Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Say Something Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
Seems more take issue with X-Men than anything else in the MCEU.

mainly Mystique being a "good guy"
I actually have no issue with that because I don't think it causes too many problems, canon-wise. She's more anti-hero than "good-guy" in my opinion.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:38 PM
Mutant and Proud

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I actually have no issue with that because I don't think it causes too many problems, canon-wise. She's more anti-hero than "good-guy" in my opinion.
I think they were just basing that off the first 3 films with RR's Mystique. Where In the comics she is more different and not just Magneto's Lackey.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
J-LawForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Say Something Nice

Quote:
I think they were just basing that off the first 3 films with RR's Mystique. Where In the comics she is more different and not just Magneto's Lackey.
Yes, I know they are. But I prefer Jennifer's Mystique, who isn't Magneto's lackey, or anyone's. It was a definite improvement on Rebecca Romijn's Mystique.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Mutant and Proud

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yes, I know they are. But I prefer Jennifer's Mystique, who isn't Magneto's lackey, or anyone's. It was a definite improvement on Rebecca Romijn's Mystique.
Yes, she is her own person and takes crap from no one.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
J-LawForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:42 PM
Say Something Nice

And if any further proof was needed...

Old 01-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
This is mainly shade thrown at Jen because she achieved star acclaim from The Hunger Games and X-Men franchise she became a lead actress.
Kiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Say Something Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
This is mainly shade thrown at Jen because she achieved star acclaim from The Hunger Games and X-Men franchise she became a lead actress.
I wouldn't say that, exactly. Jen first got noticed after she got nominated for an Oscar for Winter's Bone, and then she got cast in First Class as Mystique. That was before she became famous doing The Hunger Games and winning an Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook. So they made Mystique more important in First Class before Jen's star took off.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Jen got noticed for acting quality before she made the Hunger Games and they made the Mystique role so big because it was her.

John McCain, 1936-2018, RIP, opponent of Trump, saved Obamacare
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Say Something Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Jen got noticed for acting quality before she made the Hunger Games and they made the Mystique role so big because it was her.
Yes, but she wasn't super famous until The Hunger Games. No one knew who Jennifer Lawrence was when First Class came out. Notice that the advertisements didn't emphasize her name. Winter's Bone got her critical notice, but it wasn't until The Hunger Games that she had the media noticing her. Regardless, First Class was written with Mystique in a larger role already in mind.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Nonono, she was well-known before First Class came out. I remember.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:44 PM
Say Something Nice

"Known," but not "well-known." Prior to X-Men: First Class, Jen was in the movie Winter's Bone and the TV show The Bill Engvall Show. It was The Hunger Games that put her over the top.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

She was pretty well-known already.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:48 PM
Say Something Nice

Yes, but not famous. She was well known in acting circles, but she didn't have the entire media fawning over her until after The Hunger Games. Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansson were far more famous than Jen when First Class came out. Now she eclipses them both.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

No, she was famous. I remember.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:51 PM
Say Something Nice

Really? Because I'd never heard of her when First Class came out. I thought, "who's that hot blonde replacing Rebecca Romijn as Mystique?" But I didn't know who she was until The Hunger Games came out.