Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2019, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here is Langkawi, Malaysia (district). Pop. 85,588!

Old 07-17-2019, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Norman

We stayed 6 nights in Langkawi along Pantai Cenang. To get to the Sky Bridge, you need to take the Skycab which is one of the steepest cable car ride and there are 2 stations. You need to go to the second station, and from there you can take the Sky Glide to get to the bridge or do the nature walk through the jungle to get to the bridge, which is what we did. The panaromic views from the first station was incredible and the views from Sky Bridge was epic - in fact you can see Thailand from the bridge on the left side.
One of the pics above is Eagle Square (Dataran Lang) and the island is famous for eagles. The other pics look like people were doing the Island Hopping tour or doing the Mangroves Tour which goes around the Geopark - both tours were amazing and a must do. Langkawi had some great beaches like Pantai Cenang, Pantai Tengah, Tanjung Rhu, Datai and a few more too. The island has 3 magnificent waterfalls to see. We did the sunset cruise which was amazing and the sunset from the beaches of Pantai Cenang were incredible.

Now Redang Island and Perhentian Islands on the east side of Malaysia got some stunning beaches and is worth a visit - I loved both islands
Old 07-17-2019, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

That looks spectacular.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Langkawi is a beautiful island with things to do. Island Hopping Tour allows you to see 3 different islands around Langkawi including the Pregnant Maiden lake and Beras Barah beach. The mangrove tours goes through the Kilim Karst Geopark which includes doing some eagle feeding, going through Crocodile Cave, visit the fish farm to feed several kinds of fish including Stingrays, visit the Bat caves to see 100s of bats, sail around the Mangroves to see wildlife.

And for snorkelling, visit Pulau Payar marine park - a bit crowded but worth seeing the marine life.
The waterfalls on the island is spectacular and the ones to visit are Seven Wells (you have to climb 700 steps to get to the top) which is close to Skycab, Durian Perangi and Temurun.

Krabi and Phuket in Thailand are very close by and worth a visit. However, I prefer Phuket over Krabi and would combine that with Langkawi for one vacation trip. Phuket has lots to offer including seeing James Bond island, Big Buddha and various beaches like Patong, Kamala and Paradise beaches but in all honesty I prefer Redang and Perhentian Islands in Malaysia for its beaches
Old 07-18-2019, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like a paradise for the outdoors person.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Lot of South East Asia is incredible. Countries like Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia have so much to offer regarding culture, food, landscapes, beaches and the friendly people. It is certainly one of my favorite parts of the world that I enjoy
Old 07-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here is Phuket City. Pop. 75,573 Metro 230,000!

Old 07-19-2019, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Oh yes, good old Phuket.

The first picture is Karon viewpoint where you walk along this beautiful garden pathway and take amazing shots of the 3 beaches from its view including Kata Beach which was really nice. The 3rd one is The Big Buddha in Karon, which you climb a few steps and get a 360 degrees viewpoint which is truly magnificent - the entrance fee is free but it is a religious site so you need to dress in a modest way. The 4th picture is when you are on a speedboat and going past this on your way to Phi Phi islands close to Phuket. The 5th picture is James Bond Island which you need a speedboat to get there from Phuket and it's overcrowded with tourists taking pictures of the iconic bay. The next one are houses with weird windows. The second picture is one of the market streets and not the notoriously famous Bangla Walking Street in Patong - if you want a great nightlife then Bangla Walking Street in Patong is the place to be but I've avoided it as you will get approached by numerous "women" if you know what I mean . The last one is Promthep Cape which gives the best sunset views. Phuket is a wonderful island and it is a must do place to go. Like I said earlier, I would combine Phuket and Langkawi as one trip or combine Phuket, Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Stay 4 days in Phuket, 3 days in Langkawi, 3 days in KL and 3 days in Singapore if you are active like myself.
Phuket does have some amazing beaches and I've visited a few whilst there like Patong, Kata, Karon, Kamala, Paradise, Freedom and Surin. Patong is the most recognised beach on the island but it is overcrowded. Paradise Beach is nice but you have to pay a small entrance fee to get in which was weird but there is a walking path along the beach which is nice. I love Kata Beach a lot though. Other places like Wat Chalong Temple and Elephant Sanctuary are also a must-see. The best time to visit Phuket and Langkawi is between December and March as it is the dry season but it can still rain in the dry season.
But I do absolutely love the Perhentian Islands and Redang Island too and if you are going to Malaysia I would spend 3 nights in one of these islands located in South China Sea off the east Malaysian coast.

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 07-21-2019 at 01:07 PM
Old 07-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love all the colour in the buildings.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

Yes it is very colorful and pretty. Lot of the shopping areas in Phuket are colorful and busy. There are some good food stalls too. Thai cuisine is absolutely delicious. My wife would normally go to the shopping or market areas and I end up going with her - I hate shopping
I just love to explore the places and take beautiful pictures
Old 07-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hate shopping, but I love buying.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here is the Perhentian Island Resort!

Here is Redang Island!

Old 07-22-2019, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

That is the resort we stayed in on Perhentian Islands and yes Redang is amazing - a must visit but not easily accessible. You have to take a domestic flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terrenganu and stay the night there if you are going to Redang. For Perhentian Islands, you need to fly from KL to Kota Bahru and stay the night there . Next morning go to the appropriate Jetty nearby to take you to Redang or Perhentian Islands - both take over an hour to get there by speedboat but it's worth it. The last speedboat is around 4pm (I think) so always make sure you get the early morning one. You can go by coach from KL but it will take around 7 hours to get to Kuala Terrenganu although this is the cheaper option. We stayed at Redang Beach Resort which was amazing. That's why Malaysia is one of my favorite destinations because of its beautiful islands, KL, the culture, the food, architecture, the diversity and so on.
Langkawi is much easier to get to from KL than Redang and Perhention Islands though and probably where most tourists would go

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 07-22-2019 at 07:58 AM
Old 07-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

That looks very dreamy.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Very dreamy indeed and they do look just like the pictures that Norman posted. South East Asia is very fascinating to travel around. From the great cities of Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Bangkok (Thailand), Singapore and Jakarta (Indonesia). Then the beautiful islands with amazing beaches in these countries: Langkawi, Perhentian Islands, Redang - all in Malaysia.
Phuket and Krabi in Thailand.
Bali, Nusa Penida, Lombok and Komodo in Indonesia.
These countries have amazing geological rock formations, caves, jungles, wildlife and amazing views. Also amazing temples and other places of worship in the islands and cities. These places are a dream paradise.
Sadly, some of Bali's best beaches have been polluted with plastic garbage coming from the sea and Phuket has been polluted with too much garbage. Bali and Phuket suffer from mass tourism and Bali's street have too many motorcyclists that makes the road congested and polluted.
Lombok is next to Bali and I would recommend this island if people visit Indonesia. Bali has lost its charm and too many drunks on the southern side of the island - it's chaos, unless you stay in Ubud and the northern side of Bali where there are far less tourists. But Lombok is amazing and we spent a few days there - the coastal road is amazing and the views are spectacular, the beaches are amazing and the cliffs are just cool.

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 07-23-2019 at 02:53 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread