Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2020, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Betsy is the ONLY Psylocke to me, dragonfire. I'm really getting sick of Marvel doing this because they're bowing down to the PC police.

I think Mickey needs to slow down, especially with the pandemic messing everything up.

I'm still not sold on all this Disney+ stuff, dragonfire. I know you're excited about it, but I still think that Disney is just gonna exploit Marvel for everything they can get and then toss it aside. The big problem is that they're destroying the comics in the process.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Kwannon dates back to the '90s, when she was Revanche is Psylocke's original body.

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Richard O'Halloran. Convict Derek Chauvin.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Betsy is the ONLY Psylocke to me, dragonfire. I'm really getting sick of Marvel doing this because they're bowing down to the PC police.

I think Mickey needs to slow down, especially with the pandemic messing everything up.

I'm still not sold on all this Disney+ stuff, dragonfire. I know you're excited about it, but I still think that Disney is just gonna exploit Marvel for everything they can get and then toss it aside. The big problem is that they're destroying the comics in the process.
Ok.

Ok.

Ok.

Quote:
CBR
X-Men: Cyclops Almost Dated a Marvel Netflix Hero | CBR
During Chris Claremont and John Byrne's legendary run on "Uncanny X-Men," Cyclops almost dated a Marvel hero who would gain fame on ...
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-cyclops-co...-relationship/

Quote:
Screen Rant
X-Men: Cyclops Has a Clone Even Marvel Forgot About | Screen Rant
X-Men: Cyclops Has a Clone Even Marvel Forgot About. The Summers family tree is pretty wacky - and in fact even Marvel Comics has forgotten ...
https://screenrant.com/xmen-cyclops-...-secret-comic/
Old 12-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Are you just gonna say "okay," to everything?

Thanks for the links. OMG, What the hell is up with Cyclops? And please, no more clones. I got so sick of that in the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Kwannon dates back to the '90s, when she was Revanche is Psylocke's original body.
Is that when they made Betsy part Asian?
Old 12-12-2020, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Are you just gonna say "okay," to everything?

Thanks for the links. OMG, What the hell is up with Cyclops? And please, no more clones. I got so sick of that in the 90s.

I do when I got nothing else to say. Like when I can't think of anything else to say I just say ok and move on to the next thing.

No problem. I think that happened after the first time Jean died or something either way is it really a surprise that he almost did?

Shoot seems in an alter reality where Cyclops became a StarJammer he got with Carol.

Also I could be very wrong about this but I think I remember reading something about another alter reality where he never joined the X-Men, instead joined Magneto, got with Wanda, and maybe had a baby.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprise if Cyclops got with almost every female in the multiverse I mean this is Scott Summers we're talking about here.

Well, clone Cyclops can get with Madeline Pryor.

Quote:
Screen Rant
The X-Men Almost Replaced Jean Grey With Her Sister | Screen Rant
Legendary X-Men creator Chris Claremont didn't want Jean Grey back from the dead - instead he wanted her replaced by her sister Sara!
https://screenrant.com/x-men-claremo...-sara-phoenix/
Old 12-13-2020, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link, dragonfire. Yeah, I do remember hearing Chris Claremont saying something about that a while back. He didn't agree with the X-Factor retcon that made Dark Phoenix a Jean doppelganger with the real Jean in a cocoon at the bottom of the Atlantic off the coast of Long Island.

Oh, I see. Sorry if I left you with nothing to say.

Well, Cyclops is so horny that maybe it's not that difficult to believe.

Oh no, not Scott and Carol Danvers! I want her to get with Adam Warlock.

Really? Was that a What If? storyline? I don't remember hearing about that.

No, no more Madelyne Pryor. I needed therapy after that storyline. And the clone thing was already done to death in The Amazing Spider-Man.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Thanks for the link, dragonfire. Yeah, I do remember hearing Chris Claremont saying something about that a while back. He didn't agree with the X-Factor retcon that made Dark Phoenix a Jean doppelganger with the real Jean in a cocoon at the bottom of the Atlantic off the coast of Long Island.

Oh, I see. Sorry if I left you with nothing to say.

Well, Cyclops is so horny that maybe it's not that difficult to believe.

Oh no, not Scott and Carol Danvers! I want her to get with Adam Warlock.

Really? Was that a What If? storyline? I don't remember hearing about that.

No, no more Madelyne Pryor. I needed therapy after that storyline. And the clone thing was already done to death in The Amazing Spider-Man.
No problem. She probably would have gotten with Cyclops.

Yep. It's ok.

True.

Yep. I know.

I could be wrong but I think it was a What If? storyline.

Ok.

So now the expected fall out begins?

Quote:
Screen Rant
X-Men: Cyclops Just Took His First Step Towards War With Professor X
Professor X's careful game of nations is huge in scope, but Cyclops just took Krakoa to the brink of war with America for selfish reasons.
https://screenrant.com/x-men-cyclops...x-champions-3/
Old 12-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Is that when they made Betsy part Asian?
She isn't part Asian. She just inhabited an Asian body for a long while. And no, it was before then, back in the start of the '90s.

tuck frump Lock him up.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
She isn't part Asian. She just inhabited an Asian body for a long while. And no, it was before then, back in the start of the '90s.
I see. And now this Kwannon was inhabiting Betsy's body? I don't get it. Why even bother with this nonsense and just let Betsy be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
No problem. She probably would have gotten with Cyclops.
Of course, because Scott has to every woman who looks even remotely like Jean.

Well, I'm surprised no one at Marvel ever thought of the Adam/Carol thing. Especially since they broke him and Gamora up.

Yeah, that figures. It would be impossible to keep up with every What If? storyline. Plus, I didn't really like What If? that much as a kid. A lot of those stories were depressing.

Well of course Scott and Xavier are going to war. Why not? He's gone to war with everybody else.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:

Of course, because Scott has to every woman who looks even remotely like Jean.

Well, I'm surprised no one at Marvel ever thought of the Adam/Carol thing. Especially since they broke him and Gamora up.

Yeah, that figures. It would be impossible to keep up with every What If? storyline. Plus, I didn't really like What If? that much as a kid. A lot of those stories were depressing.

Well of course Scott and Xavier are going to war. Why not? He's gone to war with everybody else.
Yep.

True.

Ok.

Well, if they do go to war then so far Cyclops is in the right here.

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Marvel's X-Men Writer Comments on Controversial Fantastic Four Mutant Retcon
In November, Marvel Comics made a controversial retcon to Franklin Richards, son of Reed and Sue Richards, in the pages of Fantastic Four.
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...-jonathan-hic/
Old 12-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

I think it's time to get Cyclops fixed.

tuck frump Lock him up.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
I think it's time to get Cyclops fixed.
I think Sinister wouldn't allow that to happen. Speaking of Cyclops take a look at what it says below.

Quote:
CBR
Cyclops Is Making the X-Men Marvel's Most Important Heroes Again
The X-Men are stepping away from their isolationist idealogy, and Cyclops is helping reestablish the team as major Marvel heroes.
Quote:
The X-Men have been somewhat isolated since the "Dawn of X" era began, with the team largely refocusing on Krakoa's interests above all else. But in the aftermath of X of Swords, it looks like one major mutant leader is ready for the team to be heroes again.

The X-Men are becoming bigger heroes again throughout the entire Marvel Universe, thanks to the leadership of Cyclops.

Since the formation of Krakoa, the X-Men have been less of a proactive superhero team and much more of a targeted strike force. Certain branches of the mutant nation have been focusing on specific missions and targets, taking down certain enemies and dedicating themselves to mutant life above all else. While this has bolstered their numbers and installed a genuine sense of community onto the mutant nation, it's also come with ruffling the feathers of other heroes and their teams. The Fantastic Four, Black Panther, and Deadpool all have been shunned or angered in some form by the X-Men, leaving the mutant heroes somewhat isolated in the hero community.

However, it looks like Cyclops is leading the charge against that ideology and bringing the X-Men back to a more heroic ideal. During the climax of X of Swords, he argued as much in front of the Quiet Council. Despite their impulse to remain on Krakoa and instead leave their members in Otherworld to their fate, Cyclops instead used the Peak and Magik's teleportation abilities to lead an entire army of X-Men into battle. While it may not have been formally sanctioned by the mutant government and cost Jean Grey her spot on the Quiet Council, Cyclops made the point that it was still a heroic act that needed to be carried out. In the end, this ended up being the final step the heroes needed to defeat Arkako's forces and ensure peace between the two armies.

These changes seem to be extending to how the X-Men act within the greater Marvel Universe as well. In Outlawed, Cyclops and Dust arrive on the scene of a brewing battle between the remaining Champions and the forces of C.R.A.D.L.E. -- offering the team asylum on Krakoa despite their non-mutant status. In Avengers, the X-Men are reaching out to help the titular team contend with the return of the Phoenix Force and what that means for the future of the Earth. And in King in Black, the X-Men provide reinforcements for the heroes of New York City, arriving on the scene to help combat the Symbiote armies of Knull as he descends onto the planet.

All of this suggests that the X-Men are recognizing that they can't just isolate themselves from their allies, even when they've become as powerful and singular in motive as they have. Cyclops is leading the charge, with his role as one of the elder statesmen and leaders of the X-Men giving him a real sense of authority over the collected mutant masses. The fact that he's also a Great Captain of Krakoa instead of a member of the Quiet Council allows him to be far more open-ended with the missions he assigns, allowing him to bring the X-Men further back into a heroic light. It even seems to affect his allies, with Charles Xavier leading the X-Men from afar during the opening salvo in King in Black.

It's nice to see the X-Men resuming their heroic duties to the world, especially with Cyclops -- who spent much of the previous decade in a more revolutionary and controversial state -- at the forefront. It's a refreshing change of pace for the X-Men to return to their heroic roots.
https://www.cbr.com/xmen-cyclops-kin...ers-champions/
Old 12-15-2020, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't go that far, sum1.

Thanks for all that info, dragonfire. I guess Cyclops wants to Make X-Men Great Again?
Old 12-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:

Thanks for all that info, dragonfire. I guess Cyclops wants to Make X-Men Great Again?
No problem. Maybe.

Quote:
Screen Rant
X-Men: Magneto Was Right, Xavier Was Wrong | Screen Rant
Magneto and Charles Xavier have always seen the world differently. But as Marvel's mutants rise, it's becoming clear the villain was right all ...
https://screenrant.com/x-men-magneto...mutants-dream/
Old 12-16-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

:chops off Scott's balls:

tuck frump Lock him up.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top