Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

What new threads do YOU want here on the Communites board?

This thread will be used as some sort of poll to see what new threads posters want to see here

A) Off topic
B) games
C)keep it as it is
D) other ideas

I made the thread because I noticed that some people are afraid to step into a club thread when they don't know anyone there so maybe an off topic can help the posters to get to know eachother and break the ice when visiting a thread they don't know
Also if you have an new thread idea but you're not sure if it'll fit the board don't hesitate to post your ideas here

Thanks for the time and any input is more then welcome
Nele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

^ Great idea! Thanks for posting this up Nele.

I personally mostly go to threads where I can talk about everything, sort of like an OT thread. But well I do have have fun posting at other threads where I can have common things to talk about. And I was actually wanting to vote for a but i thought there's already an off topic thread so i wouldn't want to see too much of it here.

Instead you know, I'll vote for b, games as in constructive games like the hot seat game where a person in the hot seat will be questioned by the other posters and he/she will have to answer all the question suntil the next person is chosen.

And even though i already think this board is already good enough to keep it as it is,I still got other ideas such as

- How about forming clans in here which i got from another board. So bascially what I mean by here is that everyone can form their own clans like the "I love movies clan" as the thread name and then the clan starter can give a brief description of what the clan is for which is for all lovers of movies. And those who are interested in this clan can asked to join the clan by posting in the thread. There they can also discussed their love of the different kinds of movies. But this is only an example, there can be other clans formed too.

But still ultimately, feedback is most important so everyone do participate in this poll and feel free to give your views.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

I think an off topic thread would be good, just a general sort of chat thread, where people can blab about anything....

I'm not a fan of games threads- the off topic board is full of them, i dont bother going there anymore cos of it, in moderation though, and games threads where you actually learn something about other posters could be good though...

just my 2 cents
Old 03-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

I don't want to see the board filled with ABC, 3 word post,... games either I'm more fan of constructive games where you can learn something instead of just star posting
Old 03-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, if there were games it would make it too similar to OT.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:48 AM
New Fan

What's the stance of religion threads? I'm a Christian and sometimes I've wanted someone to talk to about it, since there are times when I've needed help with my faith.

Or a thread for people who have family and friends in the military. I have a couple of people that I care for in there, and sometimes I need to talk to someone who knows what it's like.

Just wondering.
Amber83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

No games please!

I like the board as it is, I don't have any new ideas at the moment.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

No games! Well, maybe something like "Hot Seat" but definitely not "ABC" and stuff like that

And Off Topic thread is a great idea! It's good when you want to break the ice and just talk about "things" without keeping the track
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Off topic or like a Lounge type of thread would be great!

and yes no more games--there's a lot of other game threads in the other sections already.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber83
What's the stance of religion threads? I'm a Christian and sometimes I've wanted someone to talk to about it, since there are times when I've needed help with my faith.
I would love to see a religion or Christian thread as well!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrl1
I'm not sure how FF feels about religion threads so I've asked it on the moderator board. I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer
Old 03-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

I got a reply on the moderator board and it is ok to start a religious thread, so if you want you can start it
Old 03-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrl1

most definatley me too someone start it.

can't wait to see what other threads will be added to this board

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
terresita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Here's the Christian thread - click.
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I kinda miss the spooly insomniacs...

For the Young
For the Dead