Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Disney's the boss. They decide what happens.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, that's true, but Disney owning Marvel Studios does not mean that they make creative decisions. An NFL owner owns the team, but he's not the one who drafts players, makes trades, or decides who coaches the team. That's the General Manager's job, and Kevin Feige as President of Marvel Studios is basically like the General Manager. The owners only care about the team winning and making money, but they don't do the hands on stuff. Feige is the guy who is ultimately responsible for what and who goes on the screen and what and who doesn't.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Disney does make decisions that are handed down to Feige.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If Feige actually follows them he's an idiot. Spielberg and Lucas didn't do what the studios wanted.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spielberg and Lucas were their own people. Feige is a Disney stooge.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly. But he doesn't have to. If he chose he could tell Disney execs to stay out of the creative process, and I still think that most of the decisions were made by Feige based on what Joss Whedon and others have said.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not true. He has to obey their orders. They own his ass.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's no way to make movies. Studio execs don't know anything about storytelling. If I were making the movies I'd tell them to shut up and let me make them money.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-04-2019, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's no way to make movies. Studio execs don't know anything about storytelling. If I were making the movies I'd tell them to shut up and let me make them money.
Then they would probably can you, and bring in a replacement who is a yes man to them. Hollywood has a history of doing that.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Then they would probably can you, and bring in a replacement who is a yes man to them. Hollywood has a history of doing that.
It depends on the filmmaker/producer. After the success of The Lord of The Rings, Warner Bros. gave Peter Jackson free rein to do pretty much whatever he wanted for The Hobbit. And let's not forget that Disney is the same studio that told M. Night Shyamalan not to make too many comic book references in Unbreakable and refused to market the film as a comic book movie because they felt that it was a "niche audience," and "those people who go to conventions." So I'd remind the Mouse that he doesn't know what the hell he's doing anyway.

See, if I were a successful Hollywood actor/producer/filmmaker, I'd give my pitch to a studio back in 2005 and tell them that I wanted to make six Avengers movies and that's it. No more, no less. No X-Men, Spider-Man, or Fantastic Four, just the Avengers.

Main Characters: Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, She-Hulk, Ant-Man(Hank Pym), Wasp(Janet Van Dyne), Captain America, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Adam Warlock.

Supporting Characters(The Avengers, The Defenders, Guardians of The Galaxy, Agents of SHIELD): Hawkeye, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man, Human Torch(Jim Hammond), Tigra, Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Gamora, Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Moondragon, Starhawk, Aleta, Yondu, Martinex)

Main Villains: Loki, Ultron, Thanos, The Red Skull, The Masters of Evil(Baron Zemo, Madame Masque, Crimson Dynamo, The Absorbing Man, Klaw, The Enchantress, Blackout, Moonstone, Titania, Goliath, Crimson Cowl) Hela, The Mandarin, Crossbones, Yon-Rogg, The Taskmaster, Nebula, Ronan The Accuser, Michael Korvac, Yellowjacket, Iron Monger, Whiplash, Force, Shockwave, Aldrich Killian, Killmonger, The Executioner, Dormammu, The Super Skrull, Justin Hammer, Advanced Idea Mechanics(AIM), HYDRA, The Serpent Society, The Kree Empire, The Skrull Empire.

Cosmic characters: The Elders of the Universe(The Collector, The Grandmaster, The Runner, The Champion, The Obliterator), The Asgardians, The Nova Corps, The Eternals, The Deviants, The Celestials, The High Evolutionary.

Phase 1: Avengers Assemble

The Invincible Iron Man
Captain America
The Mighty Thor
The Incredible Hulk
The Astonishing Ant-Man
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Phase 2: The Masters of Evil

Iron Man: Armor War
Captain America: Super Soldier
The Sensational She-Hulk
Ant-Man & The Wasp
Agents of SHIELD
Avengers: Masters of Evil

Phase 3: The Wrath of Ultron

Iron Man: Extremis
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Thor: The Dark World
Black Panther
Agents of SHIELD: Serpent Society
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Phase 4: The Civil War

Iron Man: Order of The Ten Rings
Doctor Strange
Guardians of The Galaxy
Captain Marvel
The Defenders
Avengers: Civil War

Phase 5: The Kree-Skrull War

Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther: Agent of SHIELD
Guardians of The Galaxy: The Korvac Quest
Captain Marvel: Protector of The Universe
Agents of SHIELD: Secret Invasion
The Defenders: Secret Wars Part 1
Avengers: Secret Wars Part 2

Phase 6: The Infinity Gauntlet

Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme
Guardians of The Galaxy: Infinity Quest Part 1
Captain Marvel: Infinity Quest Part 2
The Defenders: Infinity Quest Part 3
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame

THE END

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-13-2019 at 06:21 PM
Old 09-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Too much? I haven't even broken down my synopsis for each film yet.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dude, it doesn't do any good to get into what ifs like that. We've got what we've got and that's that.