Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Well, if you think about it the current FOX X-Men universe has massive continuity problems and it would just be easier to recast and reboot to fit into the MCU. I doubt Kevin Feige will keep them, and he probably doesn't want to be associated with Bryan Singer, considering his legal problems.

They already said that Deadpool sequels would remain R-rated so they'll keep Ryan Reynolds and his co-stars. I don't expect T.J. Miller to be back though. Either they recast Weasel or kill him offscreen. I'd prefer the latter just so other characters can get more screentime.
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damn, that's pretty harsh on TJ Miller.

Well, they're gonna have to reboot or retcon the MCU as well, LightYears. They have to account for the lack of mutants in the MCU and then suddenly there are mutants. They'll have to account for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver not being mutants in the MCU and Quicksilver being dead, and Quicksilver being alive in the X-Men and him and Wanda being mutants and Magneto's children. There's the issue of the Fantastic Four also being in the MCU and most of the original MCU actors leaving their roles after Avengers 4. So I'd imagine that some heavy reworking is gonna happen, especially since I've heard they're introducing the multiverse into the MCU, which would probably account for the alterations, which I'm hoping will also include two characters in particular.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

I don't know that they're necessarily going to change Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's background from what it is in the MCU now. And I doubt they're going to reboot or retcon the MCU that much. They're probably just going to shove in the mutants and Fantastic Four ham-handedely and not worrry too much about the logic. And the original MCU actors leaving the roles won't require a reboot or retcon. They'll just focus on different characters and ditch the original ones.

John McCain, 1936-2018, RIP, opponent of Trump, saved Obamacare
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well let's just wait and see, sum1. But I highly doubt that Robert Downy Jr. will be the last actor to play Tony Stark, etc. They can't just focus on other characters because the main Avengers are the core of the story. And eventually those actors playing the other characters will leave, and then what are they gonna do? Tom Holland won't be Spider-Man forever, and there's been three others before him, so I'm fairly certain that the MCU won't stay with one continuity, especially after the X-Men and Fantastic Four join up.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

They've made it pretty clear they're going to ditch characters and focus on others. Recasting characters is a long ways down the road. And the core Avengers haven't always been the core of the story (they often weren't at certain times in Avengers history) and it's pretty clear that in the MCU they soon won't be. The X-Men and the Fantastic Four joining up is good long time from now and even then it'll probably be a good deal longer again before the recast anybody significant. They're taking over a decade to get through using the first cast of characters. It's good bet that Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman etc, will be around a decade too before they decide to start over again.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:20 AM
Mutants Unite

well aint they doing the new stage in the MCU world aka the new avengers so the old one will leave for sure but there are many different versions of the avengers that they can do .
was the xmen or fantastic four people ever apart of the avengers?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

In the comics they were all part of one universe.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

And what I heard from Kevin Feige is that roles will be recast. He said that because these characters are ageless in the comics they will be so in the MCU. I understand what you're trying to say, but I do not agree. I feel as strongly about this as you feel about Cable and X-Force. I'm not gonna wait until I'm in my 60's to see Marvel make a legitimate Avengers movie which cannot happen until Hank and Janet are in the Avengers alongside their teammates. And the Marvel writers are not gonna wait that long to put Hank and Janet back in the Avengers comics.

I know you're gonna say that Hank and Janet returning to the comics is not dependent on them being made young, present day Avengers in the MCU, sum1, I just think the logic in that argument fails. If that were true, then why was it even necessary to remove them from the Avengers in the comics in the first place? Why was it necessary to fuse Hank with Ultron, conveniently getting him out of the way, and to introduce this "Nadia" character who came out of nowhere and takes over the role of The Wasp as Janet is pushed to the sideline? The Avengers already have a Wasp, why create a new one? Why bring Scott Lang back from the dead as Ant-Man again? And is it really coincidental that this happens as soon as Age of Ultron and Ant-Man come out in the MCU? Do you really think that any of this was done for any reason other than to accommodate and promote the MCU, by rearranging the Marvel Comics universe unnecessarily? And I'm sorry, but the Wasp that move audiences should remember 50 years from now is Janet, not some non-existent Hope character played by the woman from Lost.

And if they're willing to do that, then how are Hank and Janet ever going to make it back into the Avengers comics as long as Scott and Hope exist in the MCU? God forbid they confuse the ignorant masses with a young Hank and Janet in the Avengers comics but an old Hank and Janet in the MCU who were never in the Avengers. And God forbid they respect 50 years of comic book history over their desire to accommodate one overrated Englishman named Edgar Wright. I'm sorry, sum1, but that is unacceptable. I know you're gonna argue with me about this, and you can to your heart's content. But unless you can produce some crystal ball that can see the future, I'll consider my opinion just as valid if not more so than yours.

Oh, and one more thing... if I turn out to be right, the "I told you so's" will be ruthless and unrelenting.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-15-2018 at 04:31 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

The roles wil be recast, but that doesn't mean they'll be recast immediately. There's going to be a significant intermediate period in which the MCU focuses on other characters. And just because you don't want to wait until your 60s to see a young Hank and Jan in the MCU doesn't mean Disney is going to oblige you. I know you need to believe it'll come soon, but that doesn't mean it will. And if they choose to bring Hank and Jan back in the comics it doesn't have to mean they'll reboot them in the MCU in the same time. Lots of things exist in the comics that don't exist in the movies.

Now I suggest we move on, because this discussion is getting tense and going nowhere.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. Let's move on. And I am willing to wait as long as it takes. Just remember what I said about I told you so's.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

:moves on:

Old 04-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, let's move on.

I hope this is true:

The 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' Delay Is Not Bad News
Old 04-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

The X-Men movies are getting screwed over because of the Disney takeover.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dark Phoenix went into production before that, so we don't know what it's gonna look like until it comes out.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Went into production, but didn't finish productiion.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top