Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2020, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I see. Well, I've been a fan of Scott and Jean's relationship for a while now, but mostly from their storylines from the 1970s and 1980s in X-Men and X-Factor. That affair with Emma Frost was a psychic one, so I don't know if it counts. If it's only in the mind is it really cheating? But that was in 21st century X-Men, and sum1 and I really don't like comics after 2000 because Marvel just screwed everything up.

I guess I see what you mean. If you can improve both Jean and Scott and make them what they should be that would be awesome. And yeah, I agree with you about how Marvel overdid it with the Phoenix Force.

Well, I don't have to friend you for you to send me a PM. You can PM anyone here if you want. Just send me the PM and I'll get it. And that's good about Thunderbird. I've never liked it when characters got too overpowered.

Oh, I see. Interesting storyline you have there for Gambit and Rogue. I'm not sure, but I think he was a criminal at one point in the comics, I forgot. But that would be interesting. Oh, and Thanos is in this? He never gets involved with the X-Men.

Maybe one day I'll post what my idea for the MCU was. A six volume cinematic miniseries.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I see. Well, I've been a fan of Scott and Jean's relationship for a while now, but mostly from their storylines from the 1970s and 1980s in X-Men and X-Factor. That affair with Emma Frost was a psychic one, so I don't know if it counts. If it's only in the mind is it really cheating? But that was in 21st century X-Men, and sum1 and I really don't like comics after 2000 because Marvel just screwed everything up.

I guess I see what you mean. If you can improve both Jean and Scott and make them what they should be that would be awesome. And yeah, I agree with you about how Marvel overdid it with the Phoenix Force.

Well, I don't have to friend you for you to send me a PM. You can PM anyone here if you want. Just send me the PM and I'll get it. And that's good about Thunderbird. I've never liked it when characters got too overpowered.

Oh, I see. Interesting storyline you have there for Gambit and Rogue. I'm not sure, but I think he was a criminal at one point in the comics, I forgot. But that would be interesting. Oh, and Thanos is in this? He never gets involved with the X-Men.

Maybe one day I'll post what my idea for the MCU was. A six volume cinematic miniseries.
Yeah, I've been surrounded by fans who hate most post millennium era Marvel comics, so... I'm grateful for that. There are hidden gems and awesome characters that have been introduced after 2000. But in terms of building strong narratives, I rely on knowledgeable comic fans, research of my own, as well as my own storytelling skills.

Yeah psychic affairs count in my book lol

The Phoenix Force is a wonderful idea, that was squandered by poor narrative decisions, and insane retcons and inconsistencies imo. The Phoenix Force should have been Marvel's equivalent to Star Wars' "The Force", in that its an energy gifted Mutants (okay, Mutants only) can tap into. And the focus on it being only strong with telepaths is total nonsense, and even worse is the idea there's only one person to be the one true master of this force... when it simply should be any Mutant who is specially gifted, or in touch with their Mutant powers/gifts, has Phoenix's potential.

However, since that wasn't the path they chose, I'll have to write in accordance with canon, enough to rewrite and refine the Phoenix's plot. Speaking of the Phoenix, Thanos gets involved because the Avengers, the X-Men and Phoenix, the F4, the "cosmic terrorist group" and the new Cosmic Entity all get involved, where the Infinity Stones are concerned.

Look out for a PM at some point, I will be sharing some spoilers, that means DO NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE lol I mean it

I'll also explain Gambit in more detail, as far as a "criminal" background. I think it'll shed a lot more light on the character, esp as he drops his identity as Gambit, and becomes something else.

Oooooh ideas of your own MCU huh? Well... there are other animators in our group. We collectively may wanna create a miniseries based on your idea and with all works, anything contributed is fully credited to the original fan author

Last edited by MarvelousToons; 06-08-2020 at 01:35 PM Reason: forgot to address Thanos
Old 06-08-2020, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, you'll find that sum1 and I are no fans of post-2000 Marvel. Marvel has turned their backs on everything that made these characters great in favor of trying to be "progressive" or some such nonsense. They don't get that by doing that they'll eventually make comics irrelevant and obsolete. The only way comic book characters stand the test of time is due to their timelessness.

Oh, well... if there was no actual intercourse it doesn't count with me.

Well, I could argue that the Infinity Gems could've been Marvel's Star Wars if they didn't screw it up in the MCU. But I agree that the Phoenix Force could've also been done better as well. I had wished that the new movies would've introduced the Shi'ar, but no such luck. I do think that the original Dark Phoenix storyline from the 1970s and early 80s was great, but then Marvel kinda screwed it up later on. Good "Force" analogy, though. Yeah, it shouldn't just be telepaths.

Ahem... they're "Infinity Gems." That MCU crap called them "stones," but I have no idea why. Typical Hollywood crap. A stone can be anything. A Tombstone. A sandstone. A kidney stone. The Gems are clearly crystalline gems, which is much more specific.

I'm glad that you're staying as close to canon as you can. Thanos is an interesting addition.

I saw that you posted that you couldn't PM me. I don't know why, we should all be able to PM each other. Are you sure you did it correctly? I sent you a PM and you should be able to send a return PM or a reply to me. Don't worry, I won't share spoilers with anyone. I hope the information on Gambit is good.

