Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh Alex I'll give you hair!color but seriously related to eye color

Gal is just a goddess herself made to play the role

Looks and man when I watched it as a woman felt so capatived and empowered to be a woman She had the whole package that she makes HER wonder woman. No one else could have played her

Don't shoot me but actually shipping WonderBat [Diana|Bruce]
Old 08-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you, Sarah. I'm just stating that in the comics, Diana has blue eyes, that's all. And so did Lynda Carter when she played her on TV.

It's okay, Sarah. I shipped WonderBat for a time, but it's difficult when Bruce has so many love interests. I also ship him with Selina Kyle and Barbara Gordon.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Selina absolutely but never seen anything of Bruce|Barbara

Speaking of Bruce I really hope Ben isn't outted as Batman|Bruce actually really really like him
Old 08-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Bruce/Barbara has been shown in animation, mostly. And a few comics here and there. And then there's Talia al Ghul, Bruce's baby mom.

I haven't heard anything about that, Sarah. But at Ben's age he can't play Batman for very long.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Talia Dark Knight Rises but was total Bruce|Selina

Aka cartoons haven't seen = seen all movies

I still want a good amount of Ben as Bruce As of late, haven't been much into him and was one of those before BvS that was like but MAN did he surprise me
Old 08-20-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ben Affleck is the best Batman yet. He made the character much more interesting and relatable.

The way movies work these days, Ben can play Batman until he's about 60.

Talia in Dark Knight rises was crap. Marion is too artificial and shallow in her acting. Fails to give Talia the necessary strength.

Anne Hathaway was great in her Catwoman role. Best Catwoman yet. She really got the competence, complexity and fierce, lively spirit of the character.

Lynda Carter was useless as Wonder Woman on tv. So stiff and artificial. Also, her Wonder Woman can't compete with Gal in the area of looks either. Of course, the stiffness and artificality may not have been so much her fault, more a reflection of the stilted way some types of female characters were portrayed onscreen back.

Last edited by sum1; 08-20-2017 at 07:19 PM
Old 08-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm reposting this from the what are you watching thread, to generate discussion (some people will see it here, some people will see it there):

Watched some Marvel tv trailers. Did this some months back too. It's how I get an idea of what the shows are like, apart from being familiar withy many of the actors and knowing the characters. I've learned to be able to tell a lot from a trailer.

I must disagree with Sarah about Jessica Jones. I like the actress and she's good. She was good in Breaking Bad, even though her character was an eejit (feeding Jesse heroin). I like the actress's style, her offhand, ironic, bored attitude. The show looks like one of the most promising of the shows. The other good one is Luke Cage. Good actor there. Convincing. Iron Fist and Daredevil of course have lead actors who are way too soft and wimpy to be playing those characters. Not very good actors either. Oh and Defenders looks like it might be good too, thanks to the presence of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. They cast Scott Glenn as Stick, who's a legendary Daredevil character, and that's very good casting.

Also watched trailers for Legion and Agents of Shield, both of which looked like crap. I can't relate to that Dan Stevens guy and he doesn't fit the role. The whole way the show is made, the ambience of it, etc, is all wrong and weak. Agents of Shield looks like the weak tv cousin of the worst MCU movies. Waste of time.

I've been keeping away from superhero shows, because there's far too many of them, but I'm considering getting into Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and The Defenders sometime. Daredevil and Iron Fist can go off.

Btw, has anybody noticed how Charlie Cox looks awful in that Daredevil mask? His head bulges so much, it just doesn't look right on him. Plus I can't stand how the show's Elektra sounds when she talks.

On the DC front, I rewatched the trailer for Gotham, which I watched some months back. The guy from The OC is good, but DC's villains are a pain. So camp and silly.

Last edited by sum1; 08-20-2017 at 06:50 PM
Old 08-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I haven't watched any of the Netflix shows, as I don't have Netflix, so I really can't comment on those.

Well, I'm not really a fan of Ben Affleck in anything, sum1. He's never been a favorite actor of mine, so I'm gonna wait and see who the next Batman actor is, whenever that happens. But if Ben goes longer than three films I'll be surprised. Not counting Batman v Superman.

Well, I wasn't talking about Talia from TDKR, sum1. I agree that Marion Cotillard was totally miscast in that role, and it was mostly due to her being in Inception that Nolan cast her. I would've preferred Eva Green, but that's just me. But I was speaking more of Talia in the comics, and perhaps most recently as portrayed by Lexa Doig on Arrow. I actually did like that version of Talia, although it's weird seeing Batman's baby mom in the Arrowverse where Batman doesn't exist.

Oh, Anne was awesome as Catwoman! I just didn't like the fact that Nolan refused to refer to her as Catwoman. He really had a problem with even having her in the movie from what I recall, but it was his brother, Jonathan Nolan, who is often his co-writer on his films, that convinced him that Selina belonged in the series. But I did feel that Nolan was somewhat sexist in that he has a guy dressed in a bat costume calling himself Batman, another guy named Scarecrow, and even Two Face and The Joker, but he won't allow Selina to be called Catwoman? There's only one reference to her being called the "Cat" burglar in a newspaper article and that's it. She's not even listed as Catwoman in the credits. Fing Nolan.

Wow, you didn't like Lynda Carter, sum1? She was a feminist icon as Wonder Woman back in the 70's. Oh well....

And when did this become the DC thread?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of Ben Affleck in anything, sum1.
Ben is an exceedingly talented and underrated actor.

Quote:
Well, I wasn't talking about Talia from TDKR, sum1.
No, but Sarah was, which is why I commented on her.

I like Lexa Doig. You might be interested to know she's part Scottish.

Quote:
Wow, you didn't like Lynda Carter, sum1? She was a feminist icon as Wonder Woman back in the 70's. Oh well....
Just goes to show they didn't have a wealth of good female tv characters to make feminist icons out of back then. Her Wonder Woman just doesn't stand upwhen judged by modern standards. And even back in the early '80s when I first saw that version of Wonder Woman on tv I knew something wasn't right about her. They didn't have enough confidence in women as strong action heroes back in the '70s, so they had trouble rendering them convincingly onscreen.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lexia was remarkable from what we got - could have taken more but did like her on Arrow

sum JJ had nothing to do with the casting cause David was remarkable and creepy as Killjoy - it was just the feel of the show. The actress was remarkable in the role - the show just didn't trigger anything for me even if you include the remarkable casting

I'm fine if you wanna make it DC|Marvel - a lot of the boards that I'm doing for comics [Wentworth] we've combined into Superheroes of both

Ben over the years never classified him under "favorite actor" but I have here and there enjoyed his movies
Old 08-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kilgrave, not Killjoy. And David Tennant's overrated, but he was very good in that role.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't know that about Lexa, sum1. I loved her in Andromeda. She'd make a great Marvel character.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So when did I say I didn't like the actress anytime was meaning the show when said didn't like Jessica Jones - not the character or actress
Old 08-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just don't know what the big deal is about Jessica Jones. They give her a Netflix show but cut Janet Van Dyne completely out of the Avengers movies? Kevin Feige can go f himself.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend