Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Well I knew who she was.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

From Winter's Bone? The Bill Engvall Show?
Old 01-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

From hearing about her.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, really? I apologize for not hearing about her. I may have seen her image but not known her name prior to First Class.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

^ Totally unaware of the world around him.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, I wasn't really tuned into things back in 2011. I only just came online two years earlier. Prior to 2009 I didn't even have a computer.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Stone Age man, basically.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't mind having internet access being an option and not a necessity.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 PM
Mutant and Proud

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I wouldn't say that, exactly. Jen first got noticed after she got nominated for an Oscar for Winter's Bone, and then she got cast in First Class as Mystique. That was before she became famous doing The Hunger Games and winning an Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook. So they made Mystique more important in First Class before Jen's star took off.
That is true. they made Mystique a lead role before Jen achieved the success she has now. She was just nominated for a Oscar for her role in Winter's Bone. And that was her breakout role. because up to that her biggest role was on The Bill Engvall show. It wasn't until the first Hunger Games and winning the Oscar for SLP she became a mega super star.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
J-LawForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't say that, exactly. Jen first got noticed after she got nominated for an Oscar for Winter's Bone, and then she got cast in First Class as Mystique. That was before she became famous doing The Hunger Games and winning an Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook. So they made Mystique more important in First Class before Jen's star took off.
I can say that. Especially when she was in Days of Future Past, that's when she began to receive strong venom, that the movie was based solely around her ( though Hugh, James and Michael had equal airtime). They said Jen acquired that to attract her Hunger Games fanbase.
Kiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, the role of Mystique had been written in First Class long before Jen got cast. Jen wasn't that well known prior to that. True, First Class did get Jennifer a lot more publicity which is why she got The Hunger Games, but Mystique wasn't written with Jen in mind, although she did do the character justice.

Oh, I wish I had watched the Bill Engvall Show now, Kip. She was so hot in it.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

It wasn't until Days of Future Past, when she got heavily criticized. That antis claimed she took over the entire movie. That she is the female version of Wolverine. She is back because they want to attract her hardcore fans from THG. I remember those comments clearly on Twitter, youtube, and comicbook sites. That's my stance on it.

Last edited by Kiane; 01-20-2018 at 04:20 PM
Old 01-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jen got venom? I don't remember that. If she did it was only for the same reasons that they did it to Anne Hathaway, because they just wanted to hate on her because she was so good. Days of Future Past got praised for being the best X-Men film ever. And Jen as Mystique was a big part of it. Anyone who has an issue can blame the writers. They already increased Mystique's role in First Class long before Jen became a star.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Days of Future Past wasn't the best X-Men film. First Class far outshone it.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Jen got venom? I don't remember that. If she did it was only for the same reasons that they did it to Anne Hathaway, because they just wanted to hate on her because she was so good. Days of Future Past got praised for being the best X-Men film ever. And Jen as Mystique was a big part of it. Anyone who has an issue can blame the writers. They already increased Mystique's role in First Class long before Jen became a star.
Yeah she got venom at each area since back in DOFP. First Class not much, but DOFP the shade was high, on how she was promoted for the movie. They called her the new Wolverine.
They had issue with Simon Kinberg and Bryan Singer, but it was small potatoes to the flak she got. I love DOFP too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top