Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sometimes, just doing touristy things like museums is the best way to spend a trip . Sounds lovely!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

Touristy things are always a great way to spend a vacation.. I do the touristic things in my own city! LOL, there's always room for fun
Old 03-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Talking about touristy things
Hey, I'm Kia and I'm looking for some information about New York. I don't have the money to go there ATM but I am going to have an important teaching visitation and am trying to get sone inspiration on
If anyone here knows great places in New York for younger visitors, please post away

http://www.fanforum.com/f19/help-has...york-62988788/

And BTW I love traveling. Unfortunately I didn't get around a lot over the last few years, but I hope to spend a few weeks in Britain this summer

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

New York as in New York City?

I know the city pretty well. I will think about some stuff and post back.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

I fly to LA on Tuesday for a three week roadtrip taking me to LA, up the West coast (staying in Monterey), San Francisco, Yosemite & Las Vegas...

Are there any California (or Nevada) natives (or frequent visitors) that have any reccomendations on things to do, places to eat, shop etc in any of the above places? I'd be extremely grateful !

Old 06-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

Question for you guys; don't you ever get homesick? I only travel one week a year because I always miss my pets too much and get really homesick. I am super cranky then on the trip and not a lot of fun to be around.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do occasionally get homesick. I think you need that one permanent place to call home, the one that you can always come back to but for me home is the road. I love it. I have my bad days to be sure but the overall experience is worth it.

I recently spent 3 weeks of vacation. 3 days to go, 3 days to come back and 2 weeks in Yellowstone. It was one of the best trips ever (I've been there 4 times now). I miss my dog like crazy and I know he misses me. And I miss my family but the wildlife I've seen adn the rafting I trip outweigh the homesickness.
Emma♥Neal
Old 06-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

I do get homesick, but I know that my pet's going to be taken care of. I gad an old cat before she died when I was on vacation all month, we put her in a place where I thought she'd be taken care of, but they ended up keeping her locked up for what seemed like most of the day and then let her out to play at some time... But the thing about her is she wasn't the type to play. She wanted to cuddle always.. Ginger had anxiety and it took forever to get her to calm down, so every time I went away I had someone take care of her for me. I miss Ginger a lot... Now, with Max, because of what happened to Ginger I don't dare put him in a place where you think they will be cared and looked after. Instead I have a friend watch him, or this time in July when I go to Louisiana for a few days I'm having the little boys next door watch him for me because they love to play with Max and Max loves to play thing should be good. I'm going to have bags of food laid out specifically as to what he gets, when he gets it which is one scoop in the morning, and since I'm not there over night to feed him half a scoop he will get two at night. He's a picky cat and he will not drink water from the tap, he will drink filtered water with ice in it.. Only because I started him on that as a kitten and it's stuck with him. He will also get his daily Watermelon when I have Watermelon, which I do because he eats the fruit and he likes the juice from the fruit.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

Name: Nadene
Birthday: March 23
Best Place Traveled To: oooh tough one! I love Bali and Phuket but also LOVED Toledo in Spain
You Want To Go: New York!
Random Fact About You: I am married with an (almost) 2 year old son who got his very own passport at the age of 6 months!

This is me on on island off phuket:
Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Name: Heleen
Birthday: June 9th
Best Place Traveled To: USA, Paris, Barcelona, Berlin, London, Florence, Venice etc
You Want To Go: Back to USA. I was about 12 when I was there so I don't remember a lot.

I don't have any photos on this computer unfortunately.

I'm actually going back to the USA next school year for 12 months. I'm so excited.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

Nice to meet you and welcome!!

When you're able to show us pictures PLEASE DO!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Name: Calu
Best Places Travelled To: New Zealand, Hong Kong
You Want To Go: def want to revisit NZ at some stage, the US, some countries in Europe that I haven't been to, hm... As for this year, I'd like to go to Stuttgart and the UK
Random Fact About You: enjoyed pretending to be a tourist when buying souvenirs downtown

looking down at the sea from a small island near Stewart Island(NZ):

Oh, and Hi everyone
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Name: Dimple
Best Places Travelled To: Beijing, Taiwan, France, USA
You Want To Go: Back to Beijing and Paris, I would really love to visit Germany too.
Random Fact About You: I love buying souvenirs

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey y'all, it's 1:20am and I'm bumming around the internet trying to find ways to promote my new travel blog and associated social media and thought to myself, why not take a troll around for relevant discussion topics!

Name: Dani
Birthday: January 19
Best Place Traveled To: Impossible to answer, different cities are like comparing apples and oranges and pineapples!
You Want To Go: Everywhere. No, really!
Random Fact About You: I take a photo of every cat I see while travelling.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hello! I am planning on taking a trip to Western Europe next summer (far away, I know, but so excited)! I wanted to go to London, France, Spain, Italy, Greece and possibly Austria. I was wondering if you guys had any city recommendations, attraction recs, places to stay recs?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread