Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it sounds like Disney and Fox might combine. That could change everything. And in the very least the X-Men will stop getting a raw deal in the comics and Wolverine can be brought back to life for real there. New X-Men characters can be invented once more, numbers of mutants can thrive, mutants can get their powers back, and the bloody Terrigan Mists can stop being such a problem for them. And the Fantastic Four can get their comic back. But what will it mean for the Fox X-Men franchise? Will it combine with the MCU, cross over with the MCU or get cancelled and replaced with an MCU version? A lot to think on.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
So Disney&Fox are closing in on the deal? And it could be announced next week?! https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html
It's still hard for me to believe this will happen and I'll be SHOCKED if it does. Then again, anything seemed possible after Marvel and Sony made a deal with Spiderman (something else I thought would never happen) If it happens I'll be the happiest about it cause that means Marvel will finally have the Fantastic 4 back. I'll just be glad it's out of Fox's hands when they clearly don't care about it at all and just keep crapping on it to keep the rights and nothing more. If this happens I just don't get how they will fit in the X Men. That seems like a whole new world all on it's own but Marvel has been killing it with all their movies so at the same time I wouldn't be worried. The X Men films have always been a mixed bag for me. I like some (IE X2, DOFP, Logan, Deapool) hate some (X3, Wolverine Origins) and some are just okay. One of their biggest flaws is that continuity seems to mean nothing in their universe, which also irks me. I also miss the original X Men cast in the films compared to the "past" cast. I still prefer the original X Men crew. Guess we'll see if this happens or not.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
It's still hard for me to believe this will happen and I'll be SHOCKED if it does. Then again, anything seemed possible after Marvel and Sony made a deal with Spiderman (something else I thought would never happen) If it happens I'll be the happiest about it cause that means Marvel will finally have the Fantastic 4 back. I'll just be glad it's out of Fox's hands when they clearly don't care about it at all and just keep crapping on it to keep the rights and nothing more. If this happens I just don't get how they will fit in the X Men. That seems like a whole new world all on it's own but Marvel has been killing it with all their movies so at the same time I wouldn't be worried. The X Men films have always been a mixed bag for me. I like some (IE X2, DOFP, Logan, Deapool) hate some (X3, Wolverine Origins) and some are just okay. One of their biggest flaws is that continuity seems to mean nothing in their universe, which also irks me. I also miss the original X Men cast in the films compared to the "past" cast. I still prefer the original X Men crew. Guess we'll see if this happens or not.
Yep, and it probably won't be long until Disney owns all the rights to Spider-Man. Oh 2017 ending with the FF returning back to Marvel would be well, fantastic! They'll probably reboot the X-Men, I mean that's what they did with Spider-Man.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure they'll reboot the X-Men. They rebooted Spider Man after the Amazing Spider Man franchise failed. The X-Men movie franchise is mostly a success and with some significant critical successes. I don't want to see the X-Men rebooted. That said, I acknowledge that it could well happen, I just dread it. No more R-rated mutant movies. Just Disney pap.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yep, and it probably won't be long until Disney owns all the rights to Spider-Man. Oh 2017 ending with the FF returning back to Marvel would be well, fantastic! They'll probably reboot the X-Men, I mean that's what they did with Spider-Man.
Yeah if they get the X Men back they will reboot it. Usually when these things happen they flush out the old and go with their plan, and start with a clean slate.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

We'll see. I could see them keeping the X-Men franchise that Fox has, because it's successful.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm not sure they'll reboot the X-Men. They rebooted Spider Man after the Amazing Spider Man franchise failed. The X-Men movie franchise is mostly a success and with some significant critical successes. I don't want to see the X-Men rebooted. That said, I acknowledge that it could well happen, I just dread it. No more R-rated mutant movies. Just Disney pap.
Well, combining the X-universe and the MCU via a retcon/reboot might be a foregone conclusion at this point. The Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Magneto issue alone would require a big retcon. The MCU exists in a universe where mutants don't exist, and the X-universe exists in a world where superheroes don't exist. Bringing the X-Men into the MCU would require a pretty drastic retcon, and I know that might not be what everyone would like, but it's probably unavoidable. I just hope they don't stop making the R-rated X-films like Logan and Deadpool. And they probably won't do anything until after Avengers 4 and Infinity War. It's amazing what a few Infinity Gems can do. It'll probably be like what Marvel did after Secret Wars when they merged the 616 universe and the Ultimates universe.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
^Posted some casting news in the Gambit thread.

CONFIRMED:

New Mutants - April 13th, 2018
Deadpool 2 - June 1st, 2018
X-Men: Dark Phoenix - November 2nd, 2018
Legion [Season 2] - TBD 2018
Gambit - February 14th, 2019

IN DEVELOPMENT:

X-Force - TBA
Deadpool 3 - TBA
Multiple Man - TBA
X-23 - TBA
Alpha Flight - TBA

Can one of the mods please update the OP?
How many of these movies will actually be coming out? I'm thinking of the Disney/Fox deal and the likely reboot.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully all of those movies will come out even after the Disney acquisition of Fox. I don't see any reason to tank any of those movies.

Here's some cool stuff about Dark Phoenix!

Dark Phoenix concept art shows Jean Grey's deep space transformation | EW.com

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Timeline Revealed; Will Go to Space | Collider

‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’: The 1 Storyline That Will Leave Us Shook!
Old 12-08-2017, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hopefully all of those movies will come out even after the Disney acquisition of Fox. I don't see any reason to tank any of those movies.
Well, I think before the Marvel&Sony deal could happen, Disney wanted to reboot Spider-Man, that way it would be the easiest&quickest way to explain his sudden existence in the MCU. Plus Sony had some spin-off's announced as well, but that change when the deal was made.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

But Sony's Amazing Spider Man franchise was failing at that time, while Fox's X-Men franchise is a success. Disney may well want to reboot, but they may not want to quickly take apart a successful movie franchise that they've just bought.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with sum1. There's no reason to mess with the X-Men franchise too much. They just need to retcon the MCU so that mutants exist there, but don't change the nature of the X-films. I like the fact that they're a lot tougher and R-rated.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Here's an update on the Disney/Fox deal. Disney, Fox Talk to Bankers as Deal Talks Progress – Variety
Old 12-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that link, dragonfire!
Old 12-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info.