Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for all the info, dragonfire!

I can't see the pic you posted in the spoiler tags.

Great, so the Homecoming guy is gonna do FF? I can already see him making the FF a diverse, multicultural foursome.

I can't believe they're not gonna recast T'Challa. He's the ONLY Black Panther.
No problem.

Really? I just checked and I can see it.

Yep. Oh, I been expecting that, and same for the X-Men which I see no problem with it but I know that's just my opinion.

I'm actually glad about that. Recasting would mean ignoring what happened in real life. Like instead of pretending with a recast, the movie can reflect the reality.

Quote:
Deadline
Sif Returns To The MCU: Jaimie Alexander To Reprise Role In ‘Thor: Love And Thunder’
Sources tell Deadline Alexander will return to the next installment in the Thor series, Thor: Love And Thunder and will also recur on the Disney+ ...
https://deadline.com/2020/12/sif-mcu...ki-1234655160/
Old 12-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Spider Man: Homecumming was pretty dreadful.

Thanks for the links, dragonfire. And never mind, I can see it now. Interesting design on the 4.

Of course you see no problem with it. You've spent your entire youth being told you shouldn't have a problem with it. But it's still disrespecting the vision of the writer who created the character, not to mention it often defies logic. Remember the last FF reboot? They made Johnny a black character for no good reason, yet his sister Susan was still white. WTF is that about? How does that make sense? I say, just adapt the characters to the screen as they are on the page. It's not necessary to alter all the characters to "represent" because the characters are reflective of the writers. You should respect the writers' vision because the characters belong to them, and altering them for reasons that have nothing to do with storytelling is bad storytelling. If people want diversity they need to write their own stories and create their own characters.

Movies shouldn't reflect reality, they're meant to be an escape from reality. And the actor died, not the character. You can't kill off the character just because the actor dies. There wouldn't be any superheroes left if they did that.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for the links, dragonfire. And never mind, I can see it now. Interesting design on the 4.

Of course you see no problem with it. You've spent your entire youth being told you shouldn't have a problem with it. But it's still disrespecting the vision of the writer who created the character, not to mention it often defies logic. Remember the last FF reboot? They made Johnny a black character for no good reason, yet his sister Susan was still white. WTF is that about? How does that make sense? I say, just adapt the characters to the screen as they are on the page. It's not necessary to alter all the characters to "represent" because the characters are reflective of the writers. You should respect the writers' vision because the characters belong to them, and altering them for reasons that have nothing to do with storytelling is bad storytelling. If people want diversity they need to write their own stories and create their own characters.

Movies shouldn't reflect reality, they're meant to be an escape from reality. And the actor died, not the character. You can't kill off the character just because the actor dies. There wouldn't be any superheroes left if they did that.
No problem. Good.

Ok?

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Will the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Include Santa Claus, Marvel's Most Powerful Mutant?
During the Walt Disney Company's Investor Day 2020 event on Thursday fans were hit with some major announcements from every corner of ...
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/gu...l-santa-claus/

Quote:
Screen Rant
Marvel Releases First Official Video Of Hailee Steinfeld As Kate Bishop
Marvel has released the first official footage of Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop in Hawkeye. The Disney+ series will follow Clint Barton (Jeremy ...
https://screenrant.com/hawkeye-kate-...ootage-marvel/
Old 12-13-2020, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay. I guess that's just gonna be your answer.

Oh, so Santa Claus is a mutant now?
Old 12-14-2020, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Okay. I guess that's just gonna be your answer.

Oh, so Santa Claus is a mutant now?
Yep.

It seems Santa as a Mutant is from the 1991 Marvel Holiday Special.

You know it would be ironic if they do what you said about MCU F4, but they don't do the same to MCU X-Men.

Like can you imagine people's reaction if the cast of MCU X-Men isn't like what people are expecting?

Ok, the new Spidey 3 rumor is so hilarious that it's probably true.

Spoiler:

Last edited by dragonfire; 12-14-2020 at 12:03 PM
Old 12-14-2020, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh that sounds like crap.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, that 1991 thing. Thanks for reminding me.

Well, they can't do One More Day unless they have Mary Jane Watson, not "Michelle." Look, dragonfire, if Zendaya's character doesn't exist in the comics, then I don't care about her. She's not there for storytelling purposes, she's there for political correctness crap.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, that 1991 thing. Thanks for reminding me.

Well, they can't do One More Day unless they have Mary Jane Watson, not "Michelle." Look, dragonfire, if Zendaya's character doesn't exist in the comics, then I don't care about her. She's not there for storytelling purposes, she's there for political correctness crap.
No problem.

Ok.

It's also rumor that
Spoiler:

It does Sum but this is the MCU Spidey movies we're talking about here.

For now I expect the MCU F4 will be like the MCU Spidey movies.

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Kevin Feige: Marvel Studios Shows Make the MCU “More Immersive Than Ever”
Marvel chief creative officer Kevin Feige says the Marvel Studios slate, which expands onto television for the first time with an arsenal of ...
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...stor-day-2020/
Old 12-15-2020, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bored to hell of the MCU. How could it be "immersive"?
Old 12-15-2020, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

I forgot to mention that it's also rumored that
Spoiler:
Old 12-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Feige is an idiot. "More immersive?" Try oversaturated. Again, this guy is no storyteller. He's a studio executive who likes to think he's an artist, but he's got no training or experience in writing or directing.

Sounds like a multiverse MCU, dragonfire.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Feige is an idiot. "More immersive?" Try oversaturated. Again, this guy is no storyteller. He's a studio executive who likes to think he's an artist, but he's got no training or experience in writing or directing.

Sounds like a multiverse MCU, dragonfire.
Ok.

Maybe more like a Spidey verse.

Quote:
Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Studios Announces New Series Debuting Exclusively on Disney+
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...es-disney-plus
Old 12-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Church was a good Sandman.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Church was a good Sandman.
Yep.

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing New Deals With Talent in Case of Streaming Debuts
Marvel Studios is reportedly exploring new contract negotiations that would outline both theatrical and streaming compensation plans for MCU ...
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ma...s-movies-deal/
Old 12-16-2020, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, sum1.

Thanks, dragonfire. I think a Spider-Verse would already complicate the MCU.