Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2021, 03:34 PM
  #61
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 266,289
I think Moira is being overrated, dragonfire. Magneto's role shouldn't be diminished, and Moira has nothing to do with the Eternals or the Celestials or any of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Separate but equal?
Funny. No, more like "stay in your lane," if that's what the woke crowd is all about. They're the ones that say that all the time, so walk it like you talk it. Make your own movies, write your own stories, create your own characters and mythologies. Get representation by doing something that comes from you, not someone else.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:50 PM
  #62
Fan Forum Star

 
wickedrum's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 231,435
so you don't want to mix with people who aren't your 'kind'?
__________________
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:25 PM
  #63
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 266,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
so you don't want to mix with people who aren't your 'kind'?
No, that's not it, Rita. "Woke" people always say "stay in your lane" in regards to this nonsense about "cultural appropriation," yet no one has any issue with co-opting our stuff for the purpose of "diversity." Gods of Egypt casts Gerard Butler as Set and social media goes ape crazy, saying that it's inappropriate for a white European actor to be cast as an Egyptian god(even though Egyptian gods had animal heads), yet they have no issue with casting Tessa Thompson as a Valkyrie from Norse mythology, and any opposition to that casting is considered "racist." No, more like hypocrisy. But then the woke police on social media lose their minds again when Gal Gadot is cast as Cleopatra, insisting that an African or Egyptian actress should've been cast in the role, completely clueless to the fact that Cleopatra was Greek, not African or Egyptian. And sum1 is already pissed about the casting of Gilgamesh(or The Forgotten One) for The Eternals, who is supposed to be a Mesopotamian mythological character, but they cast a Korean actor to play him.

That's what I mean. It's ridiculous. How about instead of trying to funnel everyone into one platform, where too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth, everyone has their own platform to tell their own stories? This is what Denzel Washington said when asked about diversity in film and whether or not it begins with casting, and he replied, "It begins with writing. We have to write our own scripts, create our own characters, tell our own stories."
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-13-2021 at 04:35 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:51 AM
  #64
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I think Moira is being overrated, dragonfire. Magneto's role shouldn't be diminished, and Moira has nothing to do with the Eternals or the Celestials or any of that.
I see. I know but the Eternals part well seems it's rumored
Spoiler:
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:03 PM
  #65
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 266,289
The Celestials created the X-gene, dragonfire. Not the Eternals.

I can only hope Scott and Jean get a good treatment in the MCU.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:45 PM
  #66
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
The Celestials created the X-gene, dragonfire. Not the Eternals.

I can only hope Scott and Jean get a good treatment in the MCU.
I know but it's rumored
Spoiler:


Same. All we can do is hope.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:30 PM
  #67
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 115,343
Alex, only rightwing people repeatedly use "woke" as a derogatory term the way you do.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Richard O'Halloran. Convict Derek Chauvin.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:24 PM
  #68
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 266,289
That really doesn't make much sense, dragonfire. I don't know what Feige is trying to pull. The entire point is that the Celestials are the "space gods" and they're the ones who created superhumans in the first place, and those genes got passed down through the generations until they finally began emerging in ordinary humans. Eternals were the creation of the Celestials, and they left Earth for Titan a loooooooong time before mutants showed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Alex, only rightwing people repeatedly use "woke" as a derogatory term the way you do.

Uh, no, sum1. Comedian Bill Maher isn't right wing, he's a liberal Democrat, and he uses woke as a derogatory term a lot. The woke deserved to have that name used as a derogatory term on them because they're an insult to intellect and a threat to freedom of speech and thought.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:38 PM
  #69
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That really doesn't make much sense, dragonfire. I don't know what Feige is trying to pull. The entire point is that the Celestials are the "space gods" and they're the ones who created superhumans in the first place, and those genes got passed down through the generations until they finally began emerging in ordinary humans. Eternals were the creation of the Celestials, and they left Earth for Titan a loooooooong time before mutants showed up.
Well, it isn't confirmed just rumored but it sounds like something they would do in the MCU.

To be honest I'm just gonna accept that the MCU X-Men will be crap. I mean it's better than to hope, and only get disappointment.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:40 PM
  #70
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 266,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well, it isn't confirmed just rumored but it sounds like something they would do in the MCU.

To be honest I'm just gonna accept that the MCU X-Men will be crap. I mean it's better than to hope, and only get disappointment.

That's a good philosophy to have.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:52 PM
  #71
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's a good philosophy to have.
Thanks. It came with experience.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:14 AM
  #72
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 115,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Uh, no, sum1. Comedian Bill Maher isn't right wing, he's a liberal Democrat, and he uses woke as a derogatory term a lot. The woke deserved to have that name used as a derogatory term on them because they're an insult to intellect and a threat to freedom of speech and thought.
Bill Maher is rightwing. Democrat or no.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Richard O'Halloran. Convict Derek Chauvin.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:10 PM
  #73
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,101
Well, new rumor is that The Mutants movie is rumored for 2025. Seems like a believable release date.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:39 PM
  #74
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 266,289
Looks like we've had the same experience, dragonfire.

OMG, will anyone still care by 2025?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Bill Maher is rightwing. Democrat or no.

Seriously? If we're at the point where Bill Maher now seems right wing to you, then the world is seriously
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:52 PM
  #75
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Looks like we've had the same experience, dragonfire.

OMG, will anyone still care by 2025?
Yep.

Maybe The Mutants movie will be use to reboot the MCU. 2025 seems like a possible year for the MCU to be rebooted anyway.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST