Old 07-31-2021, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Other Marvel Characters Thread #20

Previoius thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f135/other-m...19-a-63251722/
Old 07-31-2021, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
You know, in a certain branch of Dublin slang a "ring" is an arsehole.
Thanks for telling us, sum1. Maybe Shang Chi will flop as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Thanks.

Thanks again. No problem. I know. They probably will.

Thanks for telling us her name Sum.

Well, considering they also brought back Cable, and had kid Cable go away. Maybe they are Alex.

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly
Exclusive: Clint Barton finally meets Kate Bishop in 'Hawkeye' first look
Jeremy Renner previews the upcoming Disney+ series — which premieres Nov. 24 — and working with costar Hailee Steinfeld.
https://ew.com/tv/hawkeye-first-look...lee-steinfeld/

Quote:
IGN
Marvel's Shang-Chi Gets a New Poster and Featurette - IGN
A new poster for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has been revealed along with a new featurette.
https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-...rette-released

Thanks for all that, dragonfire. Yep, I do hope more lawsuits against Disney happen.

Oh, they brought back Cable? Maybe they are listening to fans.

Let's see if Shang Chi flops and creates more embarrassment for Disney and Marvel .
Old 08-01-2021, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Thanks for all that, dragonfire. Yep, I do hope more lawsuits against Disney happen.

Oh, they brought back Cable? Maybe they are listening to fans.

Let's see if Shang Chi flops and creates more embarrassment for Disney and Marvel .
No problem. Oh, I wouldn't be surprise if more happens.

Yes, recently kid Cable went away, and was replaced by Cable. Plus the future Cable came from seems that maybe he's with one of Emma Frost's Daughters that Kid Cable dated.

Maybe.

I think what would be an embarrassment would be if China don't allow it to release in China, and same for Eternals which since it seems the director of Eternals said some stuff about China it wouldn't be a surprise if that happens.

Seems China already starting to do that to Disney with them still not releasing Black Widow in China, and to be honest after all the pandering Disney did for China, China giving the big finger to Disney is priceless.

Like that's the ultimate embarrassment for Disney.

Quote:
Movieweb
Zendaya Is Unsure of Her Future at Marvel After Bittersweet Spider-Man: No Way Home
The actress revealed that filming the latest Spider-Man movie has left her unsure of whether she will be back in the MCU again or not.
https://movieweb.com/spider-man-no-w...-zendaya-fate/

Quote:
Movieweb
Kevin Feige Is Watching Alfred Molina After He Leaked Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoilers
Marvel boss Kevin Feige has not forgotten Spider-Man star Alfred Molina's loose lips regarding Spider-Man: No Way Home spoilers.
https://movieweb.com/spider-man-no-w...a-kevin-feige/
Old 08-01-2021, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay for bringing back the real Cable.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yay for bringing back the real Cable.
Yep.

Also I forgot to mention this in my previous post. TFTNT Alex.

You know I do find it amusing that Disney is becoming like the butt of jokes so to speak, and I'm glad I was actually wrong when I said releasing Widow on Disney+ didn't backfire on them.

Quote:
GamesRadar
The Power Pack kids are returning soon with new Marvel series by their original creators
Power Pack creators Louise Simonson and June Brigman are working together on a new limited series for the adolescent team at Marvel Comics.
https://www.gamesradar.com/the-power...inal-creators/
Old 08-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

The '80s Power Pack comics were good, but later they screwed around with their powers and messed them up. One notable point was that June Brigman knew how to draw kids, unlike John Byrne, who just drew Franklin Richards like he'd been sat on.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, sum1. I didn't like it when the Power Pack kids got their powers all switched around. You're also right about the drawings. It seems every kid in the Marvel Universe has to look like Franklin Richards.

You're welcome, dragonfire. Thanks for all the info.

OMG, Cable is with one of Emma's daughters? Emma has daughters? Scott might take a shot at one.

Oh, that would be poetic justice given everything that's gone on with China. Marvel's been bowing down to China for years, which is why they did that crap with the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 that fans hated. It is ironic that China is now sticking it to Marvel after Marvel compromised themselves for so long to cater to China.

