Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2020, 04:41 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261,131
X-Men News, Media & Websites #6: Because we can only hope that the MCU won't ruin the X-Men, but we're got getting our hopes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Certainly the idea of removing it is wrong.
I agree, sum1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Ok.

I meant that as a joke.

I see.

You did? I see. Ok.

Ok.

The image of him I posted under spoiler tags it looks like he does. I wonder if MCU Magneto will have red eyes? Also, the red eyes kinda remind me of MCU Wanda when her eyes turn red.

Oh, reading more new info on Hydra, the Gems, etc, etc I kinda get the feeling they'll probably go the route of Hydra did test the Space Gem on Magneto, and it awoke his X-gene or something like that.

I mean unless I read it wrong it seems the Stones unleashes radiation, Hydra possibly did test experiments with the Space Gem, apparently, Red Skull knew about the Mind Gem, Strucker knew about it from Red Skull, and then of course we know the Twins was chosen as test subjects because they had the appropriate genetic markers for the Mind Gem test experiment.

Anyway sorry for rambling I just like the idea, of it not only because it would tie Magneto's backstory to the Twins backstory, but also because it would keep Magneto's Holocaust Survivor backstory, and I don't know about anyone else but I believe even the idea of removing that is wrong.
Oh, a joke? Sorry.

Yes, I did. Wanda and Pietro were born at the High Evolutionary's home in Wundagore Mountain, and he's the one that gave Wanda and Pietro to the Maximoffs, so it seemed logical to me. And when I say that the High Evolutionary was the prototype for Marvel's heroes, I don't mean he was created by Marvel first. The High Evolutionary was created in the late 1960s by Stan Lee, but his storyline as a scientist in the 1920s named Herbert Wyndham who discovers alien technology and reverse-engineers it to make himself into a super-being could be considered a prelude to many of the Avengers, like Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Steve Rogers, etc.

Oh, I see. Funny, I've read the comics for decades and I've never seen Magneto with red eyes. That may have been some funny effect or something.

No problem, dragonfire. We all ramble here. Using the gems does seem like a quick fix for the mutant problem, although some critics might think of it as a Deus Ex Machina.

I agree with keeping Magneto's holocaust backstory, but the only problem is that the further removed we get from World War II, the more difficult that storyline is to maintain. It's just like how Frank Castle's storyline as The Punisher gets more difficult the further we get from the Vietnam War, because most Vietnam vets are in their 60s and 70s by now. For Magneto to be a Holocaust survivor he'd have to be really old and they'd have to explain why he hasn't aged. The only character who doesn't need an explanation is Captain America, who was frozen in animation for decades since World War II and who doesn't age because of the Super Soldier serum.


Previous Thread: X-Men News, Media & Websites #5: Because we still like keeping up with the X-Men franchise, even if the Fox X-Men universe is ending.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now  
Old 11-01-2020, 07:54 PM
  #2
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Oh, a joke? Sorry.

Yes, I did. Wanda and Pietro were born at the High Evolutionary's home in Wundagore Mountain, and he's the one that gave Wanda and Pietro to the Maximoffs, so it seemed logical to me. And when I say that the High Evolutionary was the prototype for Marvel's heroes, I don't mean he was created by Marvel first. The High Evolutionary was created in the late 1960s by Stan Lee, but his storyline as a scientist in the 1920s named Herbert Wyndham who discovers alien technology and reverse-engineers it to make himself into a super-being could be considered a prelude to many of the Avengers, like Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Steve Rogers, etc.

Oh, I see. Funny, I've read the comics for decades and I've never seen Magneto with red eyes. That may have been some funny effect or something.

No problem, dragonfire. We all ramble here. Using the gems does seem like a quick fix for the mutant problem, although some critics might think of it as a Deus Ex Machina.

I agree with keeping Magneto's holocaust backstory, but the only problem is that the further removed we get from World War II, the more difficult that storyline is to maintain. It's just like how Frank Castle's storyline as The Punisher gets more difficult the further we get from the Vietnam War, because most Vietnam vets are in their 60s and 70s by now. For Magneto to be a Holocaust survivor he'd have to be really old and they'd have to explain why he hasn't aged. The only character who doesn't need an explanation is Captain America, who was frozen in animation for decades since World War II and who doesn't age because of the Super Soldier serum.


Previous Thread: X-Men News, Media & Websites #5: Because we still like keeping up with the X-Men franchise, even if the Fox X-Men universe is ending.
Yep. It's ok.

Ok.

I have never seen him with red eyes either until the picture under spoiler tags. Maybe.

Thanks again. True. Maybe but with the Gems unleashing radiation, the Snaps unleashing the full force of the radiation across the world, it would fit with the theme of Mutants no?

Also, it's kinda interesting that for the time jump they picked a five-year time jump that has the MCU set in 2023 the X-Men 60th anniversary.

True but I think there are ways to maintain it. Also isn't Magneto suppose to be old?

Oh, TFTNT.
dragonfire is offline  
Old 11-02-2020, 01:37 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 114,621
Magneto's supposed to look like he's in his 40s or about 50. He's been de-aged multiple times in the comics and I don't see why something like that couldn't work in the movies. So many mutants have de-aging effects in their powers. Simplifying the matter by giving Magneto a de-aging power would be easy.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Tibet. Free the Uighurs. Free Alexei Navalny. Free Richard O'Halloran
sum1 is offline  
Old 11-02-2020, 05:01 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Magneto's supposed to look like he's in his 40s or about 50. He's been de-aged multiple times in the comics and I don't see why something like that couldn't work in the movies. So many mutants have de-aging effects in their powers. Simplifying the matter by giving Magneto a de-aging power would be easy.
Wouldn't that be like a secondary mutation? That's jumping the shark a little, isn't it? Like what Marvel did with Nick Fury and Black Widow with that Infinity Serum to explain how Nick Fury hasn't aged since WWII and Black Widow hasn't aged since the Cold War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yep. It's ok.

Ok.

I have never seen him with red eyes either until the picture under spoiler tags. Maybe.

Thanks again. True. Maybe but with the Gems unleashing radiation, the Snaps unleashing the full force of the radiation across the world, it would fit with the theme of Mutants no?

Also, it's kinda interesting that for the time jump they picked a five-year time jump that has the MCU set in 2023 the X-Men 60th anniversary.

True but I think there are ways to maintain it. Also isn't Magneto suppose to be old?

Oh, TFTNT.
You're welcome, dragonfire.

That still seems like a Deus Ex Machina, dragonfire.

A time jump to 2023? Is that because of Covid?

Magneto isn't supposed to be that old, dragonfire. He has white hair, but he's not an old man.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now  
Old 11-02-2020, 08:53 PM
  #5
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)


You're welcome, dragonfire.

That still seems like a Deus Ex Machina, dragonfire.

A time jump to 2023? Is that because of Covid?

Magneto isn't supposed to be that old, dragonfire. He has white hair, but he's not an old man.
Thanks again.

Ok.

No.

Ok, but as Sum said a de-aging power would be easy, and as for it jumping the shark well, Alex this is the same universe that has a talking raccoon and a talking tree.

Oh, seems there's a new rumor about Quicksilver in WandaVision. and while it could be that he appears by Wanda's powers, I do wonder if maybe there are two appearances by him?

Something like the first appearance is a dreamworld Quicksilver to have her and the audience think he is dead, but then close to the end a surprise second appearance of him appears, it's the real Quicksilver, he says you didn't see that coming? And maybe he references his and her Mutant lineage.

I mean with Quicksilver dying by metal bullets, I don't think it's too far fetched to think Magneto could've found him, removed the metal bullets, either found a way to revive him, or Quicksilver heal himself by his own powers after Magneto removed the bullets, and Magneto revealed he's their Dad, their Mutants, etc, etc.
dragonfire is offline  
Old 11-03-2020, 09:23 AM
  #6
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 114,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Wouldn't that be like a secondary mutation? That's jumping the shark a little, isn't it? Like what Marvel did with Nick Fury and Black Widow with that Infinity Serum to explain how Nick Fury hasn't aged since WWII and Black Widow hasn't aged since the Cold War.
Marvel has done secondary mutations before and the rules of mutant powers aren't that rigidly defined. It certainly wouldn't be jumping the shark, nuking the fridge or whatever else
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Tibet. Free the Uighurs. Free Alexei Navalny. Free Richard O'Halloran
sum1 is offline  
Old 11-03-2020, 05:35 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261,131
Nuking the fridge, sum1? We have Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to thank for that one.



You're welcome, dragonfire.

Hmm, those are all good theories, although I don't know how Magneto could save Quicksilver from those bullets because once the damage has been done it doesn't matter if you remove the bullets.

Yeah, yeah, I know about the talking raccoon and the talking tree.

Ugh, I really wish Marvel didn't do these damn Disney+ shows. They're just gonna dilute the story. Trying to balance TV shows and movies in the same universe is sloppy. Oh, and if WandaVision did that, it would just be ripping off the storyline from the comics where she brought Wonder Man back to life.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now  
Old 11-03-2020, 08:33 PM
  #8
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)



You're welcome, dragonfire.

Hmm, those are all good theories, although I don't know how Magneto could save Quicksilver from those bullets because once the damage has been done it doesn't matter if you remove the bullets.

Yeah, yeah, I know about the talking raccoon and the talking tree.

Ugh, I really wish Marvel didn't do these damn Disney+ shows. They're just gonna dilute the story. Trying to balance TV shows and movies in the same universe is sloppy. Oh, and if WandaVision did that, it would just be ripping off the storyline from the comics where she brought Wonder Man back to life.
Thanks again.

It would matter if Magneto found a way to revive Quicksilver after removing the bullets, or after removing the bullets Quicksilver's Mutant speed powers returned and healed him.

