Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Still got the digging out of debt but I need to take some time and not do 6 day weeks
I totally understand, Sarah. I'm still paying off the remaining $1,200 on my student loan, and after that I have to pay off my credit card debt which is still $2,000.

Weather has been lousy lately. I'm watching Thursday Night Football right now, Bengals vs. Dolphins. It's not being broadcast on CBS for some reason, but luckily I have NFL network.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Weather is lousy here too but kinda happy weekend and just want a not go anywhere one
Old 09-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sarah! I'm so bored, and even football isn't helping.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh noes I'm watching Superman II with Tia
Old 09-29-2016, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Donner cut with all of Marlon Brando's Jor El scenes, or the original theatrical version?

Don't worry, I'm gonna feel better once my loan is paid off and I'm outta here.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nah the other version never knew of the Donner version until recently - so we are watching the version I've seen
Old 09-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you see the Donner version, Sarah. It's fascinating, and gives you an idea of how Superman II might've been if Richard Donner hadn't been fired by the Salkinds just because he refused to cut out Marlon Brando's scenes after the Salkinds decided they didn't wanna pay him.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably watch it even if Tia tells me it's different
Old 09-29-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not everything is different. Remember, Donner shot 70% of Superman II before he was fired, and many of the scenes he shot couldn't be re-shot, so they stayed in. Donner did the scenes on the moon, the scenes at the diner where Clark got into a fight with the truck driver, the battle scene at the White House, and all of the scenes with Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor(the prison, the Daily Planet, the White House, most of the Fortress of Solitude) because he refused to come back and reshoot anything. The stuff that replacement director Richard Lester shot were the Niagara Falls hotel scenes, the Daily Planet scenes at the beginning and the end(including that stupid magic kiss that made Lois forget everything), and the Eiffel Tower scenes. Originally the Kryptonian villains were not freed from the Phantom Zone by that elevator with an atomic bomb that Superman threw into space. It was actually the nuclear missile that Luthor launched at the East Coast that Superman threw into space in the first movie that freed Zod and the others. That's what linked the two movies together. That scene, along with all of Marlon Brando's scenes as Jor El, are back in the Donner cut.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh that's cool that most of it is Donner's version I liked the stuff in Niagara though
Old 09-29-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Oh that's cool that most of it is Donner's version I liked the stuff in Niagara though
Well, not most of it. Much of what Donner shot was removed or else Richard Lester wouldn't have been able to get a directing credit. Lester shot new scenes and re-shot a lot of other scenes so that he could get credit for more than 51% of the film, which means a lot of Donner's stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, and are now in the Donner cut.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nighty Night
Old 09-30-2016, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I totally understand, Sarah. I'm still paying off the remaining $1,200 on my student loan, and after that I have to pay off my credit card debt which is still $2,000.

Weather has been lousy lately. I'm watching Thursday Night Football right now, Bengals vs. Dolphins. It's not being broadcast on CBS for some reason, but luckily I have NFL network.
hope you enjoyed the game Alex

Enjoy your rewatches Sarah
Old 09-30-2016, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, I missed saying goodnight to you, Sarah? I hope you had a good night's sleep.

Actually, it wasn't a good game at all, Dave. The Bengals dominated the Dolphins, and it was a pretty boring game all around. Even sportscasters think that Thursday Night Football should be cancelled because it's a stupid idea. It only gives the players three days to rest and the games are typically lousy because of poor performances by the teams. NFL Football should only be on Sundays and Monday nights.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

Would you guys like it if I use spoiler tags for long posts? I'll only use them if the posts are long, so they won't slow up the pages and most of them are anyway.