Yeah, I rewrote the MCU as a cinematic miniseries.

The Avengers: The Saga of Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Volume I: Avengers Assemble

Chapter I: The Invincible Iron Man - Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Obidiah Stane(Iron Monger)
Chapter II: Captain America: The Super Soldier - Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter, Nick Fury, The Red Skull, HYDRA
Chapter III: The Incredible Hulk - Bruce Banner, Elizabeth Ross, The Abomination, The Leader, A.I.M.
Chapter IV: The Mighty Thor - Thor Odison(Dr. Donald Blake), Jane Foster, Loki, The Destroyer
Chapter V: The Astonishing Ant-Man - Henry "Hank" Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Nicky Fury, Eric O'Grady(Yellowjacket)
Chapter VI: The Avengers - Loki, Skrulls, Emperor Dorrek

That's just Volume I. Six more volumes follow. Characters will include Adam Warlock and the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man, Tigra, and the Agents of SHIELD - Hawkeye, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Falcon, Monica Rambeau, Nick Fury, Eric O'Grady. Also, The Elders of the Universe, The High Evolutionary, Galactus, Michael Korvac, Thanos, The Celestials, the Xandarian Nova Corps, the Skrulls, the Kree, the Eternals, and the Deviants will all be included.

Volume II: Masters of Evil
Volume III: Wrath of Ultron
Volume IV: Civil War
Volume V: The Kree-Skrull War/The Korvac Saga
Volume VI: Infinity War

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-08-2020 at 05:29 PM
Old 06-08-2020, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, you'll find that sum1 and I are no fans of post-2000 Marvel. Marvel has turned their backs on everything that made these characters great in favor of trying to be "progressive" or some such nonsense. They don't get that by doing that they'll eventually make comics irrelevant and obsolete. The only way comic book characters stand the test of time is due to their timelessness.

Oh, well... if there was no actual intercourse it doesn't count with me.

Well, I could argue that the Infinity Gems could've been Marvel's Star Wars if they didn't screw it up in the MCU. But I agree that the Phoenix Force could've also been done better as well. I had wished that the new movies would've introduced the Shi'ar, but no such luck. I do think that the original Dark Phoenix storyline from the 1970s and early 80s was great, but then Marvel kinda screwed it up later on. Good "Force" analogy, though. Yeah, it shouldn't just be telepaths.

Ahem... they're "Infinity Gems." That MCU crap called them "stones," but I have no idea why. Typical Hollywood crap. A stone can be anything. A Tombstone. A sandstone. A kidney stone. The Gems are clearly crystalline gems, which is much more specific.

I'm glad that you're staying as close to canon as you can. Thanos is an interesting addition.

I saw that you posted that you couldn't PM me. I don't know why, we should all be able to PM each other. Are you sure you did it correctly? I sent you a PM and you should be able to send a return PM or a reply to me. Don't worry, I won't share spoilers with anyone. I hope the information on Gambit is good.

Yeah, I rewrote the MCU as a cinematic miniseries.

The Avengers: The Saga of Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Volume I: Avengers Assemble

Chapter I: The Invincible Iron Man - Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Obidiah Stane(Iron Monger)
Chapter II: Captain America: The Super Soldier - Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter, Nick Fury, The Red Skull, HYDRA
Chapter III: The Incredible Hulk - Bruce Banner, Elizabeth Ross, The Abomination, The Leader, A.I.M.
Chapter IV: The Mighty Thor - Thor Odison(Dr. Donald Blake), Jane Foster, Loki, The Destroyer
Chapter V: The Astonishing Ant-Man - Henry "Hank" Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Nicky Fury, Eric O'Grady(Yellowjacket)
Chapter VI: The Avengers - Loki, Skrulls, Emperor Dorrek

That's just Volume I. Six more volumes follow. Characters will include Adam Warlock and the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man, Tigra, and the Agents of SHIELD - Hawkeye, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Falcon, Monica Rambeau, Nick Fury, Eric O'Grady. Also, The Elders of the Universe, The High Evolutionary, Galactus, Michael Korvac, Thanos, The Celestials, the Xandarian Nova Corps, the Skrulls, the Kree, the Eternals, and the Deviants will all be included.

Volume II: Masters of Evil
Volume III: Wrath of Ultron
Volume IV: Civil War
Volume V: The Kree-Skrull War/The Korvac Saga
Volume VI: Infinity War
Don't get me wrong, I actually love the MCU, and I do understand that they had to condense and change a lot for the sake of such cinematic production. The MCU is what rly brought me into the whole Marvel Universe, despite having some exposure from the X-men, watching some Spiderman cartoons, and such.

However, there were quite a few of the changes I felt... did hamper the narrative, Thor being a prime example. Thor is a character I've REALLY put a lot of development into, give him a lot more depth and backstory, and highlight more of the Norse culture into Asgard.

I also don't mind them wanting to be progressive... so long it's not corporate marketing hack bull**** (*cough* SNOWFLAKE AND SAFESPACE *cough* AND CHILDREN OF THE ATOM *cough again*) that is pure cringe, and just begging at an audience, that... isn't EVEN into comics to begin with.

