Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Your welcome Had too with how we've gotten somebody that has met the cast or a good amount of them
Old 12-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
I met them
Still so jelly of you yet.

*sigh* to meet her would be.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 12-13-2014, 12:23 AM
Moderator Manager

It's a great idea, I like reading stories of fans that have met the cast.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too interesting to hear stories

Last edited by crash landing; 12-13-2014 at 07:26 PM
Old 12-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I think i probably would likely faint if i ever did meet her. Or was near by her.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 12-13-2014, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would hope that I would keep my cool haven't met anyone, so can't put it to the test in reality, in my mind would be flipping out
Old 12-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL Sarah, its december
Old 12-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know
Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Moderator Manager

I'd flip out too. I just want to see them in person. I'd be fine with that.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Hi all! I met Hugh Jackman twice on Thursday when I went to see his Broadway play. Here are the details:

(1) The play was amazing, so well acted by all! The theater was so intimate. We were only about 15 feet from the stage and could see their facial expressions so clearly and the plot, acting, and atmosphere was profound and haunting. I actually got goosebumps! And it was amazing being that close to Hugh and watching him act.

(2) After the play, Hugh did his Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS charity auction, and he was so funny and sweet ... very self-deprecating and gregarious. It is so admirable that he is doing the auction still because he is not obligated to (the requirement for Broadway performers ended last week), but he wanted too from his heart.

(3) Before the play, I met Hugh. We even hugged! I told him he is an inspiration to me and that I admire him and his wife, Deb, and his assistant was on the phone with her, and Hugh told me, "She's on the phone now! You should say something to her!" So his assistant held the phone out towards me, and I talked into it, telling Deb that she's amazing and that I love what she has done to help improve adoption laws and get orphaned children into safe and loving homes.

(4) Hugh took a selfie with me, but when I checked my phone later to see it, I realized my camera had messed up unfortunately, and he was already too far down the line to retake it.

BUT I got to meet him after the play too! And my boyfriend even took a video of us meeting Hugh that time.

(5) I was too nervous to ask for another picture, but I held my Playbill out towards him and Hugh signed it with his gold sharpie! He affectionately touched the brim of my hat, and said, "I like your hat!" I talked to him about his charitable coffee and tea company and he asked me what my favorite tea is. I told him and he said it's his favorite too. He is very down-to-earth and it almost doesn't feel you are in the presence of a celebrity. He is so gentle and kind. He is exactly as he seems in interviews and such. The only thing that reminds you that Hugh is a celebrity is the fact that he was surrounded by adoring fans. The second time I met him, he didn't even have a body guard with him!

(6) For anyone wondering what Hugh looks like in person. He was very handsome. His face looked exactly as he does in some of his movies. Has anyone seen his romantic comedies? He looked like an older version of his character in Someone Like You or like his character in Real Steel. He was quite slim, though you could tell his muscles are ripped when he was on stage in a t-shirt. He is fairly tall, but he ducks down to match your height when taking selfies and such or signing autographs so you don't even notice how much taller he is than you.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 12-20-2014 at 09:37 AM
Old 12-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, it's very disappointing that nobody has responded yet. I posted my experience 3 days ago.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 12-21-2014 at 12:46 PM
Old 12-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TC I'm sorry that I haven't been able to response yet, been sick and my boyfriend has been home due to vacation which means I don't post when he's home. Then went into work yesterday, so no able to post and now just getting the ability

That's amazing that you got to meet him twice and so glad that the play was amazing

You got to hug him and that's so sweet that you got to tell Deb what you felt towards her that's so sweet that you got to do that
Old 12-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

That's okay, Sarah! I was just a kid in a candy store who got home and wanted to immediately tell all her friends! I hope you're feeling better!

Yes, hugging Hugh was awesome! It felt like hugging a pillow. His coat was so soft. Plus, he smells really good. When I hugged him, I got a woof of Hugh scent.

It was amazing that Hugh let me say something to Deb! I really was on Cloud 9.

Does anyone want to see a picture of my autograph or the video of me meeting him the second time? I am still so disappointed that the selfie I took with Hugh didn't come out. I have the worst luck with technology! The memory of him taking a selfie with me, even if it turned out to be a "selfie fail" is good enough though.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TC! I am so happy you had a great time and that you met him twice! It sounds like Hugh really goes above and beyond for his fans and no one deserves it more! So sweet that you hugged him, got a selfie (even if it didn't make it) and got to talk to him again!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Hi all! So I'm only going to keep this picture and video up for a short while (a couple of days) because I'm a bit uncomfortable with putting myself out there on the internet and my picture and all that (I also look so nerdy lately!) so I'll take it down probably Tuesday, but this is me holding up my Playbill where Hugh signed it with his gold sharpie.

And here is a video of the second time I encountered Hugh. Unfortunately we didn't think to take a video of the first time I encountered him, when he posed with us for a selfie and I hugged him and said hi to his wife on the phone, but at least there is a video of the second encounter! The guy taking the video is my boyfriend (the guy who is facing the camera and whom I look at towards the end). In the video, you can see I say, "Thank you so much" and Hugh responds, "My pleasure!" while affectionately touching my coat (I think where my arm is) and then he affectionately touches the rim of my hat and says, "I like your hat!" and I froze and stopped talking and then I told him, "I love your tea!" and he asks me which tea and then my mind went blank and I forgot the names of his teas that I drink And so I asked my boyfriend and he told me and so I said the ginger one, and Hugh says that's his favorite. If you watch further into the video, you see a girl asks for a hug and he hugs her and he is just so sweet, friendly, soft spoken, and kind. He really does go out of his way for his fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
TC! I am so happy you had a great time and that you met him twice! It sounds like Hugh really goes above and beyond for his fans and no one deserves it more! So sweet that you hugged him, got a selfie (even if it didn't make it) and got to talk to him again!
Thanks, Theresa! You're a sweetheart! Awww.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 12-24-2014 at 03:33 PM