Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2020, 03:39 AM
  #181
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 112,335
Evan Peters as Mephisto? Seriously?
__________________
Icon by csilla_graphics

tuck frump
"We are all just exhausted with this worthless man."
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:45 PM
  #182
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 247,805
I agree, sum1. It's really bizarre casting, but then so was Benicio Del Toro as The Collector, Jeff Goldblum as The Grandmaster, Sylvester Stallone as Starhawk, and Kurt Russell as Ego, the Living Planet.

Peter did just fine against Osborne without the help of the Avengers anyway, dragonfire. The difference is that it was 20-something Peter who defeated him, not the punk teenager.

Oh no, no Lion King analogies, please.

I figured Marvel had the rights to Jessica Drew because she's technically not connected to Peter Parker's storyline in the comics, she's the creation of the High Evolutionary(who has also been criminally excluded from the MCU), but I still think she should've been introduced into the MCU by now. If Sony uses her, that's cool, as long as she gets some attention.

Thanks for the link. How many Sin-Eaters have there been now? And now this one has superpowers? OMG, tell me they're not trying to redeem Osborn.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:41 PM
  #183
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Peter did just fine against Osborne without the help of the Avengers anyway, dragonfire. The difference is that it was 20-something Peter who defeated him, not the punk teenager.

Oh no, no Lion King analogies, please.

I figured Marvel had the rights to Jessica Drew because she's technically not connected to Peter Parker's storyline in the comics, she's the creation of the High Evolutionary(who has also been criminally excluded from the MCU), but I still think she should've been introduced into the MCU by now. If Sony uses her, that's cool, as long as she gets some attention.

Thanks for the link. How many Sin-Eaters have there been now? And now this one has superpowers? OMG, tell me they're not trying to redeem Osborn.
I know.

We already had one in Homecoming.

Ok.

No problem. I have no idea. Maybe?

Oh, seems Sony responded to the Maguire and Garfield returning rumors, and instead of saying it's not true, it's not happening, etc, etc, all they said was the casting rumors haven't been confirmed.

Now with them not really denying it I do believe sooner or later they'll officially confirm Maguire and Garfield.

Either by press release or some kind of event stand-in for Comic-Con or maybe even a reveal on Jimmy Kimmel since they revealed stuff from MCU Spidey movies on there before.

Also seems there's a new rumor title for Spidey 3, and this sounds much better than Homesick. Homeworlds.

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Marvel Reveals Shocking Identity of Spider-Man's New Villain
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...g-50-spoilers/
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:08 AM
  #184
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 112,335
God, what a load of bull.

I had no problem with Del Toro or Goldblum in their roles, Alex.
__________________
Icon by csilla_graphics

tuck frump
"We are all just exhausted with this worthless man."
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:00 PM
  #185
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,419
Quote:
Variety
‘Doctor Strange’ Sequel Casts ‘Baby-Sitters Club’ Star Xochitl Gomez
Xochitl Gomez, who recently starred in Netflix's "Baby Sitters Club" reboot, has joined the cast of Marvel's "Doctor Strange 2."
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/m...ez-1234807664/
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:06 PM
  #186
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 247,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
God, what a load of bull.

I had no problem with Del Toro or Goldblum in their roles, Alex.
I did because they don't look or act a thing like them, sum1, Goldblum especially. At least Del Toro got the hair somewhat right.


Yeah, I agree, sum1. It is a load of bull.


Don't remind me of Homecoming, dragonfire. And Marvel had better not be trying to redeem Osborn after what he did to Gwen.

Okay, I get it already. You're convinced we'll get confirmation about Maguire and Garfield soon. And I already heard about the "Homesick" title.


Thanks for the link. So Harry's a bad guy again? Big deal, he already took over the role of Green Goblin once before back in the 1990s.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:51 AM
  #187
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)


Don't remind me of Homecoming, dragonfire. And Marvel had better not be trying to redeem Osborn after what he did to Gwen.

Okay, I get it already. You're convinced we'll get confirmation about Maguire and Garfield soon. And I already heard about the "Homesick" title.


Thanks for the link. So Harry's a bad guy again? Big deal, he already took over the role of Green Goblin once before back in the 1990s.
Ok. Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney has Marvel retcon the stuff he did to Gwen.

Shoot I could be wrong but I think I read something about them maybe bringing 6l6 Gwen back, right when Peter is about to ask Mary-Jane to marry him.

Sorry. Yep, and it could be December. I know, and I like the Homeworlds rumor title more than the Homesick rumor title.