Well, I knew that Disney releasing Black Widow in theaters and Disney+ would come back to bite them, dragonfire. I'm glad that you're glad you were wrong about that, but it seemed obvious to me.

I wouldn't mind Zendaya leaving the MCU. Now we just need Tom to leave as well and replace him with an older Peter who can be with Felicia Hardy or Mary Jane Watson. Or both.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

You're welcome, dragonfire. Thanks for all the info.

OMG, Cable is with one of Emma's daughters? Emma has daughters? Scott might take a shot at one.

Oh, that would be poetic justice given everything that's gone on with China. Marvel's been bowing down to China for years, which is why they did that crap with the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 that fans hated. It is ironic that China is now sticking it to Marvel after Marvel compromised themselves for so long to cater to China.

Well, I knew that Disney releasing Black Widow in theaters and Disney+ would come back to bite them, dragonfire. I'm glad that you're glad you were wrong about that, but it seemed obvious to me.

I wouldn't mind Zendaya leaving the MCU. Now we just need Tom to leave as well and replace him with an older Peter who can be with Felicia Hardy or Mary Jane Watson. Or both.
Thanks again. No problem.

Maybe. Yes, the Step Cuckoo Sisters are seen as her Daughters. Nah, I think back then they saw Cyclops as a father-figure so to speak.

Indeed. It's not just Marvel. It's Disney as a whole that's been doing that. Also having female actresses sticking to Disney because they won't pay them is poetic as well because Disney tried to put on an image that they respect women rights.

Like it's fantastic that the fake image is being expose so to speak.

I see. Yep.

I got a better one. Sony takes Spidey out of the MCU which considering what's happening with Disney now, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they did.

Then if Chapek can get Perlmutter back which is the guy who almost cause Feige to leave Disney. Then I imagine Feige would actually leave this time, and with Perlmutter running it again it probably wouldn't be long until the MCU bombs for good.

Honestly so far from what I read, and heard about Chapek? It seems the word to best describe him is cheap similar to the Salkinds in a way, and those are the best kinds to cause empires like Disney to fall down like a house of cards.

Quote:
Comic Book
Marvel Fans Celebrate Spider-Man Day
Spider-Man fans are celebrating Spider-Man day all over social media and the fan art has been outstanding. Why is August 1st a celebration ...
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/sp...y-marvel-fans/
Old 08-02-2021, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

If Disney respected women they'd have given Black Widow a film years ago, they'd have given Rey a personality and they wouldn't have squashed Leia in the Sequel Trilogy.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
If Disney respected women they'd have given Black Widow a film years ago, they'd have given Rey a personality and they wouldn't have squashed Leia in the Sequel Trilogy.
I agree. I really cannot stand Disney anymore.

You're welcome, dragonfire. Oh yeah, I forgot about the Stepford Cuckoos. Lucky bastard. Cyclops should be proud of his son.

Well, I have my own issues with Disney that have nothing to do with any of that, dragonfire, so you know I really don't care who's sticking it to them or why, I'm just glad that it happens.

Well, I think their image wasn't fake back when I was a kid, but ever since the 1990s I think they've gotten power hungry and drunk on their success. What they've done to Lucasfilm, Marvel, and 20th Century Fox is despicable.

Oh yeah, I remember that Feige almost quit Marvel Studios, and I wish he had. I don't want the MCU to bomb, just to be run better.

Oh man, comparing that guy to the Salkinds is really low. Those guys sucked.

There's a Spider-Man day? Man, there's a day for everything these days.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree. I really cannot stand Disney anymore.

You're welcome, dragonfire. Oh yeah, I forgot about the Stepford Cuckoos. Lucky bastard. Cyclops should be proud of his son.

Well, I have my own issues with Disney that have nothing to do with any of that, dragonfire, so you know I really don't care who's sticking it to them or why, I'm just glad that it happens.

Well, I think their image wasn't fake back when I was a kid, but ever since the 1990s I think they've gotten power hungry and drunk on their success. What they've done to Lucasfilm, Marvel, and 20th Century Fox is despicable.

Oh yeah, I remember that Feige almost quit Marvel Studios, and I wish he had. I don't want the MCU to bomb, just to be run better.

