Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Who the hell is Chris anyway?
Old 02-13-2018, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Hi guys! I am so touched that you were concerned about me.
I'm okay. I just had a tough couple of weeks at work and didn't get the chance to post because I had deadlines to meet. How are you guys?

Here are some new pics of Hugh from yesterday and today. He went to Japan to promote The Greatest Showman. It opened there today. Keala Settle is the singer/actress in the photos with him and played the Bearded lady in The Greatest Showman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Who the hell is Chris anyway?
He was a singer who recently passed away. I've never heard his music, but he did a lot of charities to help refugee children. Hugh is saying he promises to help refugee children and keep Chris's charities going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Apparently the media can't understand why the public likes The Greatest Showman. Perhaps the public isn't so blinded by snobbery and political correctness?
lol, I commented on that article a few days ago, and my comment got the 3rd or 4th most "likes" out of over 300 comments. I was proud. Critics and some journalists are such snobby elitists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
my daughter has seen it and she was taken with it when she came back.
That's wonderful!
Old 02-13-2018, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Theresa! We missed you! I'm glad you're okay.

Yeah, we got a bit concerned. I'm sorry you had some tough weeks at work. I hope things are better now.

I'm doing okay. Just looking forward to Easter and Spring, and warmer weather.

Thanks for the pics! Did you see the articles I posted on The Greatest Showman? The media is trying to understand why so many people like it, because they don't get it. Shows them, huh?
Old 02-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Glad to have you back, Theresa.

I see your battle for Hugh goes on.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Aw thanks, sum and PhoenixRising! Yeah,
things are fine. It's just a touch job sometimes with a lot of responsibility and I'm still young in my career so it takes time.

Quote:
I see your battle for Hugh goes on.
Yes, indeed! And thanks, sum! Check out my response to down below PhoenixRising! Part of my comment was quoted in that NY Times editor's new article.

Quote:
Thanks for the pics! Did you see the articles I posted on The Greatest Showman? The media is trying to understand why so many people like it, because they don't get it. Shows them, huh?
I did, indeed! In fact, I had left one of the most "liked" comments on it when the article was first posted, and today, that journalist who posted the article, who is also the editor of the NY Times, put out a new article in response to all of our comments, and she quoted a part of my comment in the article. Take a look: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/14/m...kman-fans.html

She only included what I said about Hugh and not what I said about the movie, but I think pretty much everyone else's comments that she included sum up what I also said about the movie so it's all good.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Good going, getting quoted. It was a good comment.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, Theresa! And you can call me Alex, btw. sum1 is the only mysterious individual with no name here.

Oh, I totally understand about work getting in the way. I was so exhausted and in so much pain after work yesterday that I couldn't even come on FF. But as long as we can still see you when you have time to post that's great.

OMG, you had your comment quoted by a NYT writer? That's awesome! Let me read it...

Wow, this was yours?

Quote:
I’m answering your question because I want Hugh Jackman to be able to make more movies like this one. Hugh Jackman is, to me, the most underappreciated entertainer of this generation by Hollywood’s elite and critics. His talent, humanity, charisma and masculine energy light up a stage and screen, and he pours his heart and soul into his performances. THERESA
That's awesome, Theresa! And I cut out your last name, so you know. But all those other comments about the film were wonderful as well.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

<= Man With No Name.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

^

Old 02-15-2018, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

That's what I was referencing.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know, that's why I posted it.

And I remember that critics were comparing Hugh to Eastwood when the first X-Men movie came out. Logan is a bit like the Man With No Name. He couldn't remember his for a long time.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

There's a physical similarity between those two.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep. Critics made mention of that back in 2000, and how physically similar Hugh was to Clint.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Hugh mentioned it to Clint once and got a rude response. Clint Eastwood didn't become famous for being Mr Easygoing. Great actor, great director, but frankly I'd be afriad to approach him.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Hugh mentioned it to Clint once and got a rude response. Clint Eastwood didn't become famous for being Mr Easygoing. Great actor, great director, but frankly I'd be afriad to approach him.
Really? When did that happen? What was the response? Was it the comparison to Hugh, or the comparison to Wolverine? Clint might just not be that fond of comic book movies.