No problem. Except this time he's going by the name Kindred instead of Green Goblin.

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Spider-Man 3: Sony Exec Confirms First Look at Marvel Movie Coming in December
Sony Pictures will unveil the first look at Spider-Man 3 before the end of 2020, according to a marketing executive. The two prior installments of ...
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/sp...-marvel-movie/

Quote:
CBR
Falcon and Winter Soldier Adds Top Gun: Maverick Actor in Pivotal Role
Newcomer Danny Ramirez has been added to the cast of Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier in an undisclosed but important role.
https://www.cbr.com/falcon-and-winte...danny-ramirez/
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:52 PM
  #188
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 247,805
They'd better not retcon any more stuff, dragonfire. That Past Sins stuff with Gwen having Osborn's kids was bad enough.

Peter is asking Mary Jane to marry him again? Didn't he already do that back in the 80s? I remember, I read it. And again, where's my Peter/Mary Jane/Felicia trio?

Why Homeworlds?

Who cares if his name is Kindred? The fact is that it won't be the first time Harry went evil.

Thanks for the links.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:50 PM
  #189
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
They'd better not retcon any more stuff, dragonfire. That Past Sins stuff with Gwen having Osborn's kids was bad enough.

Peter is asking Mary Jane to marry him again? Didn't he already do that back in the 80s? I remember, I read it. And again, where's my Peter/Mary Jane/Felicia trio?

Why Homeworlds?

Who cares if his name is Kindred? The fact is that it won't be the first time Harry went evil.

Thanks for the links.
Oh, that needs a retcon. They can make what was suppose to be canon, and since Disney seemingly doesn't like Mary-Jane they can say she lied to Peter about Gwen having an affair with Norman.

Maybe Disney wants to do their version of it? I don't know.

Maybe because of The Spidey-Verse with Maguire and Garfield?

Ok.

No problem. Hmm maybe after the title reveal hopefully Homeworlds the trailer ends with the surprise returns of Maguire and Garfield?

They did that with Keaton's Vulture return in Morbius. After the title reveal the trailer ended with the surprise return of Keaton's Vulture.

Quote:
Screen Rant
Spider-Man 3 First Trailer Will Reportedly Arrive In December
The first look at Marvel Studios and Sony's Spider-Man 3, starring Tom Holland's MCU Peter Parker, will reportedly be released in December.
https://screenrant.com/spiderman-3-m...look-december/
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:31 AM
  #190
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 112,335
Spider Man... how boring.
__________________
Icon by csilla_graphics

tuck frump
"We are all just exhausted with this worthless man."
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:34 PM
  #191
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,419
Quote:
Screen Rant
Spider-Man's Worst Failures Just Came Back From The Dead
In The Amazing Spider-Man #50, villain Kindred digs up Captain George Stacy and his daughter Gwen in his latest act against Spider-Man.
https://screenrant.com/spider-man-ki...cy-amazing-50/
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:35 PM
  #192
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 247,805
Of course you think it's boring, sum1.



I'm glad you agree with me about Past Sins, dragonfire. But what about the DNA test that Peter did on Gwen's kids?

Disney can go screw themselves. And Marvel shouldn't tease us with Spider-Polyamory unless they're prepared to go through with it.

Look, I don't care as long as Garfield is back. I'm not a fan of Keaton.

Thanks for the links.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:31 AM
  #193
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)



I'm glad you agree with me about Past Sins, dragonfire. But what about the DNA test that Peter did on Gwen's kids?

Disney can go screw themselves. And Marvel shouldn't tease us with Spider-Polyamory unless they're prepared to go through with it.

Look, I don't care as long as Garfield is back. I'm not a fan of Keaton.

Thanks for the links.
No problem. Maybe Norman rigged it? I mean this is Norman Osborn we are talking about here. Wanting Peter to think Gwen cheated on him, and the kids are Norman's as a way to break Peter would be something Norman Osborn would do.

Ok. Ok.

Ok. Ok.

No problem.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:58 AM
  #194
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 112,335
Keaton is a good actor. He's just not good as Batman. He was great as the Vulture.
__________________
Icon by csilla_graphics

tuck frump
"We are all just exhausted with this worthless man."
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:51 PM
  #195
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 247,805
Wow, you agree with me about Keaton and Batman, sum1?


Why would Osborn go to such dramatic lengths just to mess with Peter? Especially since he was out of activity for over two decades?

Anyway, I'd rather that Past Sins not have happened at all. If they had to retcon something with Brand New Day, retcon that, not Peter and MJ's marriage.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST