Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2017, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Crap. I completely forgot about that and it explains everything.

You think Lorna is better on the show? I like her,but that's just my opinion. I like Jean,too. I hated Scott cheating on her with Emma.
Is telepathic cheating still considered cheating? They never physically had intercourse until after Jean died... again. But I wasn't that judgmental of Scott's thing with Emma because Emma was yet again taking advantage of a situation where Scott was vulnerable after having been possessed by Apocalypse(I think). And of course, just prior to Emma making her move on Scott, Wolverine once again had a stolen moment with Jean where he kissed her without warning. And once again(I've lost track of how many times), Jean did not say, "Logan, I'm with Scott, so please stop it," which got really frustrating after a while. Jean can't have it both ways, you know. If she's gonna treat Scott like a cuckold then she doesn't deserve sympathy, just saying.

I do like Lorna on the show, but she's radically different from the Lorna in the comics. On the show she's like some angry punk rock chick, which is why I think it would be fascinating to see her with Alex on the show because that could get really interesting. He'd be much more stable than Marcos, who seems destined to never escape the Cartel.

Weren't we talking about Quicksilver? Anyway, I do think that after Dark Phoenix the role will probably get recast once the X-Men are integrated into the MCU... and they figure out a way for him to be alive again. "Soft reboot" I believe is the term.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:46 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I think the only negative about this Disney/Fox merger is that this Quicksilver is done. He was my favorite character in the new films and both of his scenes in the last two movies were so fun and amazing. His scenes also made me realize if I could have a mutant power, I would definitely want his. I could do anything I want and no one would be the wiser lol.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quicksilver's ed.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I think the only negative about this Disney/Fox merger is that this Quicksilver is done. He was my favorite character in the new films and both of his scenes in the last two movies were so fun and amazing. His scenes also made me realize if I could have a mutant power, I would definitely want his. I could do anything I want and no one would be the wiser lol.
Are you so certain? I'd suspect that given how much more popular Evan's Quicksilver is compare to Aaron's that Disney would keep the Quicksilver from the current X-Men continuity, even if he's eventually played by a different actor. And to be honest, it's possible that Dark Phoenix might be Evan's final appearance as Quicksilver even if Disney hadn't acquired 20th Century Fox.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

I hate to say it,but I agree. Or,they may just cast new people,like Sum1 said. I'm glad they kept Sophie on,at least.

Scott/Emma is nowhere near as bad as Pietro/Wanda. I hated the series where they were together. Someone tried to make Captain America understand that they were in love and that twincest is totally okay.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I hate to say it,but I agree. Or,they may just cast new people,like Sum1 said. I'm glad they kept Sophie on,at least.

Scott/Emma is nowhere near as bad as Pietro/Wanda. I hated the series where they were together. Someone tried to make Captain America understand that they were in love and that twincest is totally okay.
My guess is they'll recast and retcon Quicksilver's death in the MCU. And they kept both Tye and Sophie so far.

Ugh. The Wanda/Pietro twincest thing was from the Ultimates universe, and it was only one of many things I hated about that comic book continuity.
The Ultimates seemed like it was made by a bunch of neurotic people who just hated Marvel comics.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
My guess is they'll recast and retcon Quicksilver's death in the MCU. And they kept both Tye and Sophie so far.
No they haven't. Tye and Sophie are just in the end run of the old dose of films that are going to continue unaltered this next year. There's no guarantee they'll keep them or anything after they get down to making changes later on.

Quote:
Ugh. The Wanda/Pietro twincest thing was from the Ultimates universe, and it was only one of many things I hated about that comic book continuity.
The Ultimates seemed like it was made by a bunch of neurotic people who just hated Marvel comics.
I don't know much about the Ultimates, but even I know they're crap. I did read Ultimate Spider Man 1 though. It was garbage.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Ryan Murphy’s Dance Musical ‘Pose’ Gets Series Order At FX | Deadline
Old 12-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I don't know much about the Ultimates, but even I know they're crap. I did read Ultimate Spider Man 1 though. It was garbage.
The Ultimates were just ugly and insulting, sum1. And as for the rest, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the link, LightYears! Murphy's got another one coming out?
Old 12-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

That or they were creepy fangirls. I only read a few issues of Ultimate Spider-Man,but I agree.

Is Evan supposed to be in that show?
Old 12-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

^

His character and Kate Mara's character are a couple on the show. It will premiere during the summer of 2018.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Oh,ok-I didn't find that part. Man...Evan and Ryan are like Johnny Depp and Tim Burton,only Ryan isn't in love with Evan. Then again,maybe he is.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
^

His character and Kate Mara's character are a couple on the show. It will premiere during the summer of 2018.
Wow, really? Kate Mara hasn't been on a Ryan Murphy show since season one of American Horror Story. Does anyone know what Evan's new show is about other than being a musical?
Old 12-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

If it's Ryan Murphy, count me out.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm kind of tired of Murphy myself, sum1. It's a shame because I really liked American Horror Story.