Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2017, 04:58 PM
  #226
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 137,051
Thanks for that, LightYears! I hope the connection with the X-Men has something to do with Havok! I really hope the show gets renewed and that Alex and Lorna meet in season 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch with claws (View Post)
I kind of feel like that's because they haven't announced what the next episode name titles are yet. Though not sure.
They may just know when the 2 hour finale is going to be, and posting it.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:59 PM
  #227
Master Fan

 
LightYears's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,441
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt the X-Men connection has to do with Havok. More than likely it's about Magneto.
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:50 PM
  #228
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 137,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt the X-Men connection has to do with Havok. More than likely it's about Magneto.
Perhaps, but the creator of The Gifted has also said that he's thinking about exploring the Havok/Polaris storyline, and I posted that article here a while back. So even if Magneto is the reference in the finale, that doesn't mean that Alex won't appear in the second season. Alex/Lorna have too much history to ignore.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:01 AM
  #229
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 81,132
Just wait and see.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:25 PM
  #230
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 137,051
Yep, for right now I'm just hoping that The Gifted gets another season.

OMG, did anyone see last night's episode? I didn't expect the kids to get captured! Andy chose not to join his power and Lauren's because he didn't want to kill anyone. And Sonia and Clarice got captured!

I thought it was cool when Andy and Lauren first tried to practice using their powers in front of their parents, and they nearly destroyed the entire compound. He rips molecules apart, and she pushes them together, so the two of them combined can rearrange matter itself.

I'm a bit suspicious of Esme's motives. She only seems concerned about rescuing her family from Trask, and she's willing to telepathically manipulate Polaris to do it. I understand she wants to free her family, but she can't be reckless about doing it and risk the lives of the others. That dream that Esme gave Lorna was freaky. And did anyone else notice that the actress playing Esme was the same actress from season one of Scream Queens?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:57 PM
  #231
Master Fan

 
Against_all_odds's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 10,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yep, for right now I'm just hoping that The Gifted gets another season.

OMG, did anyone see last night's episode? I didn't expect the kids to get captured! Andy chose not to join his power and Lauren's because he didn't want to kill anyone. And Sonia and Clarice got captured!

I thought it was cool when Andy and Lauren first tried to practice using their powers in front of their parents, and they nearly destroyed the entire compound. He rips molecules apart, and she pushes them together, so the two of them combined can rearrange matter itself.

I'm a bit suspicious of Esme's motives. She only seems concerned about rescuing her family from Trask, and she's willing to telepathically manipulate Polaris to do it. I understand she wants to free her family, but she can't be reckless about doing it and risk the lives of the others. That dream that Esme gave Lorna was freaky. And did anyone else notice that the actress playing Esme was the same actress from season one of Scream Queens?
It is. Skyler Samuels was listed in the credits-It's great to see her on tv again.

The X-Men connection is probably Magneto,but it would be stupidity not to mention Havok,at least in a passing reference. She had a life before Marcos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)



I just saw The Gifted! This one was the best yet! Reed is actually a mutant! His father was a mutant! Reed's father was a son of one of the Von Strucker twins! Poor Pulse died. John Proudstar was awesome, as always. Lorna was pissed at Marcos for most of the episode, but they made up in the end. Okay, when is Marcos' cartel involvement gonna get him killed so Lorna can end up with Alex Summers?


Likely never. I don't mind his character since I love Sean Teale,but they have minor, obscure mutants at the forefront when mutants people are more familiar with, like Sage are minor characters. Dreamer isn't even a mutant, she's a Morlock. They probably did this so that they didn't have to bring in heavy hitters or try and replace any of the onscreen mutants.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 12-06-2017 at 09:02 PM
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:08 AM
  #232
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 81,132
Morlocks are mutants.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:40 PM
  #233
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 137,051
Skyler Samuels! That's right, I knew I knew her! Thanks!

sum1 is right, Morocks are mutants. They're just called Morlocks after H.G. Wells' The Time Machine because they live underground as outcasts.

Well, who says that Havok has to be part of Polaris' past? He could be someone she meets after Marcos. I wouldn't want The Gifted to not explore the Havok/Polaris relationship at all or reduce it to a footnote or some kind of backstory. Also, who said that Havok was a "heavy-hitter?" The X-Men films really didn't do his character justice, which seems par for the course with the Summers brothers, sadly. Sure, Alex was in First Class, but merely as a supporting character. He wasn't any more or less important than Banshee or Emma Frost. The movie was centered on Charles, Erik, Raven, Hank, and Moira. Alex had a brief cameo appearance in Days of Future Past, where if you blinked you'd literally miss him. I know, because it wasn't until I watched the movie a second time that I realized that blonde guy in Vietnam was actually Alex. And in Apocalypse, Alex's role was merely to facilitate Cyclops' induction into the X-Men, which I suspect was the filmmakers' intention all along in First Class. He's in the movie briefly before he's killed off - again, par for the course for the Summers brothers.

So since Alex is officially dead in the movies, which never really gave his character his due nor had any real use for him, then why not let the creators of The Gifted use him on the show where they can expand on his character and allow him to be more than just a footnote. Alex and Lorna's storyline in the comics is one of the longest running relationships in the X-Men, and it certainly merits inclusion in Polaris' storyline. I don't have anything against Marcos, but I don't see his character as entirely essential. He doesn't exist in the comics, and is only loosely based on Bobby "Sunspot" de Costa from The New Mutants. But aside from Polaris' current pregnancy storyline and the whole subplot involving the Cartel, I don't think takes precedence over the Alex/Lorna storyline that spans decades and is almost as important as Scott/Jean.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:47 AM
  #234
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 81,132
Alex/Lorna has always been the poor man's Scott/Jean.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:48 PM
  #235
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 137,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Alex/Lorna has always been the poor man's Scott/Jean.
True, but they should at least be allowed to be the poor man's Scott/Jean in the films/TV shows. The Gifted and any other X-shows are obviously never going to be able to use Scott/Jean, so why not use the next best thing, Alex/Lorna?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:24 PM
  #236
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 81,132
Even if Gifted isn't in-continuity with the movies, they may want to keep to the basic elements of the story as laid out in the films. Which means Alex being from an earlier generation. That would probably preclude Alex/Lorna. Personally I'm not expecting them to do Alex/Lorna.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:39 AM
  #237
Master Fan

 
Against_all_odds's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 10,434
Aren't the Morlocks different,though? Weren't they targeted because they were impure,lower-level mutants? Callisto,Caliban and Marrow are the only ones I can think of. Do they have a relationship with the X-Men? Does the public acknowledge them?

I haven't read anything involving them in eons,but there was a villain whose name escapes me,but he targeted Morlocks. I know Gambit killed a lot of them,too.

I seriously doubt they'll do Alex/Lorna. They'd have to recast the actor and the story would take a different tone. Right now,it's a lot like Heroes. If Alex was around,they'd be closer to a team,like X-Force or something along those lines.
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:40 AM
  #238
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 137,051
Well, the creator of The Gifted did say in an interview that they are definitely thinking about the Havok/Polaris storyline on the show, so I'll leave it at that. They've already confirmed that Lorna is Magneto's daughter, so if they can do that they can certainly do Alex/Lorna.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:33 AM
  #239
Master Fan

 
Against_all_odds's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 10,434
Hmm...that is promising. Plus,they mentioned that the kids's great-grandparents were in the Hellfire club. That's pretty awesome.
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:44 PM
  #240
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 81,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Aren't the Morlocks different,though? Weren't they targeted because they were impure,lower-level mutants? Callisto,Caliban and Marrow are the only ones I can think of. Do they have a relationship with the X-Men? Does the public acknowledge them?

I haven't read anything involving them in eons,but there was a villain whose name escapes me,but he targeted Morlocks. I know Gambit killed a lot of them,too.

I seriously doubt they'll do Alex/Lorna. They'd have to recast the actor and the story would take a different tone. Right now,it's a lot like Heroes. If Alex was around,they'd be closer to a team,like X-Force or something along those lines.
The Morlocks are just mutants who reject society. They lived in tunnels under New York. They were targeted because Mr Sinister thought they were inferior. He sent the Marauders to kill them, which led to the first Wolverine/Sabertooth fight. Gambit was involved, but I don't think he killed Morlocks directly.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone

Last edited by sum1; 12-09-2017 at 03:49 PM
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.