Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

What The 'Bleep'#1 Alternative Words for Cursealohics

What The 'BLEEP'#1: Alternative Words for Cursealohics or Words You Find Funny!

We all have that one word that slips out!
In the heat of the moment or because we have no brain to mouth filter it just happens before we realiaze it.
Small children are notrious for picking up on this bad habit.

Trying to stop is hard,so is finding alternative words to say, because some just done have the same effect.

Do you curse? Trying to stop? Been the cause of a child learning a new word? Or just find some words and saying funny? Lets talk
!

Alternative Words found so far:
Shnookerdookies!
Fudge nuggets!
Cheese and rice!
Sugar!
God Bless America!
Poo!
Snickerdoodle!
Banana Shenanigans!
Six!... and two is eight!
God bless it!
Barbara Streisand!
Fiddle Sticks!
Jiminy Crickets!
Son of a Gun!
Egad!
Great Scott!
Caesar’s ghost!
Merlin’s beard!
Merlin’s pants!

Source

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great thread. Some of those I haven't even heard.

In my favorite series Fever by Karen Marie Moning the main character was raised not to say curse words so her sister and her came up with their own set. Ass was petunia and the f word frog. That's all I can remember off the type of my head.

April
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never used to curse, neither did my sister, but the people where she works all have major potty mouth and she's started and I've noticed now that I let a few slip. So we got to talking about 'replacement"words...her new version of the S word is "stink on a stick". I guess alliteration is key to making a new word stick

I've been trying to find one for the F word but nothing seems hard enough to fill it's place

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice thread idea.

I rarely curse, but when I do, it's when I'm upset/mad about something. On the other hand, my husband does it all the time. We both grew up with cursing in the household though.

I remember when I was younger, for the F word, I would always say "Fink!" I remember saying it in Computer Class one time, and the teacher was like: "If you say that again, I'll write you up. Don't think I don't know what you are saying." I was like as I have never been threatened to be written up before. Needless to say, I never said the word "Fink" again after that.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tina, really? For saying Fink? I like it, I can picture saying "Oh FINK IT!" next time I feel one getting ready to slip. Growing up we weren't even allowed to say fart because it was rude so now that I find my self stuck on the F word it's just so odd

Why the #$%! Do We Swear?
Quote:
Bad language could be good for you, a new study shows. For the first time, psychologists have found that swearing may serve an important function in relieving pain

Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to never cuss. I wouldn't even say god in vain. Now I have a mouth like a sailor. And so does most of my family.

April
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kali: IKR. At least I didn't say the real word! But I bet I would have really gotten written up.

Is there a cuss word that everyone says repeatedly? I say "damn." Remember that joke that Bill Cosby spoke of in his video?

Quote:
It was because of my father that from the ages of seven to fifteen, I thought that my name was Jesus Christ and my brother, Russell, thought that his name was Dammit. "Dammit, will you stop all that noise?" And, "Jesus Christ, sit down!" One day, I'm out playing in the rain, and my father yelled, "Dammit will you get back in here!" I said, "Dad, I'm Jesus Christ!"
Old 04-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

"Shut the front door" is always my favorite for "STFU"
Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

@ the Bill Cosby joke! I bet there are a lot of kids who think that in their younger years

I say what the hell, and hell no a lot. I know some don't consider that a curse and some do so I'm not sure where that word falls but other than that it's just the F-word I say a lot but I'm trying to cahnge that, failing but trying.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

That video of Billy Cosby is my favorite; and the dentist too.. so funny... have you seen it?

I remember I got into some trouble with my dad when I said "Hell." So, I guess some ppl do think it's a bad word.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

Another one I like is "What the french toast?!"
Old 04-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

saw this and thought it was cute

Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Total Fan

I love when people say "Fudge" lol it's hilarous. I remeber back in high school one of my classmates would always say fudge instead of the f-word lol

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Fudge is a go to for many. Only some f words work though Oh Fudge sounds way better than oh fluffy

Closed Thread   Post New Thread