Shoot maybe to explain Magneto's absence from the MCU so far, and make him different from Fox Magneto he could already be in outer space on Asteroid M for all we know, and Quicksilver could've been with him since Quicksilver supposedly died in AOU.

Also focusing more on the family stuff with Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Polaris would also make him different from Fox Magneto.

Same for the others because 'let's face it what other team has the best soap opera family drama than the X-Men?

Ok.

Sorry to hear that because I do like the idea I read about Marvel could do an X-Men First Class, Mystique&Rogue, Brotherhood, Disney+ show that is like a prequel to the first MCU X-Men movie.

Ok.
dragonfire is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 07:35 PM
  #9
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261,131
Thanks, dragonfire.

Okay, that's an interesting theory. A lot of interesting theories, but I don't think Feige is gonna go for any of that. We're just gonna have to wait and see what that idiot has planned. Do you really think that Polaris will appear too?

Uhh, the Avengers. Have you not seen that soap opera in the comics?

Well, I see what you mean, but I still think that having so many streaming shows is asking way too much of the audience, not to mention continuity. Like I said, movies and TV shows can't do what comics can do, and I just think it'll be overdone and oversaturate things.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now  
Old 11-04-2020, 10:01 PM
  #10
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks, dragonfire.

Okay, that's an interesting theory. A lot of interesting theories, but I don't think Feige is gonna go for any of that. We're just gonna have to wait and see what that idiot has planned. Do you really think that Polaris will appear too?

Uhh, the Avengers. Have you not seen that soap opera in the comics?

Well, I see what you mean, but I still think that having so many streaming shows is asking way too much of the audience, not to mention continuity. Like I said, movies and TV shows can't do what comics can do, and I just think it'll be overdone and oversaturate things.
No problem.

Thanks. Ok. Imagine if he had Magneto on Krakoa instead. I do.

Ok, but besides Pietro and Wanda as Magneto kids, do the Avengers have the family ties drama as the X-Men do?

I mean to name some examples Mystique, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Graydon Creed who with the last Creed we can already guess who Graydon's Dad is.

Professor X, Juggernaut, and Legion. Wolverine and X-23. Then to top it all off is of course the Summers/Grey family.

Ok, fair.
dragonfire is offline  
Old 11-05-2020, 11:43 AM
  #11
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 114,621
Graydon Creed's father has been identified since pretty much his first appearance. No guessing required. It goes back to 1993.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Tibet. Free the Uighurs. Free Alexei Navalny. Free Richard O'Halloran
sum1 is offline  
Old 11-05-2020, 05:00 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261,131
And who is Graydon Creed's father again, sum1?


Hi, dragonfire.

Oh, it's bad enough that we have to suffer Krakoa in the comics, we have to have it in the MCU as well?

Well, there's the Hank/Janet/Tony drama in the Avengers, as well as the Vision/Wanda/Simon drama, and the Hank/Tigra drama, and She-Hulk/Hercules drama(which I guess now includes Thor), and so many other issues I don't even wanna go through it all.

Well, while at one point I really felt that TV was better suited to tell comic book stories because serial TV drama is a format similar to comics, what I've seen from the CW and other shows has now convinced me that TV and cinema really can't replicate what comics can do, and trying to cross TV and cinema is really just too complicated because of the different continuities. Agents of SHIELD has pretty much given up trying to keep up with the MCU continuity.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now  
Old 11-05-2020, 05:59 PM
  #13
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)


Hi, dragonfire.

Oh, it's bad enough that we have to suffer Krakoa in the comics, we have to have it in the MCU as well?

Well, there's the Hank/Janet/Tony drama in the Avengers, as well as the Vision/Wanda/Simon drama, and the Hank/Tigra drama, and She-Hulk/Hercules drama(which I guess now includes Thor), and so many other issues I don't even wanna go through it all.

Well, while at one point I really felt that TV was better suited to tell comic book stories because serial TV drama is a format similar to comics, what I've seen from the CW and other shows has now convinced me that TV and cinema really can't replicate what comics can do, and trying to cross TV and cinema is really just too complicated because of the different continuities. Agents of SHIELD has pretty much given up trying to keep up with the MCU continuity.
Hey Alex.

Maybe?

Ok, but that isn't family ties drama, and do they have any drama that's like Kid Cable dating all 5 of Emma's Daughters while at the same time it seems Scott/Emma may be together as well?

Ok.
dragonfire is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 02:23 PM
  #14
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey Alex.

Maybe?

Ok, but that isn't family ties drama, and do they have any drama that's like Kid Cable dating all 5 of Emma's Daughters while at the same time it seems Scott/Emma may be together as well?

Ok.
Oh god, that gives me a headache. And I thought Cable was dating the Stepford Cuckoos?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now  
Old 11-06-2020, 03:18 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 114,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
And who is Graydon Creed's father again, sum1?
Victor Creed, aka Sabretooth. Duh.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Tibet. Free the Uighurs. Free Alexei Navalny. Free Richard O'Halloran
sum1 is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST