Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-15-2020, 04:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for saying that! I feel like Cyclops was always an ill-used character.

I agree, I wish that fans had more say in the direction of things. Instead we have to sit back and watch self-indulgent elites at Marvel and Hollywood trash our beloved characters.
Yes, that's why I'm launching a Marvel Universe/Multiverse controlled by the fans. This way, we can create story arcs with more insightful vision and care into developing these characters.

In my story, Cyclops is damaged by past experiences, and despite having good leadership skills, and being a great team motivator, it clouts his judgement from time to time. And those mistakes sometimes lead to extreme problems later on. And even when he tries to make the right choices, sometimes it still doesn't work out. And that's what makes him relatable, and understandable as a character. Rather than make him an @$$hole in so many occasions.

That plot for the Phoenix Trilogy I sent, actually contains an example of that. I didn't detail Cyclops' role in full, but can definitely do so, if interested
Old 06-15-2020, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

No problem.

Quote:
CBR
X-Men: The 10 Worst Things The Stepford Cuckoos Have Ever Done
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-stepford-c...marvel-comics/
Old 06-15-2020, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That should be a longer list, dragonfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousToons (View Post)
Yes, that's why I'm launching a Marvel Universe/Multiverse controlled by the fans. This way, we can create story arcs with more insightful vision and care into developing these characters.

In my story, Cyclops is damaged by past experiences, and despite having good leadership skills, and being a great team motivator, it clouts his judgement from time to time. And those mistakes sometimes lead to extreme problems later on. And even when he tries to make the right choices, sometimes it still doesn't work out. And that's what makes him relatable, and understandable as a character. Rather than make him an @$$hole in so many occasions.

That plot for the Phoenix Trilogy I sent, actually contains an example of that. I didn't detail Cyclops' role in full, but can definitely do so, if interested
That's awesome. That's kind of what I've been doing with my reworking of the MCU, making it into a more structured and self-contained six volume cinematic miniseries built around the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, with Adam Warlock as the actual main protagonist.

Yes! Thank you for getting Cyclops right. This is they guy I remember from the 1980s. And I'm still getting through that whole PM you sent me.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thanks, dragonfire. I must say I'm not familiar with that one.

What's MLF, sum1?
Mutant Liberation Front. Stryfe's stooges. Stryfe was cool, but the MLF were eejits.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

That's awesome. That's kind of what I've been doing with my reworking of the MCU, making it into a more structured and self-contained six volume cinematic miniseries built around the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, with Adam Warlock as the actual main protagonist.

Yes! Thank you for getting Cyclops right. This is they guy I remember from the 1980s. And I'm still getting through that whole PM you sent me.
Yeah like, Adam Warlock plays a major role into our series. Aamof he's the one who introduces what the Infinity Gems are into our series. While he isn't the "main" main protagonist, he is a central character playing up to the Phoenix Trilogy, and he's one of a collective few that brings down Thanos.

Yes, I hope to do good justice to Cyclops' character, esp when the Phoenix returns, Rachel comes into play, and stuff like that. To me, the writers too often don't know WHAT to do with awesome characters. Like Matthew Malloy for example.

No sweat I hadn't the chance to read your post either in proper detail, but I'm doing it
Old 06-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Mutant Liberation Front. Stryfe's stooges. Stryfe was cool, but the MLF were eejits.
Oh, lord. That name is a little too on the nose.

Quote:
Yeah like, Adam Warlock plays a major role into our series. Aamof he's the one who introduces what the Infinity Gems are into our series. While he isn't the "main" main protagonist, he is a central character playing up to the Phoenix Trilogy, and he's one of a collective few that brings down Thanos.

Yes, I hope to do good justice to Cyclops' character, esp when the Phoenix returns, Rachel comes into play, and stuff like that. To me, the writers too often don't know WHAT to do with awesome characters. Like Matthew Malloy for example.

No sweat I hadn't the chance to read your post either in proper detail, but I'm doing it
Thank you! I'm pissed that Adam Warlock was shafted by the MCU and not even given his rightful place in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. Wow, having Warlock and Thanos in your Phoenix trilogy seems even tougher than what I was doing with my Avengers Cinematic Miniseries based on the Infinity Saga.

Oh, I like Rachel. She's been totally shut out of the movies. I can't believe they had Kitty Pryde send Wolverine back in time in Days of Future Past and not Rachel.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel Summers is a great character, but they ruined her this century, particularly by taking away her distinctive facial features. She used to look very like her father and it made her different from run of the mill routine comic book heroines.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Thank you! I'm pissed that Adam Warlock was shafted by the MCU and not even given his rightful place in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. Wow, having Warlock and Thanos in your Phoenix trilogy seems even tougher than what I was doing with my Avengers Cinematic Miniseries based on the Infinity Saga.

Oh, I like Rachel. She's been totally shut out of the movies. I can't believe they had Kitty Pryde send Wolverine back in time in Days of Future Past and not Rachel.
Quote:
Rachel Summers is a great character, but they ruined her this century, particularly by taking away her distinctive facial features. She used to look very like her father and it made her different from run of the mill routine comic book heroines.
LOL well... I (and the fandom) are trying to tell our own, unique version of the Infinity Saga, but include the X-Men, Adam Warlock, and the Phoenix Saga as "The Phoenix Trilogy". In order to make it all cohesive, Loki is plays a major role in how Adam Warlock develops as a character, and how he would eventually play a major role, in what becomes the downfall of the Phoenix... and the rise of its new Archrival.

Rachel is someone I'd like to write WITHOUT the Phoenix's involvement. There would come interaction later in her story, but no solid bonding between the two. I'd rather focus on her story and her developing her own powers and character, than make her a replica of her mom. There will be a "Phoenix" to appear, but... it's not gonna really be Rachel, and this Phoenix/host bond would be fairly short lived. I have an interesting story I'm working on for her, in the next major arc, the "Dystopian" Arc.

When I get to redesigning her, I'd definitely fall back more on the original design for inspiration. Not only would it fit better with the aesthetic I'm gonna employ, the original design was more distinguished.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Screen Rant
Marvel's X-MEN: X OF SWORDS Event Will Be 24 Issues Long
https://screenrant.com/xmen-swords-e...l-comics-list/
Old 06-17-2020, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, dragonfire! That sounds like X-Men meets Game of Thrones.

Quote:
I agree, sum1. Oh, you know why Marvel does all that these days. They have an agenda now instead of just pure storytelling.

Quote:
LOL well... I (and the fandom) are trying to tell our own, unique version of the Infinity Saga, but include the X-Men, Adam Warlock, and the Phoenix Saga as "The Phoenix Trilogy". In order to make it all cohesive, Loki is plays a major role in how Adam Warlock develops as a character, and how he would eventually play a major role, in what becomes the downfall of the Phoenix... and the rise of its new Archrival.

Rachel is someone I'd like to write WITHOUT the Phoenix's involvement. There would come interaction later in her story, but no solid bonding between the two. I'd rather focus on her story and her developing her own powers and character, than make her a replica of her mom. There will be a "Phoenix" to appear, but... it's not gonna really be Rachel, and this Phoenix/host bond would be fairly short lived. I have an interesting story I'm working on for her, in the next major arc, the "Dystopian" Arc.

When I get to redesigning her, I'd definitely fall back more on the original design for inspiration. Not only would it fit better with the aesthetic I'm gonna employ, the original design was more distinguished.
That all sounds awesome. I'll admit, trying to tie Warlock, Thanos, Loki, and all of that stuff into the Phoenix Saga is something I don't know if I'd try. I'd probably have an aneurism figuring all that out.

Oh, that sounds interesting what you have planned for Rachel. I do think she's an underused character.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

No problem.

Quote:
Screen Rant
X-Men: The Colossus Family is A Marvel Soap Opera | Screen Rant
https://screenrant.com/xmen-colossus...family-comics/
Old 06-18-2020, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 06-18-2020, 02:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

That all sounds awesome. I'll admit, trying to tie Warlock, Thanos, Loki, and all of that stuff into the Phoenix Saga is something I don't know if I'd try. I'd probably have an aneurism figuring all that out.

Oh, that sounds interesting what you have planned for Rachel. I do think she's an underused character.
LOL I may explain it in a short summary in a PM at some point. It's actually not nearly as complicated as it sounds. But that's why I turned the Phoenix's story into a "trilogy", it gives plenty of room for all those plots to tie into each other.

I didn't like ANY of these Jean Grey "replicants" being paired with the Phoenix, with Hope being my least favorite, and a character I deem is overall totally unnecessary. With Rachel, I do have something special planned, and it started with removing the Phoenix from her story. I'd like to see her take on a leadership position in a turbulent, dystopian scenario, aiding and saving Mutants, while using her developing abilities. She has a hard side due to circumstances, but one that's very soft due to her caring nature. It's something along those lines.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1!

Quote:
LOL I may explain it in a short summary in a PM at some point. It's actually not nearly as complicated as it sounds. But that's why I turned the Phoenix's story into a "trilogy", it gives plenty of room for all those plots to tie into each other.

I didn't like ANY of these Jean Grey "replicants" being paired with the Phoenix, with Hope being my least favorite, and a character I deem is overall totally unnecessary. With Rachel, I do have something special planned, and it started with removing the Phoenix from her story. I'd like to see her take on a leadership position in a turbulent, dystopian scenario, aiding and saving Mutants, while using her developing abilities. She has a hard side due to circumstances, but one that's very soft due to her caring nature. It's something along those lines.
Ah, I see. Well, I hope you are able to fit it all into a trilogy. One of the reasons my "corrected" MCU was divided into six volumes is because I've seen trilogies where they try to cram too much stuff into three movies.

Yeah, Hope is that character they introduced before Avengers vs. X-Men. Like they didn't already have Rachel?

That all sounds good. Kinda reminds me of Days of Future Past a little.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
CBR
How Night of the Living Deadpool Created a New Kind of Marvel Zombie
https://www.cbr.com/night-living-dea...arvel-zombies/