Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haven't seen the one with Eric Bana
Old 03-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's slow and involved, but the action is more straightforward and real and the cast are good. It's a more thoughtful film than most Marvel-based films, because Ang Lee approached it seriously. It's very unpopular, because it's not what people expected from a superhero movie.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I appreciated what Ang Lee was trying to do with the story. I think the whole thing with Bruce and his dad is what may have thrown people. How did Bruce's dad become The Absorbing Man? That's a Thor villain. And Eric Bana was a bit buff for "puny Banner," whose physical limitations were part of the reason for his insecurity and rage. But I do think the film had potential. It was totally incompatible with the MCU, however, as it was in an Avengers-less universe. I did like Jennifer Connelly over Liv Tyler as Betty Ross.

Back to topic, here's an idea of what Scott might've come home to.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's hot
Old 03-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Forgive me for all the threesome fantasies I put Scott and Jean in. He gets so much crap I figure he deserves it.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:32 PM
I am a basketball genius!

What do you mean he gets so much crap?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Scott gets dumped on a lot, in the comics and in the movies. He's been treated really badly by the writers, and the movies totally disrespected him. And there are fans and websites that diss him all the time.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I didn't know that, but I haven't all the X-Men films or read a ton of the comics. He's 1 of my faovorite X-Men.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I didn't know that, but I haven't all the X-Men films or read a ton of the comics. He's 1 of my faovorite X-Men.
He's mine too. But they really downplayed him in the movies, as well as his relationship with Jean, and then killed him off in X-3. They never portrayed him as the leader and main character that he is in the comics, and basically pushed him aside in favor of Wolverine. Apocalypse was the first time the movies actually tried to get Cyclops right and give him his due.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, I appreciated what Ang Lee was trying to do with the story. I think the whole thing with Bruce and his dad is what may have thrown people. How did Bruce's dad become The Absorbing Man? That's a Thor villain. And Eric Bana was a bit buff for "puny Banner," whose physical limitations were part of the reason for his insecurity and rage. But I do think the film had potential. It was totally incompatible with the MCU, however, as it was in an Avengers-less universe. I did like Jennifer Connelly over Liv Tyler as Betty Ross.
Well Bruce's dad was shown to be a pivotal figure in Bruce's development back in the Peter David run on the comic. And I don't know about Eric Bana being too buff for Banner. There's been plenty of times when the comics have portrayed Banner as quite muscular. Even Captain America is going to be puny by the Hulk's standards. Banner's physical limitations feeding into his rage were first and foremost relevant with regard to his childhood and his relationship with his abusive father who killed his mother -that's straight from the Peter David comics to Ang Lee's movie. Yes, I liked Jennifer Connelly as Betty. She's always good.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea he really was downplayed in the original trilogy movies especially his relationship with Jean
Old 03-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bruce Banner's relationship with Jean?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Bruce Banner's relationship with Jean?
No, I think Sarah was referring to Scott's relationship with Jean being downplayed in the original X-Men trilogy.

And I totally agree with you about Bruce's dad being integral to his childhood insecurities and his rage, sum1. The abuse that Bruce suffered from his father has a lot to do with who he is as The Hulk and as a scientist. But I was referring to Ang Lee's movie making Bruce's dad the supervillain antagonist as well. Again, how did he become The Absorbing Man? That's the power and identity of Thor villain Carl "Crusher" Creel(whose nickname sounds suspiciously similar to the wrestler that Peter Parker fought in his origin story), and his power came from Asgardian enchantment, not gamma radiation.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea Jean's relations with Scott sorry - was trying to get us sorta back on topic

Old 03-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Sarah.

Hot pics of Famke!