Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

My loyal-faithful posters Please read this and provide feedback - this is unofficial but official at the same time. It outlines my thoughts and where I want to take the board. Cause right now its either things change or I step-down|board closure

I think its time to make this official and make it known that its crossed my mind of either stepping down or closure. It is NOT set in stone where I am going to list my concerns and suggestions where I'll stay but feel changes need to be made or I'm done. Would be lying if I didn't say I've thought about this over the past few years being a solo moderator and all.

Our post counts have been fine but its the type of discussion that has brought this out. Feeling like the board is a burden|chore regarding how its games or news or comic discussion that I'm lost on. I have no problem with the comic discussion cause officially its an X-Men board where it has long history of comics. Its just that I have nor will I ever read any cause its time consuming and wouldn't know where to start. If the board were to close than comic discussion could be taken to Comics Board
Like I said this IS NOT SET IN STONE where if my thoughts|suggestions are implied or any other suggestions happen that makes me feel love for the board again than I'll willing stay

Movies regarding like a movie watch cause we've got so many movies that have already came where we should be discussing those. What we like, what we don't like, what we wish could change. Its just been that its part of the reason to why I feel the board is a chore, no one talks about the movies where there's so much and so many threads that could be used.

So I don't want to close if things were to change cause so much history where X-Men in 2000 really got me into my current Comicbook love associated to movies and television. So we've got many of X-Men movies from the past, we've got many to come and we've got television. I eventually want to go watch the cartoons plus we've already had Legions and upcoming is The Gifted
So a final note would be that things need to change unless plenty of other places on
to discuss everything X-Men. Related to Comic board for cartoons|comics than there's the Movie Board that can create something to discuss all the movies within the thread. These recent live action shows are up on polls especially since it's liking the The Gifted will get a board most likely

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.
LOVE, SARAH

Old 07-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Please don't do this, Sarah! I just sent you a PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Did you read everything I wrote? and I replied to your PM
Old 07-15-2017, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Only going to offer my advice as I really don't care for comic books or super hero moves as fanatical as someone like Alex

Feel what you need to do is best for you, first. Yeah it'll suck to see the board close but if it's a chore for you and no longer as fun as it once was you should focus on where your real interest are. Whether that means stepping down or closing the board I don't know because it seems like there is someone that would step up as the comic books have a pretty large fanbase but on this site I don't know if that's the case. While comic books and super hero stuff is a large medium it being X-Files limits it quite a lot and has the possibility of having less range of conversation.

Stay happy
Old 07-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If there is interest great but think I am done being moderator here - not sure what that will do to the board cause I know of atleast one person or even more that come to the board cause I'm moderator

Think need to move on where been here since the board opened 3 years ago and was first moderator where would be 3 years in September where it was my first board in my "new era" where I had been a moderator YEARS ago

I have such a large love for X-Men but do feel I'm done even if the board where to remain open. If I leave, than will probably still post but not have to worry of the burden
Old 07-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

what board closure talk I can post in more threads if that helps.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
what board closure talk I can post in more threads if that helps.
It can help if anybody wants to take over for me cause I think I'm ready to step down

I used the official board closure template but it was more towards the effect of wanting to express my feelings and see if interest was out there to keep it open

Than since making this thread moved it one step further of wanting to step down
Old 07-15-2017, 02:42 PM
Administrator

If anyone is interested in stepping up to moderate this board and keep in going, please contact me.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
If anyone is interested in stepping up to moderate this board and keep in going, please contact me.
I strongly suggest that anybody interested for taking over for me give it a really thought otherwise the board will close because I've officially made my decision to step down

The board has potential especially with live-action shows and seeming many future films to come...its just something that comes from being here from opening day and being the first moderator - that I've tried but its just a burden now the board, I want to move on

If somebody wants to take over I'll try to still come to the board but I just don't want to be moderator anymore
Old 07-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

We can open a position and hope that someone applies?

But as you know, my X-Men love is limited to 4-5 of them so I don't think it would be appropriate for me personally to apply.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Old 07-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sarah this is sad to hear but I understand if you feel it is the right thing for you to do
Old 07-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Em At this point it is finally, cause so many times it had crossed my mind where I finally am just done and made up my mind
Old 07-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can tell its been a decision you haven't taken lightly and given a lot of thought
Old 07-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by together for life (View Post)
I can tell its been a decision you haven't taken lightly and given a lot of thought
Been off and on for past 2 years or longer but came more focused around when I closed BSG where decided to give some more time but I'm 100% set on stepping down