Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2021, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Nah, I don't think Jennifer Lawrence has shown any interest in the MCU, dragonfire. She's said that after X-Men she's not doing any more franchise movies.

Disney should be ashamed for a lot of things.
I see.

Yep.

Quote:
Comic Book
Marvel's What If..? Writers Were Given One Rule for Using Spider-Man
When it comes to Hollywood, the film and television rights to Spider-Man become pretty messy. Sony owns the feature film rights to the ...
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/wh...n-sony-rights/
Old 08-08-2021, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Disney is a disgrace.
Old 08-08-2021, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, sum1.

Thanks, dragonfire.

I really hate all these damn rules for using Spider-Man because of Sony. If only Fox had bought Marvel entirely back in the 1990s we could've avoided all of this crap.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks, dragonfire.

I really hate all these damn rules for using Spider-Man because of Sony. If only Fox had bought Marvel entirely back in the 1990s we could've avoided all of this crap.
No problem.

I see.

Quote:
Comic Book
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Will Be the Last One for James Gunn and Dave Bautista
We've heard time and time again that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is likely James Gunn's last film with the franchise.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/gu...dave-bautista/

Quote:
Comic Book
James Gunn Teases Major Deaths in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
After killing off DC Comics characters in The Suicide Squad, James Gunn teases another major Marvel death when he returns for Guardians of...
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ja...-galaxy-vol-3/
Old 08-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gunn is a twerp.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, sum1.

Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm glad this will be Gunn's final comic book movie. The Suicide Squad flopped, again, due to releasing the damn movie on streaming at the same time as in cinema. WTF are they thinking?
Old 08-10-2021, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm glad this will be Gunn's final comic book movie. The Suicide Squad flopped, again, due to releasing the damn movie on streaming at the same time as in cinema. WTF are they thinking?
No problem. Not his final comic book movie. His final GOTG movie. To be fair we are still in the middle of the pandemic.

We'll see if streaming is the main one to blame when Shang-Chi gets release next month for only theaters.

Quote:
Digital Spy
Dwayne Johnson has spoken with Marvel boss about an MCU role
Dwayne Johnson is one of cinema's busiest actors, so you'd think that somewhere in his lengthy list of credits there'd be a Marvel movie or ...
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...oken-mcu-role/

Quote:
Movieweb
Captain America Twitter Trades Sam Wilson for Captain Carter, and Some MCU Fans Hate It
The official Captain America Twitter account has replaced Sam Wilson with Peggy Carter to promote her appearance in What If...?.
https://movieweb.com/captain-america...fan-reactions/

Quote:
Screen Rant
Spider-Man & Doctor Strange Team-Up At Center Of No Way Home Promo Art
Doctor Strange and Spider-Man team up in new promotional art for the highly anticipated third Tom Holland led webslinger movie slated for...
https://screenrant.com/spiderman-no-...ge-art-images/
Old 08-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm glad this will be Gunn's final comic book movie. The Suicide Squad flopped, again, due to releasing the damn movie on streaming at the same time as in cinema. WTF are they thinking?
Suicide Squad wasn't a flop the first time. It was a big box office success. It was just the critics that disliked it. The new film I don't much about, though.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Suicide Squad wasn't a flop the first time. It was a big box office success. It was just the critics that disliked it. The new film I don't much about, though.
I know, sum1. When I said "again," I was not referring to the first Suicide Squad film, I was referring to Black Widow, the last comic book movie that was released on streaming at the same time as in cinemas. I think that's killing box office returns.

Shang Chi won't be streamed at the same time of its cinematic release, dragonfire? Well, I guess we will see, won't we?

Actually, James Gunn did say that Guardians 3 will be his final comic book movie. He said that after The Suicide Squad and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 he's done with comic book movies.

Uh, why does the Captain America Twitter account even have Sam Wilson in the first place? Is that exclusively for the MCU? Because Steve Rogers is still Captain America in the comics, and Sam Wilson will only be Captain America in the MCU as long as the Anthony Mackie is under contract. When he leaves the role there's no reason for that to remain, because Sam Wilson's stint as Captain America in the comics was short-lived, as was Bucky's. As for Peggy Carter, she should die and stay dead.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Shang Chi won't be streamed at the same time of its cinematic release, dragonfire? Well, I guess we will see, won't we?

