Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-24-2017, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Brad Pitt is a massively talented actor, one of the best, who can do things most other actors just can't, but he's not at all appropriate for Cable.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea the trailer was great
Old 03-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Brad Pitt is a massively talented actor, one of the best, who can do things most other actors just can't, but he's not at all appropriate for Cable.
Really? This is where we'll have to disagree again, sum1. Brad Pitt for me is second only to Keanu Reeves in terms of bad acting. He actually can't do things other actors can, like shift accents and disappear into roles. He's always Brad Pitt, and he usually gets acted off the screen when paired with another, more talented actor like Cate Blanchett, Ed Norton, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman, or Christoph Waltz. His performances in Troy, Seven Years In Tibet, Meet Joe Black, and Interview With The Vampire were all painful to watch. I've followed him since Thelma & Louise, and I've never seen an actor ride for so long on his looks. He got an Oscar nomination for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button when CGI and makeup did most of the work. I don't know, I think he overreached early in his career, thinking he could have a wider range, and he eventually narrowed his field to things like Moneyball where he didn't have to stretch too much. He's more Robert Redford, not Marlon Brando. Oh, well... I do agree he's not appropriate for Cable.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be weird to see him as Cable
Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Really? This is where we'll have to disagree again, sum1. Brad Pitt for me is second only to Keanu Reeves in terms of bad acting. He actually can't do things other actors can, like shift accents and disappear into roles. He's always Brad Pitt, and he usually gets acted off the screen when paired with another, more talented actor like Cate Blanchett, Ed Norton, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman, or Christoph Waltz.
On the contrary, he can shift accents (see Snatch) and he has a wide range. He can go from innocent, boyish fool (Burn after Reading) to alpha male psycho (Fight Club) to tough, grim, complicated tank officer (Fury) to romantic interest with dangerous undertones (Meet Joe Black), to enlightened opponent of slavery in 12 Years a Slave, to down and out “good old boy” serial killer in Kalifornia, to proud, egotistical epic hero in Troy.

As for your list of supposedly more talented actors who supposedly act him off the screen, I can only shake my head in despair. Granted, Morgan Freeman and Christoph Waltz are very talented actors, though not more talented than Pitt, but the others… ! Cate Blanchett is no use for anything other than going around looking like she thinks she’s superior to everyone else. Marion Cotillard has delivered shallow, superficial performance after shallow, superficial performance. And Ed Norton did a good job in Fight Club, but more often than not he’s just majorly annoying. He was the worst thing in that Hulk film.
Quote:
His performances in Troy, Seven Years In Tibet, Meet Joe Black, and Interview With The Vampire were all painful to watch.
I haven’t seen 7 Years in Tibet in a long, long time, so I won’t address that. But as for the others… His performance in Troy perfectly fit Achilles as he is written in the Iliad. What Pitt put on the screen is there in the book. It was a brilliant performance. No actor could have hoped to do it better. That’s one of my favorite films. It has so many great performances and is founded on pure gold mythology. In Meet Joe Black he spectacularly laced a romantic love interest role with a steely, chilling underlying menace. It was a wonderful, subtle performance. Interview With the Vampire is a film with many faults, but Pitt is not one of them. He put a lot of heart and sincerity into his performance and his steady, melancholy voiceover was spectacular.
Quote:
I've followed him since Thelma & Louise, and I've never seen an actor ride for so long on his looks.
On the contrary, he’s been held back by his looks, because people like yourself have refused to take him seriously on account of his looks. It’s a regular sort of prejudice levelled at actors. I can’t count the number of beautiful actresses who’ve gotten sneered at as supposedly having no talent because people don’t want to admit that talent and looks can go together.
Quote:
He got an Oscar nomination for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button when CGI and makeup did most of the work.
I didn’t see that film, but he also got nominated for Moneyball and 12 Monkeys, with two very different roles. But then Oscars are no indication of talent or he’d have a shelf of them.
Quote:
I don't know, I think he overreached early in his career, thinking he could have a wider range, and he eventually narrowed his field to things like Moneyball where he didn't have to stretch too much. He's more Robert Redford, not Marlon Brando. Oh, well... I do agree he's not appropriate for Cable.
Marlon Brando was one of the most overrated pompous asses ever to walk the face of the Earth. All of his “great” performances are vastly overrated. If Marlon Brando had a fraction of the talent of Brad Pitt I’d have a lot more respect for him.

So yes, I think we should agree to disagree.

Last edited by sum1; 03-26-2017 at 10:45 AM
Old 03-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And I'll stay out of this cause don't really have an opinion on Brad Pitt
Old 03-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wise choice.

Alex: PM

Last edited by sum1; 03-26-2017 at 02:14 PM
Old 03-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Got your PM, sum1. I replied.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How to get back on topic to Deadpool 2
Old 03-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Didn't I mention the Deadpool 2 trailer I saw when I went to see Logan in the theater? Although the version I saw was the red band trailer, which was a lot more intense.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

I already posted both versions in the OP. Although, it's not a trailer. It's actually a short to promote the movie. None of the footage will be in the second one.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
I already posted both versions in the OP. Although, it's not a trailer. It's actually a short to promote the movie. None of the footage will be in the second one.
Really? Are we allowed to post red band trailers? They get a bit... racy.

Thanks, LightYears! Yeah, I know it's more of a promo and not a trailer.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

LightYears already had trouble with that on another board, an expereience which she didn't seem to enjoy, so I say as long as Sarah has no problem with it, let it pass.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

It's okay, sum1. I know that Alex wasn't being serious. I also prefer it if you guys don't bring it up with Moderator Managers. I haven't posted on that certain board since it happened, and I decided it was best that I avoid posting there, so no need to involve them.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ok.