Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2020, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Some of the Eucalyptus oils and Lavender oils are good as well but insect repellants with DEET are a must as well as mosquito nets. My advice is wear light coloured loose clothing and just cover your legs and arms. Don't wear any dark colored clothing because they attract mosquitoes. Another important thing is leave your air conditioner on at night because mosquitoes hate the cold. Anti malarial tablets are a waste of money. Always put insect repellant on during the morning and then again in the evening. In hot countries, you can't avoid creepy crawlies no matter what.

Tyra, always buy one of them plug-in insect repellants for your hotel room and leave it switched on at all times during your stay in a hotel or resort
Old 08-02-2020, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

In two years we hope to be able to travel up north and into Canada. This winter, we hope to be able to go to Arkansas for family vacation at a cabin place my brother, momsie and I have been two twice and introduce my SIL, niece and nephew to the amazingness of this place we love.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want to go back to Cuba at some point. It wouldn't be for another year anyhow because my cousin's primary caregiver for her mother and so her retirement money doesn't come in for another year.

But I hope to do that.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

noted for the plug-in insect repellants! haha when I was young, mosquitoes loved me and even when the AC is on. I tightly warped myself with a blanket but they bit me on my eyelid, good times
Old 08-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

These mozzies will find a way to take some sweet blood out of us. I've travelled to many hot countries and I think I have only been bitten by mosquitoes once and that was in India.
Sunny, Cuba is nice though but I prefer St Lucia and Jamaica. My grandfather's heritage was Jamaican before he emigrated to the UK
Old 08-03-2020, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll spare you the details of how mosquitoes bit me thoroughly through thick pants once when I went campig. I come by my dislike of bugs honestly.

I've never been to Jamaica or anywhere else in the Caribbean except for Cuba. And when you travel with others, their wishes have to enter into the destination as well. And there's something to be said that, with Cuba, it's just a 4-hour flight away.

My ancestry is vastly Northwestern French and a teeny tiny bit Irish and Scot. So I think it's in my genes to like a cozy place inside.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Jamaica has some amazing places to visit but it is a bit rough. St Lucia is probably the best and safest place to visit. I guess you like all things French especially with your ancestors. I love Jamaica and can speak Jamaican Patois
Old 08-06-2020, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think perhaps people fom France would have more to appreciate in St. Lucia. I'm descendant from the people who couldn't afford to get back to France when France sold us out to England to pay off the Napoleatan Wars. ( Did that come out bitter? I just meant that I feel no connexion to France whatsoever. They keep depicting us like we live in igloos and hunt bear for their furs or something.)

St Lucia remained connected to France far longer after that. Mind you, maybe I could they'd have their own bitterness to share.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

It's so true what you said. The French people do think that we're still living in igloos (figure of speech). They tease us about our French as if their was "purer". We kept the old French language alive. It's just a different evolution.

wow St Lucia looks lovely.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

From the travel shows I've seen, St. Lucia does look beautiful.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone planning or have been on a staycation? I just spent a week in down town Vancouver, enjoying sights and food!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

pfff no plans, no nothing...

What do you think of Vancouver? I haven't been there in so long.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Never been to Vancouver. Only been to Toronto.

Sunny, St Lucia is definitely beautiful
Old 08-10-2020, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's so weird to me that I've been further West in the United States than in Canada...
Old 08-10-2020, 03:39 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
It's so weird to me that I've been further West in the United States than in Canada...
yeah it's sad but that's due to the prices on flights. for us on the east coast, going to the west coast of canada goes around $800 depending on the season. for the same price, we can go further south or to europe and for a little more money to asia.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread