Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Deadpool 3 is also in development, and I believe we'll get a solo movie for X-23 as well, although that hasn't been announced yet.

I actually like Tessa Thompson, but I won't disagree with you there. At least she's age appropriate to Chris Hemsworth. Although that casting doesn't bother me as much as Domino, probably because I'm not as invested in the MCU. I enjoy most of the movies though.

Last edited by LightYears; 05-29-2017 at 04:10 PM
Old 05-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, so you've topped such a thread? Thanks, Sarah! That'll help keep track of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
Deadpool 3 is also in development, and I believe we'll get a solo movie for X-23 as well, although that hasn't been announced yet.

I actually like Tessa Thompson, but I won't disagree with you there. At least she's age appropriate to Chris Hemsworth. Although that casting doesn't bother me as much as Domino, probably because I'm not as invested in the MCU. I enjoy most of the movies though.
Deadpool 3 is already being developed and the second film hasn't even come out yet? That's confident.

Age appropriateness aside, and PC aside, I just can't buy an African-American actress as a Viking goddess, let alone the one from one of the most famous Norse myths of all time that inspired Richard Wagner's epic opera, The Ring of the Nibelung. It's like casting a blonde, blue-eyed actress as Isis, goddess of the Nile.

Oh, and Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

Old 05-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

I totally did

Good thing seeing my doctor tomorrow 2 days left on my meds - so need more
Old 05-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Doctor? The therapist, you mean? How are things going, Sarah?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I completely understand, Alex. I just wish Hollywood writers would create new characters for poc actors and actresses, instead of racebending existing characters for the sake of diversity. It's just laziness on their part. The casting directors and studios need to stop the whitewashing bull too. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Doctor? The therapist, you mean? How are things going, Sarah?
Doctor hope my counselor got in contact with doctor cause "sick leave" is just available until 17th of June - where been told if I have a doctor backing on work having caused this trigger and being unhealthy to return where healthier to move on - SHOULD be able to switch to regular benefits that would last 6-7 months but at least time to figure out things
Old 05-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Laziness is right, LightYears. It's like Hollywood is the only place where you can turn in D- work and get an A+ paycheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by have a little faith (View Post)
Doctor hope my counselor got in contact with doctor cause "sick leave" is just available until 17th of June - where been told if I have a doctor backing on work having caused this trigger and being unhealthy to return where healthier to move on - SHOULD be able to switch to regular benefits that would last 6-7 months but at least time to figure out things
Oh, so you're actually seeing a medical doctor now about getting sick leave? So how long do you expect to be out?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

So timeline

Went to my Family Doctor - mid January from mental breakdown that lasted 3 days. She first thought it was just from the mandatory 6 day weeks, where 3 weeks in a row RIGHT after bankruptcy was working 6 days with 43-44 hours a week

After recovering from the 3 day meltdown of just being in my head over things that had happened at work and just last 2 years. I had a week of just miserable with no tolerance or patients before an already planned week off for my birthday

Oh also the day before my 30th birthday was when I started on the antidepressants where am on the 3rd level right now of the levels, think gonna talk to doctor about switching back down to 2nd level cause a lot of insomnia which may be from the meds

After a week off, first week back at work was better than 2 situations that happened where felt disrespected by supervisors related to lack of communication. Where on the 2nd one, my boss suggested Leave of Absence

Been on "sick leave" since February 24th where it provides 15 weeks - so June 17th it ends
Old 05-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, all that, Sarah? And I know something of breakdowns, I ended up in a psych ward.

So June 17 is when your leave ends? That's my birthday. Are you gonna get an extension?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

I can't get "sick leave" extended cause 15 weeks at a time which is why I have to get this counseling in where hopefully Counselor|Family Doctor had a chance to speak cause I probably wouldn't be able to explain things right - plus my FD knows endgame for me is that I DON'T WANT to return to my current job

So tomorrow my current extension with work ends tomorrow - so either another until the 17th or the go ahead to resign and have all good to get the switch from "sick" to "regular" benefits with the govt
Old 05-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So you can do that, Sarah? Get government benefits if you just leave work as long as you have a doctor and your counselor speak on your behalf? That would help a lot, I'm sure. I'd like for you to have as little stress as possible.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Sounds like it from somebody I spoke too of course gonna double check but it sounds to be that if I have a doctor confirm it - maybe a form or something

Oh still be stressful bankruptcy/rent etc take all my benefit money - so bankruptcy is looking end of 2017 where I can get govt EI for pretty much that time - schooling? future? so very lost
Old 05-29-2017, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, don't stress out, okay, Sarah? You've got plenty of future ahead of you, so just take care of yourself and do what you have to do to get well. If it means not going back to that job then you'll figure something out.

And I have to go to bed now, Sarah. I have work tomorrow. I'll talk to you later, Sarah! Goodnight!
Old 05-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

I'll be going to bed shortly too - slept 12 hours last night and hope its a reset. Made my FD appointment for 11am, so got time to get up for 8am and shower than get going including stop at Tim Horton's for breakfast
Old 05-30-2017, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sarah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
I completely understand, Alex. I just wish Hollywood writers would create new characters for poc actors and actresses, instead of racebending existing characters for the sake of diversity. It's just laziness on their part. The casting directors and studios need to stop the whitewashing bull too. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it.
I agree all around.