Old 02-19-2020, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Newsarama
MARVEL Evokes 'One More Day' For May DAREDEVIL Special
https://www.newsarama.com/49099-chip...ay-honest.html
Old 02-19-2020, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why not? It's not like we have any original ideas to draw from.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
CBR
Spider-Man: Can Gwen Stacy's New Series Rewrite Her 'Sins Past?'
https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-can-g...ite-sins-past/
Old 02-20-2020, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Ahem... I have NOT forgotten. Iron Man was very apolitical. Jon Favreau was interviewed by a journalist about the movie in 2008, and I remember reading the interview. He was asked about how Iron Man didn't seem to lean too far to either the left or the right in terms of its politics. He said, "that's the point." Yes, Obadiah Stane was a bad guy who sold Stark tech to terrorists for profit, but he was always a bad guy in the comics. But Iron Man also made a superhero out of Tony Stark, a weapons manufacturer who creates a high powered, armored battle suit which he uses to go combat terrorists in the middle east. I remember a review of the movie back in 2008 that was somewhat critical of the movie's politics, saying that the theme of the film was, "if you want to solve the problem of middle eastern war and terrorism, send a Marvel Comics superhero to do the job." Some critics on the left took particular issue with the scene where Iron Man frees the village from the soldiers of the Order of the Ten Rings, taking them out with pinpoint precision and without a single civilian casualty. Others took issue with the idea of making a weapons manufacturer like Tony Stark a hero in the first place.

Believe me, I read many reviews of Iron Man when it came out, and its politics were entirely subjective depending on who watched it. Which again, was the entire point according to director Jon Favreau. He didn't want the film to be too politically slanted.
The movie I saw was quite political. I've learned not to listen to directors' bull. They always talk crap.

Quote:
Wimpy Ms. Marvel levels? Her strength, flying, and durability seemed to serve her well enough, and not only her, but Rogue as well after she absorbed them.
The powers increased greatly when Rogue absorbed them. Rogue was able to lift 50 tons. Carol only about 10 tons or less.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't mind Sins Past getting completely written out of continuity, dragonfire. Gwen having an affair with Norman Osborn and having his twins was just...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
The movie I saw was quite political. I've learned not to listen to directors' bull. They always talk crap.

The powers increased greatly when Rogue absorbed them. Rogue was able to lift 50 tons. Carol only about 10 tons or less.
Well, again, Iron Man's politics depended on how the individual saw it, which was Jon Favreau's point. And like I said, a lot of left leaning movie critics saw Iron Man much differently than you did, saying that it had a pro-military stance. Again, it is what people want to make of it, which is what I like.

Yeah, I know, sum1. Carol's powers were identical to Mar-Vell, and he started off at the 10 ton range. But as I've said, Marvel always plays fast and loose with strength levels, mostly because they end up having their characters performing acts of strength in excess of what their strength level implies, defying continuity. Spider-Man was once at 10 tons, but now he's at 20. Captain America's limit was once 800 pounds, but now he's at 1,500, nearly a ton. Wolverine was once at 700 pounds, below Cap, but now he's at 2 tons, just above him. She-Hulk was at 70 tons but now she's at Class 100. Hank Pym as Giant Man was all over the freaking place, from 10 tons to Class 100 depending on his size. So yeah, they upped Rogue's strength level after absorbing Ms. Marvel's power, but when Carol got her power and memories back, she was noticeably stronger than she was before. As Warbird I believe she was in the 50 to 70 ton range before she took back her Ms. Marvel title and then went to Captain Marvel. And again, if she's taken Mar-Vell's place then all she needs are the Nega-Bands, photonic energy, and cosmic awareness. They don't need to give her any of this Binary level crap, or do they want a repeat of Jean Grey?
Old 02-20-2020, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Newsarama
New SPIDER-MAN Ongoing by a Reunited JOE KELLY & CHRIS BACHALO Coming Later This Year
https://www.newsarama.com/49113-new-...this-year.html
Old 02-20-2020, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Non-Stop Spider-Man? Will they ever run out of titles?

I preferred Amazing, Spectacular, and Web, myself. Along with Marvel Team-Up.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Screen Rant
Sony Head Wants Spider-Man To Stay In The MCU, Continue Disney Deal
https://screenrant.com/sony-spiderma...s-disney-deal/
Old 02-21-2020, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 02-21-2020, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, screw that. I don't want Spider-Man in the MCU. I'd prefer the MCU just end soon.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Screen Rant
The Fantastic Four Are Hunting Down GHOST-SPIDER | Screen Rant
https://screenrant.com/fantastic-fou...-marvel-comic/
Old 02-21-2020, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ghost Spider. Why the f not? We've had Hulk Spider and zombie Spider and Spider Gwen, and Venom Hulk, and whatever the f else.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Ghost Spider. Why the f not? We've had Hulk Spider and zombie Spider and Spider Gwen, and Venom Hulk, and whatever the f else.
Ghost Spider is Spider Gwen.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Ghost Spider is Spider Gwen.
I just saw. I assumed it was Peter Parker as Ghost Rider. Hey, they've done stuff like that before. I forgot they named Spider-Gwen Ghost Spider. Marvel already has another character named Ghost with a similar outfit.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Enough of bloody Gwen already!