getting a police officer properly punished for murdering a civilian in the US is about as hard as getting a proper sentence for Oscar Pistorius.

Thanks.

Last edited by sum1; 10-01-2017 at 06:49 PM