I did
Battlestar Galactica ღ 24 ღ Longmire ღ The Flash
Old 07-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Must be Tar's influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
How is a shaven head more modern, sum1?
You mean you haven't noticed how shaven heads have come into fashion in recent decades? Compare the number of shaven heads around nowadays with the frequency of them in the '70s when Luke Cage was invented.

Quote:
And I think that would be a pretty weak reason to stop calling Luke Cage "Power Man."
That's hardly my point. I'm not arguing in favour of them dropping them name Power Man, I'm merely suggesting a possible motivation for why they did that. It being a weak reason doesn't change the fact that it might be the reason behind the change. People do things for weak reasons all the time. Particularly comic book companies.

Last edited by sum1; 07-12-2017 at 06:13 PM
Old 07-13-2017, 02:24 AM
light darkness balance

Yea well thankfully wasn't too bad of a hangover - enough of one that it sucked
Old 07-13-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just go easy on the alcohol, Sarah. If it helps you sleep, then fine, but you don't need the hangovers. I suggest Vodka with juice or Scotch and Coke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
You mean you haven't noticed how shaven heads have come into fashion in recent decades? Compare the number of shaven heads around nowadays with the frequency of them in the '70s when Luke Cage was invented.

That's hardly my point. I'm not arguing in favour of them dropping them name Power Man, I'm merely suggesting a possible motivation for why they did that. It being a weak reason doesn't change the fact that it might be the reason behind the change. People do things for weak reasons all the time. Particularly comic book companies.
Yes, I've noticed, but it's hardly mandatory. Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Terrence Howard, and plenty of other black male actors don't shave their heads, so I don't see the reason why Luke would want to. Typically the guys who do that are already losing their hair anyway. And when Luke was invented, afros were all the rage, but he didn't wear one of those either.

Oh, I know that's what you meant, sum1. And I'm suggesting that you might very well be right, but it's still a stupid thing for Marvel to do. DC has Power Girl, and no one minds that. And they object to calling Luke Power Man, but still go with a shaved head thug look? Kind of redundant.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Quote:
Yes, I've noticed, but it's hardly mandatory. Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Terrence Howard, and plenty of other black male actors don't shave their heads, so I don't see the reason why Luke would want to. Typically the guys who do that are already losing their hair anyway. And when Luke was invented, afros were all the rage, but he didn't wear one of those either.
It's not just black guys who shave their heads. Plenty of white guys do it too. So you get wankers like this: Cullen Bunn - Comic Book DB

Don't expect me to try to convince you that they needed to make Cage bald. They obviously felt it was cool and modern, but I was never in favour of it.

Also, Jamie Foxx is often bald.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:09 PM
light darkness balance

I'll be on tonight taking in the outside
Old 07-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
It's not just black guys who shave their heads. Plenty of white guys do it too. So you get wankers like this: Cullen Bunn - Comic Book DB

Don't expect me to try to convince you that they needed to make Cage bald. They obviously felt it was cool and modern, but I was never in favour of it.

Also, Jamie Foxx is often bald.
I don't know of many white guys who purposely bald themselves unless they're already losing their hair, sum1. Jason Statham is a good example of that. But I'm glad you're with me that it was unnecessary to do that. Comic book creators always try too hard to be cool, hip, and modern, and when they do that it becomes annoying because they seem desperate.

Foxx often trims his hair down really short, like in Collateral, but I don't remember him being totally bald.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:06 PM
light darkness balance

Little bit tired
Old 07-16-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey everyone I hope you are all having a good weekend so far
Old 07-16-2017, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Quote:
I don't know of many white guys who purposely bald themselves unless they're already losing their hair, sum1. Jason Statham is a good example of that. But I'm glad you're with me that it was unnecessary to do that. Comic book creators always try too hard to be cool, hip, and modern, and when they do that it becomes annoying because they seem desperate.

Foxx often trims his hair down really short, like in Collateral, but I don't remember him being totally bald.
I see a good share of head-shaven white guys around. I don't know if they shaved because they were going bald or what.

I've seen Foxx with a bald head. Will Smith too. And Denzel Washington.

But yes, comic book creators often seem to eager to go with the trends.

Last edited by sum1; 07-16-2017 at 12:24 PM
Old 07-16-2017, 12:04 PM
light darkness balance

Sorry to have broken your guys heart by stepping down but I feel a lot better and it really really has been in the making for a long time I just finally did it considering had been putting it off for a long time
Old 07-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Sarah, thanks for all the work that you have done on the X-Men board. I can't say I'm not disappointed, but you had to do what you feel is best. Hopefully, this board won't close, because I do love this franchise and I'd hate to see it go away. If it stays open, I just hope you get a really good replacement. Hope Alex is one of them.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:34 PM
light darkness balance

I tried been here since the beginning and the board is about to hit 3 years - kept trying and trying but it seems this decision to put the "threat" of board closure will jumpstart it into what it should be. So I've decided to just remove myself from the burden in case if it fails and goes back to how it was

So I'll probably return if the board gets a replacement and all - otherwise I'll probably check in here and talk
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top