Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Sara Lance worshipper

Well, don't forget that Jean was on the second X-Men team as well, dragonfire. X-Men became a hit during Jean's Phoenix period. The original X-Men team wasn't that successful because they were a bit bland and looked too much like the FF. So they stopped wearing matching outfits and began having signature outfits like The Avengers. Oh, and they added all the new characters.

PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ that is true

Wanted to ask what woulf of been the original ending for the movie before the re did it?

Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, don't forget that Jean was on the second X-Men team as well, dragonfire. X-Men became a hit during Jean's Phoenix period. The original X-Men team wasn't that successful because they were a bit bland and looked too much like the FF. So they stopped wearing matching outfits and began having signature outfits like The Avengers. Oh, and they added all the new characters.
Jean was only in the new team for short while, then she was replaced with Phoenix, and she was gone in a few years too. For most of the '80s Jean was not a member of the team and that was when the team as at its best.

tuck frump
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Sara Lance worshipper

I have no idea what the original ending for the movie would've been, Petra. I know there were a lot of reshoots, but I do wish they'd have released the film earlier and made it a two-parter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Jean was only in the new team for short while, then she was replaced with Phoenix, and she was gone in a few years too. For most of the '80s Jean was not a member of the team and that was when the team as at its best.
Yeah, but technically that was a retcon, sum1. As far as Chris Claremont was concerned, that was the real Jean who was the Phoenix in the 70s, and who died. It was in the 80s that Marvel decided to bring Jean back in X-Factor by retconning her story and making the Phoenix a Jean doppelganger while the real Jean was in that cocoon at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

I am fully aware of that. But every time I say they killed Jean off in the comics in the Dark Phoenix Saga you say that wasn't really Jean. Make up your mind.

tuck frump
Old 07-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I have no idea what the original ending for the movie would've been, Petra. I know there were a lot of reshoots, but I do wish they'd have released the film earlier and made it a two-parter.

Yeah, but technically that was a retcon, sum1. As far as Chris Claremont was concerned, that was the real Jean who was the Phoenix in the 70s, and who died. It was in the 80s that Marvel decided to bring Jean back in X-Factor by retconning her story and making the Phoenix a Jean doppelganger while the real Jean was in that cocoon at the bottom of the Atlantic.
didnt it say it was similar to another marvel movie??

Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Captain Marvel

tuck frump
Old 07-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Sara Lance worshipper

Quote:
I am fully aware of that. But every time I say they killed Jean off in the comics in the Dark Phoenix Saga you say that wasn't really Jean. Make up your mind.
Okay.

Yeah, that was the "official" reason given, but I still think it was bogus. Dark Phoenix ended up using shape-shifting aliens anyway, even though they weren't Skrulls, so I don't see why it would've been an issue. And since Dark Phoenix would've come out before Captain Marvel if they'd opened in 2018 like they originally planned, it wouldn't have been an issue at all. As I said, they should've used the damn Shi'ar.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Jean Grey Looks Like Captain Marvel In New Dark Phoenix Concept Art
Quote:
Shared on Instagram by concept artist Houston Sharp is an illustration he created for Dark Phoenix visualizing the film's end. In it, a glowing Jean Grey blasts off to outer space, which is reminiscent of Carol Danvers in her Binary Form. In the caption, the creator explained, "this shot for the final sequence was changed a bit in the released film." As fans know, the film ended with Jean fully unleashing the power of the Dark Phoenix after killing Vuk (Jessica Chastain). She then disappears and the burst of energy she releases takes the form of a phoenix. Check out the image below:
Quote:
The public initially assumed that McAvoy was referencing Captain Marvel when he talked about Dark Phoenix's original ending having similarities with another comic book film. Both movies were supposed to include the Skrulls, after all. However, the Kinberg-directed flick used an entirely different shape-shifting extraterrestrial in their movie with the D'Bari. According to Tye Sheridan (Cyclops), the final action set piece of Dark Phoenix was supposed to take place in New York and was set to feature Jean Grey battling herds of Skrulls. Considering the timeline of both films, it seems unlikely that Kinberg and his team had intel on what was going on with the Marvel Studios film, but given the recent reveals, it sounds like their movie had more similarities to Captain Marvel than Civil War.
Quote:
Based on the concept art, it does seem like Dark Phoenix was supposed to keep Jean Grey alive, perhaps only going off world, which would've directly paralleled how Captain Marvel ended with Carol going with the Skrulls. This fits in with reports that the project was originally going to be two films until Fox changed its mind and mandated Kinberg do a rewrite. It's unclear what prompted the studio's decision, but it may have something to do with Disney's acquisition of Fox's TV and movie assets. While Dark Phoenix began development way before the sale was made public, it's plausible that the executives knew what was coming, hence, only accommodating one final film from the X-Men franchise.
https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-...aptain-marvel/
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Sara Lance worshipper

That sounds like typical Hollywood bull, dragnfire. First of all, the Captain Marvel movie should never have done the Binary thing in the first place. This misplaced feminist and totally misandrist attitude towards Mar-Vell was unnecessary. Carol should've inherited the mantle from Mar-Vell after he dies of cancer like in the comics and been made Protector of the Universe, along with being given the nega-bands. That way there would've been no need to change Dark Phoenix, and as a result, Dark Phoenix ended up being screwed. This is why I hate Hollywood, because they're always compromised by their stupid damn politics.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Binary was invented after Phoenix anyway.

tuck frump
Old 07-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Sara Lance worshipper

Quote:
Binary was invented after Phoenix anyway.
Exactly. Carol was turned into Binary after Rogue stole her powers and her memories, leaving her an empty shell, and the Shi'ar turned Carol into Binary. It has nothing to do with the Captain Marvel storyline, and Marvel is stupid for mixing up all these storylines that don't fit together.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Underway On ‘355’ At Uni With ‘The War Of The Worlds’ Series For Apple, Simon Kinberg Ends Long Fox Run
Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: One day into production in Europe on the global spy thriller 355 that he hatched with Jessica Chastain for Universal, FilmNation and Freckle Films, Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films is quietly exiting his overall film deal at Fox this month. That brings to an end a 20-year run where he has worked steadily, pretty much since he sold to the studio his first script out of Columbia University, Mr and Mrs. Smith. Genre has had an overall Fox film deal since 2010.
Quote:
Even though the exit comes on the heels of disappointing returns on the X-Men First Class film Dark Phoenix, the timing is coincidental. Kinberg had planned this exit for at least half a year, as Disney was making plans to take it over, with the X-Men franchise steered by Marvel impresario Kevin Feige. Sources said that Kinberg could have, but decided not to make another deal with a major studio. Instead, he aligned with private backing — his camp wouldn’t be specific about the new backer — that sources said gives him ample overhead and more freedom because he is able to spread the projects he writes, produces and directs across town. He’s trying to take full advantage of the various studio and streaming outlets hungry for films that are making it confining to be shackled to one studio.
https://deadline.com/2019/07/simon-k...ne-1202643741/
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Sara Lance worshipper

Thanks, dragonfire. Good riddance, I have to say, after the way he botched things with X-Men.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

So you're taking the critics' view?

tuck frump
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top