Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was a nice thing, Tia, but we ended up finding something else to rant about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Over here in Ireland, where we like swearing, there's still a blasphemy law on the books, though nobody uses it.
OMG, I was waiting for you to admit that.

I actually agree with sum1 here, Dave. Some movies have profanity because it fits the context of the story. Logan was based on the Old Man Logan graphic novel, and that wasn't a kids story. I think Logan and Deadpool were both movies where the profanity fit in with the context of the movie. X-Men: Apocalypse didn't necessarily need it, so it was PG-13. But I've liked movies such as Aliens and Die Hard which were R rated films that had profanity but were still huge summer blockbusters. It all depends on the movie and the story being told. And I also agree with sum1 that political correctness has gotten way out of control. I wouldn't go so far as to say that free speech doesn't exist - you can speak freely, but you can also get into trouble for it, which is a problem - but I do think that PC and people being overly sensitive has killed creativity and storytelling.

Quote:
Last I heard they brought Heroes back and screwed it up.

My favorite character in Heroes was the guy with the horn rimmed glasses/Noah Bennett. He was sort of Cable.
Yeah, they did, sum1. That was a shame because I had hopes for the show's return. I also liked Noah Bennet. Peter, Claire, Hiro, and Ando were my other favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
A shipper yeah, but not the main ship. Sylar with Peter, Sylar with Claire, Sylar with Elle or Noah or Luke. Basically Sylar with everyone apart from Mohinder

Noah Bennet (they had it with one t for some reason ) was one of my other favourites, sum. He featured in a few of my fics.
Hi, Rita! So by the "main ship" you mean Peter and Claire? Wow, you didn't ship Paire? You're one of the few Heroes fans I've met who didn't ship them. They were pretty much my one and only ship on that show.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm an incorrigible swearer and because I don't wanna be hypocritical, I've always let my kids swear too, from an early age
Old 08-11-2017, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)

I got your PM Sum....no worries...to each his own as far as movies are concerned....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
OMG, I was waiting for you to admit that.
The law isn't used and most people want to get rid of it.

Quote:
Hi, Rita! So by the "main ship" you mean Peter and Claire? Wow, you didn't ship Paire? You're one of the few Heroes fans I've met who didn't ship them. They were pretty much my one and only ship on that show.
Who the ships Peter and Claire? She's his bloody niece, for 's sake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I'm an incorrigible swearer and because I don't wanna be hypocritical, I've always let my kids swear too, from an early age
Good on you!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Neck hurts
Old 08-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope it gets better soon.

Trump is playing chicken with North Korea's mad leader over nuclear war. It's like "Tune in for the next episode to find out if the world ends!"
Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope your neck feels better, Sarah.

Quote:
The law isn't used and most people want to get rid of it.

Who the ships Peter and Claire? She's his bloody niece, for 's sake!Good on you!
I wasn't talking about the law, sum1, I was talking about you admitting that the Irish like swearing a lot.

Thanks, sum1. OMG, are you kidding? Sure, Peter and Claire later turned out to be uncle/niece, but that wasn't revealed until the second half of season 1. When Peter and Claire first met in the Homecoming episode where Peter "saved the cheerleader," they set off all kinds of sparks when they bumped into each other in the hallway and they had that long exchange where they were gazing at each other. And then the Fallout episode where Claire went to visit Peter in jail only took it further. By the time the show went on hiatus for the Christmas break, Paire was the most popular ship on the show. It wasn't until that "Distractions" episode where it was revealed that Nathan was Claire's biological father, making Peter her uncle, and that was a tremendous f up on the part of the writers. If you're gonna make them related, you cannot have them meet like that. And if you're gonna have them meet like that, then you can't make them related. Peter and Claire's meeting exploited every single romantic boy-meets-girl trope you can think of.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I wasn't talking about the law, sum1, I was talking about you admitting that the Irish like swearing a lot.
"Admitting"? I'm proud of the fact!

Quote:
Thanks, sum1. OMG, are you kidding? Sure, Peter and Claire later turned out to be uncle/niece, but that wasn't revealed until the second half of season 1. When Peter and Claire first met in the Homecoming episode where Peter "saved the cheerleader," they set off all kinds of sparks when they bumped into each other in the hallway and they had that long exchange where they were gazing at each other. And then the Fallout episode where Claire went to visit Peter in jail only took it further. By the time the show went on hiatus for the Christmas break, Paire was the most popular ship on the show. It wasn't until that "Distractions" episode where it was revealed that Nathan was Claire's biological father, making Peter her uncle, and that was a tremendous f up on the part of the writers. If you're gonna make them related, you cannot have them meet like that. And if you're gonna have them meet like that, then you can't make them related. Peter and Claire's meeting exploited every single romantic boy-meets-girl trope you can think of.
I never shipped them.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

The reason for me not shipping Paire must have had to do with the fact that I've watched Season 2 before I've seen Season 1. The kind of thing is not unusual from me
Old 08-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh wow, you saw season 2 of Heroes first, Rita? No wonder. That must've really ruined things for you.

Quote:
"Admitting"? I'm proud of the fact!

I never shipped them.
I'm glad you are, sum1. I wouldn't want my illusion of the Irish to be ruined.

Well, not everyone did, sum1. And it did get ruined with that "relation" crap they pulled later in the first season.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just as long as you don't think we're leprechauns.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, I don't think that. Just that you guys drink beer, swear a lot, and get into fights.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hate beer.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, two out of three. But other people in Ireland enjoy a good spirit from what I've heard.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good spirit? Like Casper the Friendly Ghost?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Life hate where am living - rather live in an a commercial owner apartment building