Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think they're gonna wait that long, Sarah. Hugh's next X-Men film is supposed to be his last one, so it's gonna have to happen soon. They're not gonna go without a Wolverine for 5 -10 years.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just would want it not to be Logan than was there other "Wolverine's" or just one regarding comics?
Old 09-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
I just would want it not to be Logan than was there other "Wolverine's" or just one regarding comics?
Why, yes. X-23, also known as Laura Kinney, who is now the new Wolverine in the comics. She's also part of the Weapon X program. She got a little romantically involved with the younger, time-displaced Cyclops from the past who is now in the present along with the young Jean Grey, so that's a little Freudian there, don't you think?
Old 09-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

More than a little Freudian
Old 11-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Still think David from Legion is Xavier’s son
Old 11-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe not, if Legion is like Gifted and not connected to the movies. In the comics, Legion's mother is Israeli, so they should have cast a Jewish actor in the role.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Forgot about this one myself
Old 08-21-2022, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too. And at this point, who knows what will happen to the X-Men? I hate to say it, but it felt like things were easier when Fox had the rights.

I've often told sum1 that Fox was stupid to not buy the rights to all of Marvel's titles back in 1998 when Marvel Comics was coming out of bankruptcy and willing to sell the film rights to all of their titles for a mere $25 million. Fox only took X-Men and Fantastic Four when they should've bought everything, including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers, etc.

Sony bought the rights to Spider-Man for only $7 million. Marvel offered them all of their titles for $25 million and the Sony execs told their reps that, "No one gives a damn about any Marvel characters other than Spider-Man. Just get Spider-Man." Talk about short-sighted.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Me too. And at this point, who knows what will happen to the X-Men? I hate to say it, but it felt like things were easier when Fox had the rights.

I've often told sum1 that Fox was stupid to not buy the rights to all of Marvel's titles back in 1998 when Marvel Comics was coming out of bankruptcy and willing to sell the film rights to all of their titles for a mere $25 million. Fox only took X-Men and Fantastic Four when they should've bought everything, including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers, etc.

Sony bought the rights to Spider-Man for only $7 million. Marvel offered them all of their titles for $25 million and the Sony execs told their reps that, "No one gives a damn about any Marvel characters other than Spider-Man. Just get Spider-Man." Talk about short-sighted.
It would of been interesting to see what Sony would of done with all the characters.

Tbh Spiderman is one of the more popular characters but I think Sony needs to flesh out thier storyline. But yeah I want an x men movie but I would be so sad to see them cast other actors as these characters
Old 09-09-2022, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
It would of been interesting to see what Sony would of done with all the characters.

Tbh Spiderman is one of the more popular characters but I think Sony needs to flesh out thier storyline. But yeah I want an x men movie but I would be so sad to see them cast other actors as these characters
Well, I actually wish that Fox had bought all of Marvel's titles, not Sony. Fox was originally going to do a Spider-Man movie with director James Cameron in the early 1990s, but a legal battle over the film rights and Marvel going into bankruptcy ended up killing James Cameron's Spider-Man project, and he moved on to Titanic instead. But I think it would've been better if Fox bought Marvel's titles, since they already had the television rights in the 1990s with all of the Marvel animated features.

Well, Sony can't really do much because you can't build an entire cinematic universe having the rights to only one character. Aside from Black Cat, almost every other character in Spider-Man's storyline is a villain.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Well, I actually wish that Fox had bought all of Marvel's titles, not Sony. Fox was originally going to do a Spider-Man movie with director James Cameron in the early 1990s, but a legal battle over the film rights and Marvel going into bankruptcy ended up killing James Cameron's Spider-Man project, and he moved on to Titanic instead. But I think it would've been better if Fox bought Marvel's titles, since they already had the television rights in the 1990s with all of the Marvel animated features.

Well, Sony can't really do much because you can't build an entire cinematic universe having the rights to only one character. Aside from Black Cat, almost every other character in Spider-Man's storyline is a villain.
Oh really James that would of been a different route lol ...

Yeah all spiderman characters are mostly villains.. but hey Black cat is a mix righr she isn't 100% good
Old 09-13-2022, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Oh really James that would of been a different route lol ...

Yeah all spiderman characters are mostly villains.. but hey Black cat is a mix righr she isn't 100% good
Well, I think Cameron would've done it a bit more seriously, although with a bit of comedy as well, like True Lies.

Black Cat is mostly a heroic character. She started off as a cat burglar, but since she fell in love with Peter, Felicia has been a superhero, an antihero, and a mercenary. Kind of like Catwoman.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Seems Cameron was also going to do a X-Men movie.

As for the deal even though it seems to be a long wait for the next X-Men movie we wouldn't be getting what we're getting now with the X-Men if Disney hadn't bought Fox.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cameron was also going to do an X-Men movie too? I haven't heard that before.

Well, if Fox had bought Marvel back in the 1990s, then they would've done the MCU instead of Disney, dragonfire. Remember, the first Iron Man movie that started the MCU was done by Paramount, before Disney bought Marvel.
Old 09-16-2022, 07:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Well, I think Cameron would've done it a bit more seriously, although with a bit of comedy as well, like True Lies.

Black Cat is mostly a heroic character. She started off as a cat burglar, but since she fell in love with Peter, Felicia has been a superhero, an antihero, and a mercenary. Kind of like Catwoman.
Lol yep like cwtwoman I'm going by her character in the spiderman games lol