Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2018, 02:57 PM
New Fan

i had no idea
Old 11-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

But I don't think we should react as if he admitted to being a child rapist. After all, Jared and Ivanka aren't s bad as Trump himself, and when Steve Bannon was in the White House trying to influence Trump in White Supremacist directions, they were the main opposition to that.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't personally go after Ivanka, or Tiffany, or Barron or anything like that. I leave the kids out of this stuff.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ivanka isn't a kid. She's part of the Trump administration, involved in government.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but she never did anything in her life prior to warrant any hating. She didn't run for president. The only Trump I have a problem with is the one named Donald.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Your logic escapes me.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Personally, I have immense respect for Hugh Jackman for not just dumping his friends when everyone is against them. That shows a lot of character as a person and he clearly is not concerned with losing his place in Hollywood. He is true to himself and can stand against the pressure of the media spotlight. The fact is -- and everyone on this board should know this by now because I gave overwhelming evidence of it in the OP -- Hugh Jackman and his wife are amazing people and have always proven that. They give more to charity than the majority of celebrities, they are involved in more social causes for minorities, refugees, LGBT, women, etc., than the majority of Hollywood, and they actively have started several organizations to help people in need -- whether it be sick people, suicidal people, the indigenous community, or poor farmers in third world countries. He is a man who everywhere he goes is called the nicest human being others have encountered, from extras on the set of movies to camera men to directors and fellow actors. Shame on anyone for losing respect for Hugh Jackman as a human being for remaining loyal to his friends. His character has never changed. He has more than proven himself to be a faithful, loving, compassionate, and genuine person. If he has remained friends with Ivanka and Jared, then I truly believe there is some good in them, and Hugh Jackman, as we know, is the type of person who sees the good in people and focuses on that -- not the bad. He is the least judgmental person in Hollywood, and if everyone was like him, we wouldn't have the crappy divisive society we currently have when someone can't even share an opinion without being bullied and called a bad person. Today's political atmosphere on both sides is just absurd, and no, the liberals do not get a pass.

I've shared my two cents. Hey guys! I've missed you all!
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 11-20-2018, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good to have you here, Theresa.
Personally I don't judge Hugh in this matter, but I do remain pretty suspicious of Jared and Ivanka, though they're clearly a lot better than Trump himself.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Search4Truth~ (View Post)
Personally, I have immense respect for Hugh Jackman for not just dumping his friends when everyone is against them. That shows a lot of character as a person and he clearly is not concerned with losing his place in Hollywood. He is true to himself and can stand against the pressure of the media spotlight. The fact is -- and everyone on this board should know this by now because I gave overwhelming evidence of it in the OP -- Hugh Jackman and his wife are amazing people and have always proven that. They give more to charity than the majority of celebrities, they are involved in more social causes for minorities, refugees, LGBT, women, etc., than the majority of Hollywood, and they actively have started several organizations to help people in need -- whether it be sick people, suicidal people, the indigenous community, or poor farmers in third world countries. He is a man who everywhere he goes is called the nicest human being others have encountered, from extras on the set of movies to camera men to directors and fellow actors. Shame on anyone for losing respect for Hugh Jackman as a human being for remaining loyal to his friends. His character has never changed. He has more than proven himself to be a faithful, loving, compassionate, and genuine person. If he has remained friends with Ivanka and Jared, then I truly believe there is some good in them, and Hugh Jackman, as we know, is the type of person who sees the good in people and focuses on that -- not the bad. He is the least judgmental person in Hollywood, and if everyone was like him, we wouldn't have the crappy divisive society we currently have when someone can't even share an opinion without being bullied and called a bad person. Today's political atmosphere on both sides is just absurd, and no, the liberals do not get a pass.

I get your point of view as well.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rita, who's the wanker drinking out of a bottle in your avie? He's got a sort of perma-frown.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

that's the icon for the Tyler Hoechlin celebration I was talking about
Old 11-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like your icon, Rita. Now that Cavill is gone, Tyler is all the Superman we have left at the moment.

Well, no disrespect meant, sum1. My logic is simply based on Ivanka's history prior to her father running for office, and I've never seen her do anything that warranted any blame. I never tried to blame Bush's daughters, Jenna or Laura, for anything their father may have done. Nor do I blame Chelsea Clinton for standing by her father during the allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment. If Hugh is friends with her then I'm assuming he knows her well enough to conclude the same, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Search4Truth~ (View Post)

Hi, Theresa! We've missed you too! I'm sorry I wasn't here when you were here!

Thanks for sharing. And I agree with you. Todays political atmosphere(especially political correctness) is absurd. No, liberals can't get a free pass either. I noticed your Malcolm X icon, and Malcom also didn't give liberals a pass. He referred to them as the "foxes," saying they're no different than wolves except they project a friendlier and more pleasant appearance before they eat you.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I like your icon, Rita. Now that Cavill is gone, Tyler is all the Superman we have left at the moment.

Well, no disrespect meant, sum1. My logic is simply based on Ivanka's history prior to her father running for office, and I've never seen her do anything that warranted any blame. I never tried to blame Bush's daughters, Jenna or Laura, for anything their father may have done. Nor do I blame Chelsea Clinton for standing by her father during the allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment. If Hugh is friends with her then I'm assuming he knows her well enough to conclude the same, that's all.
Those comparisons are not appropriate. Ivanka is an important part of Trumpo's administration, not just his daughter.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I'd question her actual importance in that respect, sum1, that's all. And I don't think Hugh would be her friend otherwise.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Aw thank you, sum and Alex! You are both so kind. X-Men forum will always feel like family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Todays political atmosphere(especially political correctness) is absurd. No, liberals can't get a free pass either. I noticed your Malcolm X icon, and Malcom also didn't give liberals a pass. He referred to them as the "foxes," saying they're no different than wolves except they project a friendlier and more pleasant appearance before they eat you.
Oh yes. Brother Malcolm couldn’t stand liberals because of all the hypocrisy. He preferred even the wolf over the fox, but knew it was a lose-lose situation and said in his speech, The Ballot or the Bullet: “The wolf and the fox are both canine. Both belong to the dog family. So what’s it going to be? A northern dog or a southern dog? Because either one you choose, you’ll still be in the dog house.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I get your point of view as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Personally I don't judge Hugh in this matter, but I do remain pretty suspicious of Jared and Ivanka, though they're clearly a lot better than Trump himself.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 11-20-2018 at 10:08 PM