Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2020, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've never been to France and never really been tempted to go either. But I think I might enjoy Marseille and Lyon (for the food, of course).
Old 07-26-2020, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Tyra, I didnt like Paris at all and other parts of France that I've visited.
Yep I've travelled to about 40 countries around the world with half of the countries I've visited more than once.
Macau is definitely just 3 days visit before I think about Vietnam.
I've been to Hong Kong about 10 years ago and I liked it. Since I've visited around 40 countries here is my top 15 countries that I truly love in order:
1. Maldives; 2. Seychelles; 3. Mauritius; 4. Malaysia; 5. Thailand; 6. Italy; 7. Turkey; 8. Egypt; 9. Indonesia; 10. Philippines; 11. St. Lucia; 12. Jamaica; 13. Spain; 14. Greece; 15. Singapore.
Also loved Tunisia, UAE, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Oman, Canada, Portugal, Kenya, South Africa, Cyprus and Malta.
France was my worst country and China and India are included in my bottom 3.
The most surprising destination I've visited in a positive way that many may not see as a tourist hotspot was Pakistan - the northern parts of the area is truly out of this world with breathtaking mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers - it was an amazing experience

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 07-26-2020 at 01:19 PM
Old 07-26-2020, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The best thing about Paris and France is their food

Also, all the art! Being a fan and a student of art history, I was so glad to have the background, so seeing the actual art itself in person was exciting and amazing, I would probably take a trip to Paris just to go tour the Louvre for several days!
Old 07-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Niiicee that's amazing that you travelled to so many places Mike

yeah Louvre, I didn't have the chance to visit it yet. I was only there 3 days. But I'm glad I did the Van Gogh experience. mmm I'll love to look more into the art.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Yes I have traveled a lot because traveling is my passion. I love landscapes, mountains, valleys, buildings, different cultures, food, tropical beaches and islands, monuments, certain museums, religious sites, forts, ruins, wildlife adventure, and some snorkelling. I love embracing different cultures and sampling different types of food.
I am not into nightlife and bars anymore because I've completely stopped drinking beer or any forms of alcohol for over 17 years and that is a good thing because it keeps me healthy and fit. But I had allergies eating pork-related products so I can't eat them since I was a teenager and I have to be careful regarding that.
I've been on cruises before especially the Nile Cruise and Greek Island Cruise - both amazing. I have once spotted a tiger in the wild in India - that was so awesome. But I did the wildlife safari in Kenya and that was an unforgettable experience.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:05 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Yes to healthy life and more travelling hmm must be hard for some places where pork products are so present.

mmm wildlife safari something I want to try some day. nature is full of surprises and mystery for us to discover. ahh yeah the Nile how big were the cruises? I get easily seasick...
Old 07-27-2020, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Food is one reason why I'm not too keen on visiting Asia. Between all my nuts/tee nuts allergies and my self-inflicted inability to eat pork or beef... I kinda feel like my digestive track would not appreciate.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:39 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

it's twice as challenging in places where there could be a language barrier.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

That is the reason why I would prepare to learn a few phrases before I go on vacation if the country isn't proficient in English.
Allergies is a problem as I know many like you (sunny) who have nut allergies. I'm fine with beef but it seems that pork is where I had real issues so I stopped eating them long time ago. It was a bit of problem for me when I went to Philippines because they eat a lot of pork there and also same applies with China too. But generally I had no issues with food while visiting other countries. Although India wasn't my favorite destination but food-wise it was the best I ever had.

Tyra, the cruise boats are huge and you won't feel sick. It is normally in open ocean where people get sea sickness. The Nile Cruise is 4 nights starting from Aswan to Luxor stopping at various sites on the way. Basically cruise at night, but stops at sites during the day. Best time to go in March when the weather isn't too hot.
Wildlife safari was awesome, especially in Kenya when we were close up with the lions, zebras, giraffes and other wildlife - truly amazing.
In Mauritius, we went to Casella National Park and there we had a chance to walk with the lions and stroke them, also fed the giraffes too - this place is worth a visit if you do go to Mauritius

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 07-28-2020 at 02:40 PM
Old 07-28-2020, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think any of us is going to be in any position to find out whether we'd get seasick on a cruise ship any time soon...

But I like to dream.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:35 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

sounds amazing Mike. I'd like to visit those places some day
Old 07-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

What's the bug situation like, when you're doing a cruise on the Nile or an African safari? Because, from camping, that's where my brain goes to when I imagine myself in a a different sort of natural landscape.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

You will always have bug problems in hot countries no matter what. I've always took insect repellants all the time and used mosquito nets when I'm in bed. The Kenya safari had tonnes of bugs as expected. It wasn't too bad on the Nile Cruise though but always have insect repellants all the time. I also use the plug-in insect repellant in the hotel room which is worth doing.

Tyra, some of the places I've visited are amazing
Old 08-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

plug-in insect repellant, brilliant! I should buy one of those. I don't miss bugs since moving back to Canada but they missed me .

ahh travelling, it's gonna be awhile until we can travel, properly as it was before this virus madness.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

It will be a while, but that is excellent advice I'll keep in mind. I have a holy horror of creepy-crawlies.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread