Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2018, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Gifted (TV Series) #2 - [Season 2, Episode 14: calaMity | February 12th at 9pm EST on FOX]

The Gifted tells the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

CAST:

Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker
Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker
Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker
Blair Redford as John Proudstar/Thunderbird
Jamie Chung as Clarice Fong/Blink
Sean Teale as Marcos Diaz/Eclipse
Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane/Polaris
Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker
Coby Bell as Jace Turner

THE GIFTED SOCIAL MEDIA

Official Website (FOX)
Sentinel Services (Viral)
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-13-2019 at 03:17 PM
Old 01-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link, LightYears! That's awesome news! Hopefully this means that in season 2 they have Havok on The Gifted so that Alex and Lorna can finally meet on the show and give us some Polaris-on-Havok action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Yes, The Gifted has its own continuity. It's not in the same continuity as the films.
Wow, I'm shocked that sum1 actually admitted that. And I reposted everyone else's posts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
DAMNIT! I didn't realize it came back. I'll have to post my thoughts after I watch.

This board was overrun by movie fans. Some liked Evo and the cartoons,but if you talked about Alex and Scott or anything like that, they kept saying you were OT. How? They're brothers and both exist in the movies.

I'm glad that two comic fans finally run the board. I got fed up with being scolded and told to focus on the movies. This isn't the X-Men movies board, it's the X-Men board.

It's kind of happening on the Gifted board. Do we have a Polaris thread?

ETA: Wow. I really,really want to slap those dumb s. I'm excited about The Hellfire Club happening after all,but I just seriously want to hit the Cuckoos.

Emma should be on the show if they're going by Frost. We'll never see Magneto,but Emma should show up and so should Sebastien Shaw. I'm wondering who that dude was, though.

I rematched DOFP and Sunspot was in that, too. He seemed more like Marcos in it.

I'll give Turner credit-He tried to to the legal, merciful thing. Esme is the one who ignited things and made them go to extremes.

I feel bad for John,but a lot ore sympathy for Lauren.
Quote:
We don't have a Polaris thead yet.

I know what it's like to be told to focus on the movies, not the comics.

Yeah, Sunspot was in Days of Future Past, played by one of the guys from Designated Survivor. I think the actor was in The Following too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylvan (View Post)
Love how much all three Cuckoos actually share screen time, speak in unison, and constantly finish each others sentences. Must be tricky to film but it's worth it. Their hive mind is so interesting and I enjoy their creepy synchronization. Pretty much everything I wanted when I heard they were coming to the show.

The juxtaposition between Ed and Sonya's funerals was great. Shows how pointless and stupid the conflict is, both sides are just people.

I think the showrunner Matt Nix said at Comic Con that the show takes place in it's own continuity, separate from the movies.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link, LightYears. To be honest, I really don't care if Singer stays on as Executive Producer or not. Matt Nix has things well in hand, and if Singer leaves, good riddance. He's probably gonna be gone from the entire X-Men franchise.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Usual Suspects is a crap film anyway.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The Usual Suspects is a crap film anyway.
Yet another thing we agree on! Two perverts in the same movie, Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer. Although I still do love L.A. Confidential. Singer didn't direct that one, btw.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Still need to see The Usual Suspects. Agreed about L.A. Confidential though.

‘The Gifted’ Season 2: Skyler Samuels Promoted to Series Regular | TVLine
Old 01-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Total Fan

Ooh, really happy about that news.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link, LightYears! I just heard that myself! It's great that Skylar will be a series regular next season! I love her character(s). Now we just need Alex Summers on the show.

Here's the promo for the season 1 finale:

Old 01-12-2018, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Usual Suspects had huge hype and I was vey disappointed in it. Once you get past the twist there isn't that much to it.

It's been a long time since I saw LA Confidential. I remember it had good acting. Including Kevin Spacey. He's a good actor no matter what sort of creep he is in real life. I generally try to separate the art from the artist when it comes to people in the arts who are rotten characters in real life, but some people I find that harder to do with, like Mel Gibson (who I've got a eternal grudge against). I'll never be able to think of Spacey the same way again. And thank goodness I've never had to see Harvey Weinstein actually onscreen.

Generally I find that separate-the-artist-from-the-art thing works better with writers than with actors, like Dostoyevsky being a horrible antisemite but a great writer and H P Lovecraft being a great writer and a horrible bigot. There are many arguments both for and against separating art from the artists in the case of scumbags, but I generally feel that work in the arts is very important and the human race needs as much of it as it can get. It's all part of the human experience and that's valuable. We need to understand our human race better, even the ugly parts of human nature, and the arts are the key to that.

It's a complicated topic.

Thanks for the link, LightYears.

Thanks for the vid, Alex.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, sum1. And I totally get separating the artist from the art. I've said the same thing about Alfred Hitchcock, while I abhor what he did to Tippi Hedren, I'll always love his films. And L.A. Confidential is one of those rare modern noir films that actually gets it right. So few ever do, like Chinatown.

Oh, and I misspelled Skyler's name as Skylar.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chinatown was a very interesting film, though that was also directed by a scumbag.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, we can't win with these guys, can we, sum1? I'm willing to just enjoy the movies and ignore the scumbag actor and director. But anyone who works with Woody Allen needs to be slapped in the face.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

That would lead to a very large number of people being slapped in the face.