Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-22-2020, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all that stuff, dragonfire!

Wow, Scott and Jean are really switching their costumes around a lot. And OMG, they went back to their X-Factor outfits from the 1980s? I loved those! I'm so glad that Scott and Jean seem like they're back to their old selves. Now if Jean can just telepathically erase the whole polyamory thing with Wolverine from all of their minds that would be great.

And she's back to calling herself Marvel Girl? Nice.

Thanks for the info on WandaVision, but again, I really think that Feige is oversaturating and overcomplicating things. There are things comics can do that cinema and streaming can't do because of the fact that the logistics are just too much. What happens when Elizabeth Olsen decides to move on from the character?
Old 12-22-2020, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for all that stuff, dragonfire!

Wow, Scott and Jean are really switching their costumes around a lot. And OMG, they went back to their X-Factor outfits from the 1980s? I loved those! I'm so glad that Scott and Jean seem like they're back to their old selves. Now if Jean can just telepathically erase the whole polyamory thing with Wolverine from all of their minds that would be great.

And she's back to calling herself Marvel Girl? Nice.

Thanks for the info on WandaVision, but again, I really think that Feige is oversaturating and overcomplicating things. There are things comics can do that cinema and streaming can't do because of the fact that the logistics are just too much. What happens when Elizabeth Olsen decides to move on from the character?
No problem.

Yep. Seems like it. You do/did? Same here. Ok, but what about Emma? Or is Cyclops/Jean/Emma poly ok?

Yep.

No problem. Ok. Well, when she does I guess Feige will do something. I mean there's is Wiccan and Speed to pass the torch to, and if they're MCU Magneto's Grandkids then they definitely got a huge legacy to carry on.

Quote:
GamesRadar+
Avengers' Enter the Phoenix will "deal with the legacy of Avengers vs X-Men"
Avengers writer Jason Aaron gets into the 'rebirth' ahead at Marvel Comics.
https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...gers-vs-x-men/
Old 12-23-2020, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

"Marvel Girl"? Talk about setting women's rights back 40 years.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
GamesRadar+
Cyclops leads a mission with his grown-up kids in X-Men #16 preview
While the X-Men prepare for 'expansion'
https://www.gamesradar.com/cyclops-l...en-16-preview/

Quote:
CBR
X-Men: One Omega-Level Mutant Has Big Plans for Mister Sinister
In Excalibur, an Omega-level mutant turns out to have a very surprising plan for an X-Men veteran that requires Mister Sinister's help.
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-jamie-brad...inister-plans/

Quote:
CBR
Three Forgotten Mutants are Confirmed Captives of Mojo | CBR
When Wind Dancer returns to Krakoa, she confirms that several veteran X-Men members are still trapped against their will in the Mojoverse.
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-shattersta...mojo-captives/
Old 12-23-2020, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
"Marvel Girl"? Talk about setting women's rights back 40 years.
But MMA fighter Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson is totally fine, sum1?

People should never get into a contest to out-woke each other. Marvel right now is a huge bunch of woke, virtue signaling, social justice warriors, so I'm actually surprised that they first gave Jean back her old outfit with the skirt, and now gave her back her old name. Maybe they're lightening up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
No problem.

Yep. Seems like it. You do/did? Same here. Ok, but what about Emma? Or is Cyclops/Jean/Emma poly ok?

Yep.

No problem. Ok. Well, when she does I guess Feige will do something. I mean there's is Wiccan and Speed to pass the torch to, and if they're MCU Magneto's Grandkids then they definitely got a huge legacy to carry on.
Yes, I did, dragonfire. I told you that after falling off for a couple of years in the early 1980s I got back into comics in a big way in 1984, and a couple of years later, X-Factor came out, and I was excited to see Jean back. I thought their X-Factor outfits were a clever combination of their original X-Men outfits from the 1960s with 1980s style.

Ugh, if it were some woman other than Emma, maybe.

Yeah, but I don't know if the MCU can function that way, dragonfire. The reason the comics function is because the main characters never really leave. Doing things live action where you constantly get rid of the characters people have grown to love over the last 50 years seems like asking a bit too much.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yes, I did, dragonfire. I told you that after falling off for a couple of years in the early 1980s I got back into comics in a big way in 1984, and a couple of years later, X-Factor came out, and I was excited to see Jean back. I thought their X-Factor outfits were a clever combination of their original X-Men outfits from the 1960s with 1980s style.

Ugh, if it were some woman other than Emma, maybe.

Yeah, but I don't know if the MCU can function that way, dragonfire. The reason the comics function is because the main characters never really leave. Doing things live action where you constantly get rid of the characters people have grown to love over the last 50 years seems like asking a bit too much.
I see.

Wanda?

True.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But MMA fighter Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson is totally fine, sum1?
Never heard of him, but I don't like his name.

