Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Oh. Well most sports league are wrapping up their seasons or going to soon. I forgot to watch the new CBS show ''Instinct'' yesterday. Oh well. I am excited to see ''Kryton'' on SyFy.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Does it kill you just to see one sentence about which teams are playing, Rita? I don't even mention scores or players or anything.
Oh, post about which teams are playing if you have to. I just wish people didn't have to watch that stuff.

tuck frump
Old 03-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucifer

Friends

That's true, Matt. Hockey and basketball are gonna end soon, and the only sport anyone really watches in the summer is baseball, or volleyball and soccer/football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Oh, post about which teams are playing if you have to. I just wish people didn't have to watch that stuff.
No one has to, sum1. They just choose to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
it's the concept of sports that kills me, 'opiate of the masses'
Did you just apply Marxism to sports, Rita? Shame! It's hardly an opiate when it can frustrate so many people when their teams lose. It's just entertainment, and a sense of local pride.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

It's a load of bull.

tuck frump
Old 03-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Moderator Support Team
Outlaw Queen

Quote:
Lucifer

Friends

That's true, Matt. Hockey and basketball are gonna end soon, and the only sport anyone really watches in the summer is baseball, or volleyball and soccer/football.

No one has to, sum1. They just choose to.

Did you just apply Marxism to sports, Rita? Shame! It's hardly an opiate when it can frustrate so many people when their teams lose. It's just entertainment, and a sense of local pride.
it's a way to direct people's attention away from real problems, I would bet my life on it being centrally encouraged on purpose for that reason. So opiate. Plus you are being duped by corporations to spend on it. And the local pride, that just breeds violence and potential trouble. So no, I am against it full heartedly. I don't just dislike it for no reason.

~avi by Chelle
Old 03-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Shadowhunters

Friends

Jeez, okay! I won't talk about it anymore, although I strongly disagree with the whole "opiate" and "breeding violence" stuff. Sports aren't for everyone, I guess.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

I watched ''Blade Runner: 2049'' yesterday. It was pretty good I thought. Hope everyone liked it.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Nah, it was crap. It totally retconned what the Replicants were and it wasted screen time on Ryan Goose-thingy when it could have been focusing on Harrison.

tuck frump
Old 03-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

I think most people like seeing Ryan Gosling on-screen, but to each their own. The only thing I'd have changed perhaps is made the film shorter. I tried watching ''Ghost in the Shell'' last night, but the disc didn't cooperate, so I need to check out another 1 from my local library. Florida St. vs. Gonzaga to begin in Men's basketball at just after 7:00 Pacific Time today. Enjoy the games. My cable is out, so won't be able to see any today, though tomorrow I should get to.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

The X-Files

sum1 is a harsh critic, Matt.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I think most people like seeing Ryan Gosling on-screen,
Most people have bad taste in films and acting.

tuck frump
Old 03-23-2018, 03:11 PM
Moderator Support Team
Outlaw Queen

Quote:
Shadowhunters

Friends

Jeez, okay! I won't talk about it anymore, although I strongly disagree with the whole "opiate" and "breeding violence" stuff. Sports aren't for everyone, I guess.
I don't want to stop you talking about it, I just wanted to explain my point of view

~avi by Chelle
Old 03-23-2018, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Scorpion

Friends

Oh, okay, Rita.

Ugh, I hate Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. There's nothing good to watch on those days. The last time there was something I liked on Fridays and Sundays was during the 90's. You have to go all the way back to the 80's to find stuff to watch on Saturdays. Now we have hundreds of cable channels and nothing to watch.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:45 PM
Moderator Support Team
Outlaw Queen

just catch up on other stuff then

~avi by Chelle
Old 03-23-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've already watched the other stuff. Every other show has been on hiatus for the past two weeks. They don't come back until next week.