Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, Hugh actually said that, Theresa? Well, he's modest, at least. But it's a shame that he always has to go into the awards season as an underdog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
No, Stranger Things is filmed in Atlanta, like Theresa says. It says so on IMDB.
Yes, I know that, sum1. But the show's story is set in early 1980's Indiana. I read it online. And it's heavily influenced by the early 1980's work of Steven Spielberg, John Carpenter, and Stephen King. They film in Atlanta probably because it has better weather, the same reason that a lot of shows also film in Los Angeles.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love the new thread. I agree on the title. I thought Hugh would have earned an Oscar nomination for Logan.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yes, I know that, sum1. But the show's story is set in early 1980's Indiana.
You didn't seem to know a few posts back, when you mentioned it being set in Indiana as a form of disagreement with Theresa's statement that it was filmed in Atlanta.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Old 01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You didn't seem to know a few posts back, when you mentioned it being set in Indiana as a form of disagreement with Theresa's statement that it was filmed in Atlanta.
I wasn't suggesting that it was filmed in Indiana, sum1. I assumed it was filmed in California, but I was surprised when Theresa told me it was filmed in Atlanta. But I wasn't questioning her on that, I think you misunderstood me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
I love the new thread. I agree on the title. I thought Hugh would have earned an Oscar nomination for Logan.
Thanks! I'm glad you agree.

Thanks for the links, LightYears!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Greatest Showman Best Original Song in the Golden Globes, but I don't think it won anything else.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it only won Best Original Song, sum1. I'm happy to see that A LOT of people online are defending Hugh Jackman and saying he deserved to win the Golden Globe over James Franco. Literally hundreds on several articles that have been posted about it.

I suffered through watching the Golden Globes. It dragged. Honestly, I thought James Franco was a bit of a jerk when he won tonight. What is the point in bringing the director your movie pokes fun at up on stage with you if then go on to swat his arm away, read a contrived speech from your cellphone, keep that director standing an awkward distance away from you and your brother, and never let that director say a word at the mic? That was rude. And the director admitted he had wanted to say something. Honestly, he deserves to. That entire movie is about him and James Franco played him and even made fun of him at points.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 01-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

The SAG Awards basically snubbed Hugh.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Hugh visited a children's hospital today. It got no publicity at all, as per usual, since Hugh does stuff like this all the time - practically every week, but you would only know if you keep up with people's instagram posts. The hospital decided to post about it though I do think this is a major way that Hugh's charity work differs from other celebrities. Usually you'll see other celebrities have a bunch of media with them at hospitals and articles go viral. Hugh does this stuff low-key.

"uclamch“Wolverine was here!” Thank U @thehughjackman for dropping by to surprise our patients after watching a screening of the #TheGreatestShowman. “The shock on my son’s face was priceless when he walked in the room,” says a patient’s mom. “It was magical and a family experience that my sons will never forget.” Thank U @LollipopTheater for making this visit happen! #hughjackman #wolverine #UCLAMCH"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdsyLCHl...ed=hughjackman

ETA: The hospital posted more pics on Facebook. Here are more photos:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
The SAG Awards basically snubbed Hugh.
They sure did! For both movies!

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 01-08-2018 at 04:10 PM
Old 01-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Search4Truth~ (View Post)
Yeah, it only won Best Original Song, sum1. I'm happy to see that A LOT of people online are defending Hugh Jackman and saying he deserved to win the Golden Globe over James Franco. Literally hundreds on several articles that have been posted about it.

I suffered through watching the Golden Globes. It dragged. Honestly, I thought James Franco was a bit of a jerk when he won tonight. What is the point in bringing the director your movie pokes fun at up on stage with you if then go on to swat his arm away, read a contrived speech from your cellphone, keep that director standing an awkward distance away from you and your brother, and never let that director say a word at the mic? That was rude. And the director admitted he had wanted to say something. Honestly, he deserves to. That entire movie is about him and James Franco played him and even made fun of him at points.
I tried hard for years to like James Franco, but he just annoys me.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all that, Theresa! You know, Hugh doesn't need affirmation from the Globes or anyone else. His performances and his charity work speak for themselves.

Well, I'm glad The Greatest Showman won something, at least. But the fact that audiences are now slowly discovering it is even better. Screw the awards shows.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Well, maybe Hugh can get a Grammy. The Greatest Showman soundtrack is now at #1 on the Billboard Charts in 98 countries, on iTunes, and on Amazon, and 4 of its songs have entered the top 100 on the radio! Including one of the songs that is sung by Hugh!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...howman-hot-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for all that, Theresa! You know, Hugh doesn't need affirmation from the Globes or anyone else. His performances and his charity work speak for themselves.

Well, I'm glad The Greatest Showman won something, at least. But the fact that audiences are now slowly discovering it is even better. Screw the awards shows.
I totally agree!

Quote:
I tried hard for years to like James Franco, but he just annoys me.
Ugh, he's a good actor, but he annoys me too because he comes across as so arrogant and disrespectful in real life - and this aspect of his personality sometimes comes through even in his performances. Apparently now he has some accusations against him so he might be in some trouble though. There's some backlash from him winning the Golden Globe.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Theresa! Yeah, there's always hope that Hugh will win a Grammy. I'm glad the soundtrack is doing so well.

Yeah, James Franco is the latest casualty in Hollywood's Weinstein backlash. Now Franco's had accusations of sexual misconduct made at him after he won the Golden Globe.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

What sort of accusations?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

It's inspiring how much Hugh appreciates his fans. He went on to "favorite" hundreds of fan tweets the last few days. The following few tweets are literally a conversation between Hugh and some fans:

And he popped into random AMC cinemas, including this one, just to thank people for supporting The Greatest Showman and posted this heartfelt video:
Quote:
What sort of accusations?
I don't see James Franco as a sexual predator based on what I saw. 17 is the age of consent in NY. I do see him as a sleazy, skeevy, arrogant man though. Here are some articles that give a good idea though. There are articles from other sources like CNN, BBC, NY Times, etc., but I feel these give better summaries:

https://www.avclub.com/not-even-tomm...mes-1821888890

James Franco’s 2013 Book Includes Story About Picking Up Young Girls | IndieWire

Why James Franco Got Called Out After the Golden Globes | Time