Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome! They are such sweethearts. And today, Hugh defended a little girl who has been badly bullied. To think that he took the time out to make this little girl feel loved and special on his wedding anniversary when he could have absolutely just focused on his own family:

Hugh Jackman tells bullied 10-year-old girl she is loved, special, and smart
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 04-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

What's he doing, trying to qualify as a saint? He should stomp somebody instead. He could try throwing a phone at somebody like his fellow Australian, Russell Crowe. All this nicey-nicey stuff is a bit too sweet for me.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, thanks Theresa! Wow, Hugh is just the best! That was so great of him to do that for that girl.

Maybe that's why Hollywood hates him, sum1. He's too damn good for them. And not every Aussie is like Russell Crowe. And Crowe was actually born in New Zealand.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I know Crowe was born in New Zealand. And Mel Gibson was born in America. And Sam Worthington was born in England. And Guy Pearce was too. And Nicole Kidman was born in Hawaii. Is that enough for you?
Old 04-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, fine! Jeeez.

Also, Naomi Watts was also born in England. Notice how so many Aussie actors weren't born there? And Cate Blanchett's father was from Texas. Not relevant, I know. I guess Hugh is one of the few Aussie born Australian actors.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I know Naomi Watts was born in Britain.

Hugh's parents were born in England.

Cate Blanchett annoys the crap out of me.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really? I didn't know that Hugh's parents were from England.

Actually, the Bee Gees and AC/DC were also born in England before they moved to Australia.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
What's he doing, trying to qualify as a saint? He should stomp somebody instead. He could try throwing a phone at somebody like his fellow Australian, Russell Crowe. All this nicey-nicey stuff is a bit too sweet for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Aww, thanks Theresa! Wow, Hugh is just the best! That was so great of him to do that for that girl.

Maybe that's why Hollywood hates him, sum1. He's too damn good for them. And not every Aussie is like Russell Crowe. And Crowe was actually born in New Zealand.
Well, Hugh is called the nicest guy in Hollywood almost universally. You guys reminded me of Jake Gyllenhaal's quote about Hugh. Jake said this: "Hugh Jackman is a ridiculously good man, it's annoying," Gyllenhaal teased, adding: "He sings, he dances, he saves children... the guy is just... it's frustrating."
Old 04-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Search4Truth~ (View Post)
Well, Hugh is called the nicest guy in Hollywood almost universally. You guys reminded me of Jake Gyllenhaal's quote about Hugh. Jake said this: "Hugh Jackman is a ridiculously good man, it's annoying," Gyllenhaal teased, adding: "He sings, he dances, he saves children... the guy is just... it's frustrating."
OMG, he said that? Thanks for posting that, Theresa. Maybe that's why the Academy hardly ever nominates him, because he's too damn nice.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Jake Gyllenhaal said it in this interview: 'Prisoners' Jake Gyllenhaal: 'Hugh Jackman is a ridiculously good man'

And yes, I do think Hugh is "the people's champion" so-to-speak. He is absolutely beloved by people because he seems to have such a genuinely kind soul, and I can attest to this even when I met him because Hugh is one of the nicest people I've ever met. At the same time, I think that does work against him when it comes to Hollywood elitists. But I'd rather him be a good person than win a bunch of awards.

And yeah, his parents are English. Hugh behaves very Australian but he also has some British qualities. His father is also part Turkish.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Part Greek, not part Turkish.

http://ethnicelebs.com/hugh-jackman

Hugh is very Australian.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, you're so lucky that you got to meet him, Theresa. Oh, and thanks! I forgot what move Hugh and Jake worked on together.

sum1 is correct. One of Hugh's paternal great grandfathers, Nicholas Isidor Bellas, was Greek back when Greece was still part of the Ottoman empire, which is probably why you thought he was Turkish.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

We are both correct. Hugh changed it to Turkish. He did a show in Istanbul 3 years ago and said he was connecting with his roots: https://www.dailysabah.com/life/2015...toman-identity I saw the video interviews. He wants to identify as Turkish and I consider people to be what they identify as. He has said it was Greek before, but he changed it.

I'm gonna be honest. My grandfather was Syrian. He migrated from Syria as a refugee. Today, the part of Syria he was from is part of Lebanon (the border of Lebanon and Syria). I would still say I'm Syrian, not Lebanese (and part Chinese, Indian, black, Spanish - I'm very mixed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Awww, you're so lucky that you got to meet him, Theresa. Oh, and thanks! I forgot what move Hugh and Jake worked on together.
He is a sweetheart! I met Deb too!

Hugh and Jake did Prisoners together.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-12-2018 at 07:23 PM
Old 04-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You met Deb too? Nice! What's she like?

Well, I'm just repeating what it says on his wiki page, Theresa. It says that his paternal great grandfather was from Greece when it was still part of the Ottoman Empire, so I don't know if his great grandfather was Greek under Ottoman rule or if he was Turkish living in Greece? Given how people in that part of Europe feel about the Turks(so I've heard) I'm not sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jackman

Wow, you are very mixed, Theresa. You have a fascinating background.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

All I know is Hugh wants to identify as Turkish, so to me he's Turkish. I think his opinion of himself is more important than Wikipedia's and ethniceleb's summaries. He was very clear with how he wanted to identify himself in those interviews I saw when he was in Turkey. If he is really Greek by blood, I'll let him deal with confusing himself.

Deb is fantastic! She is very energetic and has a kind, caring personality. She was very nice to me and my fiance. Her personality compliments Hugh's well.

Haha thanks, Alex! I have a confusing background. I'm what you call "racially ambiguous." I never have any idea how someone will perceive my appearance when they meet me. I have literally been asked by so many different people if I'm from almost every continent (with the exception of Antarctica and Australia ) Some people look at me and think I'm some kind of Asian (usually Indonesian), others think I'm Moroccan or Egyptian... others guess every country in the middle east ... others think I'm Southern European ... others think I'm Greek... many think I'm South American ... some think I'm Native American/Indigenous ... it gets utterly exhausting.