Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you're feeling better today, Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
Hi Alex, nice to meet you. I used to mod here with Sarah, good to see its in good hands
You did? Well I hope I can do a good job. Thanks.

I don't like anything MCU and I refuse to watch until Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are put in their rightful place in the Avengers movies. The character that made The Wasp an iconic female Marvel superhero over the last 50 years in the Avengers comics is the one that deserves to be in the MCU, and that character is Janet Van Dyne. If Janet is forgotten and the Wasp that movie audiences remember 50 years from now is Hope, a character who doesn't exist in Marvel comics, that will suck syphilitic donkey dong.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Daredevil series
Yeah well you don't know about the source material, so you've nothing to compare it to.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Yeah well you don't know about the source material, so you've nothing to compare it to.

Now, now, sum1, not everyone's a comic expert like we are. We sometimes have to accommodate the TV/movie fans, as much as it may pain us to do so.

The 1970's Daredevil comics were my favorite. Frank Miller's run in the 80's was a bit much.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Daredevil series
I love Daredevil, but not the rest. Danny is cute, it's just that his storylines (and sidekick) puts me to sleep
Old 08-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I love Daredevil, but not the rest. Danny is cute, it's just that his storylines (and sidekick) puts me to sleep
Danny has a sidekick? Danny's not supposed to have a sidekick, he and Luke are supposed to be partners. Jeez, what does Marvel have against Power Man & Iron Fist? That's one of their classic titles! And instead they do this Netflix Defenders bull? I would've preferred a Power Man & Iron Fist movie, or at the very least a TV series.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wait till you see the eejit they cast as Daniel Rand.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

What the hell is an eejit? You keep using that word a lot.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

"Eejit" is the phonetic spelling of a mispronunciation of the word "idiot" normally used in the vernacular of southern and western states. But why sum1 uses it I have no idea. He's from Ireland.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Thanks. So it's basically an Irish term for idiot.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
Correct.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
Could be. There were a lot of Scotch-Irish settlers in the American south and southwest. Irish Celtic music is where we got southern bluegrass and country music, which eventually became rockabilly and rock and roll(when fused with southern blues).
Old 08-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

ok...I finally replied to you in my retirement thread...

one thing I forgot to say though...this is a retirement from message boards in general.... I've been doing this for a long, long while...so it's not like I'm going to a different site or anything like that ....
Old 08-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Could be. There were a lot of Scotch-Irish settlers in the American south and southwest. Irish Celtic music is where we got southern bluegrass and country music, which eventually became rockabilly and rock and roll(when fused with southern blues).
The Irish use of "eejit" is derived from Irish English (Hiberno-Engish). I don't know if the US use of the word is connected or not, but the Irish version is Irish, end of story.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I figured, sum1. And as I said, there are a lot of Irish in the USA, more than there are in Ireland at the last census, and a lot of their vernacular got carried over to our colloquialisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
ok...I finally replied to you in my retirement thread...

one thing I forgot to say though...this is a retirement from message boards in general.... I've been doing this for a long, long while...so it's not like I'm going to a different site or anything like that ....
Thanks, Dave. And yeah, I know. But at least you'll be checking your PM inbox so we can keep in touch. But we're all gonna miss you.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Now, now, sum1, not everyone's a comic expert like we are. We sometimes have to accommodate the TV/movie fans, as much as it may pain us to do so.
You both and tolerate me even with my lack|non-existence with source material