Actually, James Gunn did say that Guardians 3 will be his final comic book movie. He said that after The Suicide Squad and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 he's done with comic book movies.

Uh, why does the Captain America Twitter account even have Sam Wilson in the first place? Is that exclusively for the MCU? Because Steve Rogers is still Captain America in the comics, and Sam Wilson will only be Captain America in the MCU as long as the Anthony Mackie is under contract. When he leaves the role there's no reason for that to remain, because Sam Wilson's stint as Captain America in the comics was short-lived, as was Bucky's. As for Peggy Carter, she should die and stay dead.
Nope. Yep.

Well, Walter Hamada the guy over DC movies already said Gunn will be back, and to be honest how many times have directors have said this movie, or that movie will be their last of a franchise only to end up returning for more?

Yes, I think it's for the MCU. Contract? Feige already confirmed that they're doing away with the contracts for extended movies.

I see.

Oh, speaking of Peggy Carter. Not only are they promoting Captain Carter, but Steggy as well for the What If? episode.

Plus seems back in June/July Feige did an interview about Sharon as the Power Broker, and he said the response to it was great, and ever since that interview Sharon fans have been worry what's the next thing he'll to her to ruin her character even more.

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly
Watch Peggy Carter become the first Avenger in sneak peek at Marvel's 'What If…?'
Get an exclusive sneak peek at Marvel's 'What If…?' that shows Peggy Carter becoming the first Avenger — and find out what more to expect...
https://ew.com/tv/marvel-what-if-pre...bryan-andrews/

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter
‘What If…?’ Writer and Director on Their Last Call with Chadwick Boseman and a Captain Carter Movie
A.C. Bradley and Bryan Andrews pull back the curtain on Marvel Studios' first animated series, which features Boseman's final work in the...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...er-1234995760/
Old 08-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I'm glad they're doing away with contracts. Hopefully actors won't be tied to the MCU anymore.

OMG, why are they making such a big deal about Peggy Carter? Nobody gave a damn about her before the MCU. She wasn't even in the comics except for The Invaders.

That figures that it's an MCU Twitter account. Steve Rogers needs his own Twitter account, though, because Marvel is launching a new Captain America/Iron Man limited series where Steve and Tony team up.

Feige's full of He only cares about the response from Steggy-humping MCU fans, not real comic book fans.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well I'm glad they're doing away with contracts. Hopefully actors won't be tied to the MCU anymore.

OMG, why are they making such a big deal about Peggy Carter? Nobody gave a damn about her before the MCU. She wasn't even in the comics except for The Invaders.

That figures that it's an MCU Twitter account. Steve Rogers needs his own Twitter account, though, because Marvel is launching a new Captain America/Iron Man limited series where Steve and Tony team up.

Feige's full of He only cares about the response from Steggy-humping MCU fans, not real comic book fans.
Yep.

Yep. I see.

I see, and in that interview he also said in Civil War Sharon got the short end of the stick, and she was left out in the cold.

Quote:
Collider
Captain Marvel 2 The Marvels Is In Production
The Marvels, Marvel's upcoming sequel to 2019's Captain Marvel, is now in production.
https://collider.com/captain-marvel-...art-set-image/

Quote:
Polygon
What If’s Captain Carter episode and Steve reveal was a Marvel priority
Actress Hayley Atwell once again plays Peggy (or her voice) in Marvel Studios' new animated Disney Plus show What If, which imagines Captain...
https://www.polygon.com/22620158/wha...e-marvel-story

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter
Tom Hardy “Would Do Anything” to Make MCU Spider-Man and Venom Crossover Happen
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1234996082/
Old 08-12-2021, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the info, dragonfire.

Oh, is that what he said? Well, that wouldn't have happened if Sharon was in The Avengers and was teamed up with Steve in The Winter Soldier instead of Black Widow.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the info, dragonfire.

Oh, is that what he said? Well, that wouldn't have happened if Sharon was in The Avengers and was teamed up with Steve in The Winter Soldier instead of Black Widow.
No problem.

Yep. I see.

Quote:
Variety
‘Venom: Let There Be Carnage’ Has Been Delayed Again
Sony Pictures announced plans to delay the theatrical release of 'Venom: Let There Be Carnage.'
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/v...ge-1235037720/
Old 08-13-2021, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay. Thanks for the Venom info.