And forgive me ahead of time, I actually more call them "Infinity Gems" in this anime series, as these "gemstones" being inorganic, pre-creation solidified elemental crystalline... things... they play a major role in the new Phoenix Trilogy. Gambit's story is gonna be a good one, all the mods and admins of other groups I've shared his story with... are really intrigued and down for it

Heh, NOOOOICE! I love the line up of how your story is created!

If you are open to the whole fan collab culture, I'm certain everyone would love to see this series put into some form of motion picture
Old 06-10-2020, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, my point is that they changed too much in the MCU unnecessarily. For instance, the only reason that Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were omitted from the Avengers is because of Edgar Wright, who wrote his Ant-Man script back in 2004 and intended to make it a stand-alone film. Marvel and Disney automatically got the rights to his script when they bought back all their characters and they decided to shoehorn Edgar's script into the MCU, but it didn't work. Edgar quit the production because he didn't want to make an MCU movie, and Marvel didn't want to make an Edgar Wright movie. If the story of the MCU is about the Avengers, then you use Hank and Janet, not Scott Lang and that Hope character who doesn't even exist in the comics. That was an unnecessary change. They eliminated Hank and Janet's entire storyline from the comics, including the Ultron storyline.

Another unnecessary change was omitting Mar-Vell from the Captain Marvel storyline as Carol Danvers' lover and the one who passes the mantle on to her. Or omitting Adam Warlock from the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Thanos storyline. How can you do the Infinity Gauntlet storyline without Adam Warlock? He's the one who defeats Thanos, not Iron Man. If they'd done the story right the movies would be a lot tighter, more economically paced, more faithful to the source material, and make a lot more sense.

I agree with you about Thor as well. I also agree with you about catering to snowflakes. Look, I don't think cinema should be progressive at all, because they only end up being very dated and forgettable. The classics that stand the test of time were never progressive or politically correct. Go look at The Godfather, or Star Wars, or Pulp Fiction.

Thanks for calling them Infinity Gems. I cannot stand how illiterate Marvel Studios was for calling them "stones." I'm glad you're making good use of them in your Dark Phoenix story. Looks like you're putting Gambit through the wringer.

Thanks! I'm glad you like my six volume structure. Oh, I made a mistake with Volume VI. It's supposed to be The Infinity Gauntlet, not Infinity War. My bad. Also, Volume V was going to be titled Secret Wars and divided into two parts, the Kree-Skrull War and the Korvac Saga. I just wanted to be more specific so you'd know what storylines I was using.

The entire structure of the Avengers cinematic miniseries is designed to fit together perfectly like a jigsaw puzzle. Now, I didn't include Spider-Man, but there's room for him if necessary. My Spider-Man trilogy would not have him as a teenager because that's old. He's be in his 20s, just like in the comics, living in Manhattan, working at the Daily Bugle as a photographer while studying at NYU for his doctorate, and dating Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat.

Basically, the overreaching theme and narrative is that the Infinity Gems were created at the dawn of the universe when the creator force ended up in the form of crystallized gems. The Celestials were born a millisecond later and became shepherds of evolution and intellect in the universe. They came to Earth and experimented on early humans, creating the Eternals and the Deviants, and gave the remaining primitive humans latent DNA that would later create superhumans in the far future.

The Avengers would be the main storyline, of course, but it would also involve the High Evolutionary as the Jor-El figure, always watching from the sidelines and giving help and advice when necessary, and he'd also be Adam Warlock's benefactor in his battle against Thanos as well as a father figure, since I made Warlock his creation. Oh, and there's an awesome scene where the High Evolutionary battles Galactus to save the Earth.

The Elders of the Universe would also be involved, along with the Kree, Skrulls, Xandarians, the Eternals and Deviants on Titan, and the cyborg villain Michael Korvac, who would become a cosmic powered being after stealing some of the Power Cosmic from Galactus. There's another plot point about how the High Evolutionary was contacted by the Elders, who wanted him to join their ranks. This was during the Cold War, when nuclear war and the extinction of the human race seemed imminent, which would make the High Evolutionary the last surviving member of the human race and qualify him for inclusion among the Elders. The Evolutionary turned them down, of course. But not before The Collector told him about a cryptic prophecy, that he foresaw the coming of three who would one day challenge the power of the Elders themselves. The first was Korvac, the second was Thanos… and the third was Adam Warlock himself.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

This film wasn't great, but it was a lot better than the critics and audiences thought. Like most of Fox's X-Men-related films, it generally gave an impression that things mattered, that it cared about its characters. Unlike Disney's MCU films, which are just fun and games rollercoasters.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

sure.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, sum1. I thought it could've been better, but it wasn't nearly as bad as critics said it was.

They should've stuck closer to the comics and used the Shi'ar.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 01-25-2021, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Pissed off mofo mutant with guns.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 01-25-2021, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

When you're too lazy to just pull the trigger.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

He's pulling all the triggers.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I love how similar he is to Sylar
Old 01-26-2021, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sylar was a wanker. Magneto is cool. Magneto serves a cause he belives in. Sylar is just in it for himself.