Oh man, comparing that guy to the Salkinds is really low. Those guys sucked.

There's a Spider-Man day? Man, there's a day for everything these days.
Thanks again. Yep. I wouldn't be surprise if he is.

I see.

I don't know if the 90s was when it started. Maybe when they bought Marvel? I know.

Yep, and I know. Oh, ok.

Well, when I hear the word cheap those guys, and Saban are the first things I think of.

Seems Chapek's previous experience is Disney consumer products, parks and resorts.

The fact Disney has him as Iger's successor maybe gives an idea what the future of Disney could look like, like for one cheap.

Like I wouldn't put it past them if to avoid actors suing them for breach of contracts they eventually hire unknowns who they can pay in peanuts, and can't sue them.

Now, if they do go the cheap route then Perlmutter would see eye to eye with them because seems that's the way he liked to run Marvel.

Yep. Yep.

You're right Sum.

Quote:
Scarlett Johansson Lawsuit Blamed On New Disney CEO In New Report
A report on Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow lawsuit blames Disney CEO Bob Chapek, with some saying Bob Iger would've handled it better.
https://screenrant.com/black-widow-l...chapek-disney/

Quote:
Scarlett Johansson Shocked By Disney's Statement About Black Widow Lawsuit
Scarlett Johansson was shocked by Disney's response to the Black Widow lawsuit as much as many others in the industry were after the news broke.
https://screenrant.com/black-widow-l...ment-response/
Old 08-03-2021, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spider Man day?
Old 08-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There's also a Batman day, sum1. Hey, at least there's no Boba Fett day.

Hi, dragonfire! You're welcome!

Actually, I think Disney's attitude began before they bought Disney. It was after they bought Pixar in the 1990s that they got all weird.

Saban and Sunbow too.

That's what Chapek did before? This guy should not have anything to do with Marvel either. They can do whatever he wants with Disney as long as it doesn't touch Marvel.

I'm actually surprised they didn't hire unknowns to begin with.

Perlmutter and Marvel were always cheapskates back in the 1990s and 2000swith Blade and Daredevil.

Oh, I love all the passing of the buck that's going on with Marvel now with Johansson.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! You're welcome!

Actually, I think Disney's attitude began before they bought Disney. It was after they bought Pixar in the 1990s that they got all weird.

Saban and Sunbow too.

That's what Chapek did before? This guy should not have anything to do with Marvel either. They can do whatever he wants with Disney as long as it doesn't touch Marvel.

I'm actually surprised they didn't hire unknowns to begin with.

Perlmutter and Marvel were always cheapskates back in the 1990s and 2000swith Blade and Daredevil.

Oh, I love all the passing of the buck that's going on with Marvel now with Johansson.
Hey Alex. Thanks again.

I see.

Yep.

Seems like it. It's already touching Marvel.

It won't surprise me if they do that with The X-Men because well you don't really need high A-listers, or well known actors to play characters like Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Rogue, Kitty, Nightcrawler, etc. etc.

1990s huh? Well, considering 90s history is repeating itself maybe the cheapskates stuff is meant to return to Marvel.

If anything what's happening with Disney is entertaining to see.

Quote:
IGN
Peggy Carter's Captain Britain Will Appear in Every Season of Marvel's What If...? - IGN
Captain Carter will be likely be Marvel Studios' first take on the comic book hero Captain Britain. In What If...?, she is a multiversal ...
https://www.ign.com/articles/peggy-c...marvel-what-if

Quote:
Screen Rant
Peggy Carter Replaces Captain America In Marvel’s What If Poster
The multiverse is bleeding through in the newest poster for Marvel's What If...?, which sees Peggy Carter step into Captain America's shoes. By ...
https://screenrant.com/marvel-what-i...-peggy-carter/

Quote:
Den of Geek
Marvel's What If...? Creators Talk Peggy Carter's MCU Future
Peggy Carter is Captain Carter in Marvel's What If...? Photo: Marvel. 2016 was an emotional rollercoaster for those Marvel fans who were ...
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvel-...er-mcu-future/
Old 08-03-2021, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

To hell with Peggy Carter. She's another bloody Gwen Stacy. The important characters are Sharon Carter and Mary Jane Watson.