Quote:
People should never get into a contest to out-woke each other. Marvel right now is a huge bunch of woke, virtue signaling, social justice warriors, so I'm actually surprised that they first gave Jean back her old outfit with the skirt, and now gave her back her old name. Maybe they're lightening up?
Maybe they think sexism is ok now?
Old 12-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Screen Rant
X-Men Just Completely Changed What It Means To Have Mutant Powers
It started when Colossus threw Wolverine. Now the X-Men are a transhumanist collective that acts as one impossible machine.
https://screenrant.com/x-men-powers-...hnology-sword/

Quote:
Screen Rant
Beast Orders The X-Men To Betray Colossus | Screen Rant
Original X-Men member Beast has gotten more unethical in his leadership of X-Force. His recent betrayal of Colossus is just the latest example.
https://screenrant.com/x-men-beast-betray-colossus/

Quote:
CBR
X-Men: Shadowcat Is Mirroring Wolverine and Emma Frost's WORST Habits
Kitty Pryde has grown up with the X-Men and it seems that some of the worst traits of her mentors are starting to rub off on her.
https://www.cbr.com/kitty-pryde-wolv...ost-behaviors/
Old 12-24-2020, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I see.

Wanda?

True.
Thanks for all the info, dragonfire!

So I guess Kitty is alive and well, and is being called "Kitty" again?

Wanda? Oh, that might be complicated. Besides, she's hardly around, so no.

Quote:
Never heard of him, but I don't like his name.

Maybe they think sexism is ok now?
Well, he's a Karate and Jujutsu trained kickboxer and MMA fighter, so he doesn't care.

If a skirt and the name "Marvel Girl" is now considered sexist then civilization is about to collapse. The skirts worked well enough for Star Trek.

Don't you remember that they changed Kitty's name because they were virtue signaling and considered "Kitty" sexist, and changed it to Kate? Now it's back to Kitty because they got over themselves. And what about Batgirl? No one says that's sexist.
Old 12-24-2020, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for all the info, dragonfire!

So I guess Kitty is alive and well, and is being called "Kitty" again?

Wanda? Oh, that might be complicated. Besides, she's hardly around, so no.
No problem.

Looks like it.

Ok, but I think it's possible.

Quote:
CBR
Marvel Just Brought an Annihilation Veteran Into the X-Men's Orbit
In S.W.O.R.D., a veteran cosmic hero fo Marvel's Annihilation joins the X-Men's new space organization to help mutants fit into the Marvel ...
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-sword-skrull-paibok/

Quote:
CBR
X-Men: Charles Xavier Just Reclaimed His Most Important Identity
Although Charles Xavier has gone through many titles since the changes in 'House of X,' 'New Mutants' sees him return to his most important.
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-new-mutant...r-professor-x/
Old 12-25-2020, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well, he's a Karate and Jujutsu trained kickboxer and MMA fighter, so he doesn't care.

If a skirt and the name "Marvel Girl" is now considered sexist then civilization is about to collapse. The skirts worked well enough for Star Trek.
The skirts in Star Trek TOS were sexist. They barely covered their asses. And civilization collapsed long ago. Where were you? Yes it's sexist to put the female character in a more revealing costume than the male characters Yes it's sexist too tag a woman "girl".

Quote:
Don't you remember that they changed Kitty's name because they were virtue signaling and considered "Kitty" sexist, and changed it to Kate? Now it's back to Kitty because they got over themselves. And what about Batgirl? No one says that's sexist.
Batgirl was a girl originally, rather than a full blown woman. Jean's a woman.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Screen Rant
Wolverine Believes Kitty Pryde is the Deadliest Member of the X-Men
Wolverine may seem like the most deadly member of the X-Men, but in his new comic, Logan actually awards that title to Kitty Pryde, the new ...
https://screenrant.com/wolverine-kit...adliest-x-men/

Quote:
Screen Rant
The X-Men's Greatest Mistake Threatens To Destroy Krakoa
The X-Men have made a huge mistake in holding back against Knull, God of the Symbiotes - and they could pay a terrible price.
https://screenrant.com/xmen-greatest...-fight-krakoa/

Quote:
CBR
One Avenger Is Keeping the X-Men From an Alliance With Marvel's Newest Empire
It turns out the long-standing rivalry between a major Avenger and the X-Men is the reason Krakoa isn't allied with a Marvel powerhouse.
https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-x-...rull-alliance/

Seems The Avenger is Wanda. Hopefully this along with WandaVision will return her and Pietro back as Magneto's Mutant kids.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all that, dragonfire!

Quote:
The skirts in Star Trek TOS were sexist. They barely covered their asses. And civilization collapsed long ago. Where were you? Yes it's sexist to put the female character in a more revealing costume than the male characters Yes it's sexist too tag a woman "girl".

Batgirl was a girl originally, rather than a full blown woman. Jean's a woman.
But Jean was the same age as Barbara Gordon when she became Marvel Girl.

So I guess you think the new Star Trek films are sexist since they brought back the skirts?
Old 12-26-2020, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

No problem.

Quote:
CBR
X-Men: X-Force Unlocked the Key to a MAJOR Mutant Alliance | CBR
The latest issue of X-Force revealed an invention by the X-Men that could broker an alliance between the mutants and a major Marvel force.
https://www.cbr.com/x-force-forge-kr...derwater-suit/
Old 12-26-2020, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But Jean was the same age as Barbara Gordon when she became Marvel Girl.
Yeah, but she sure isn't anymore. She's a woman now, so she shouldn't be called "Girl".

Quote:
So I guess you think the new Star Trek films are sexist since they brought back the skirts?
Well, it was trying to echo the 1960s show.